2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 22:46
Ryar wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 14:25
Another interesting trajectory comparison of the incident, overlaying it with the move on Leclerc.

Its fabricated. Not even the track looks correct. It's a crooked-azz model. Lol.

Give me Karun's skypad anyday over this hand drawn hot wheels menagerie.
Well it does show Lewis got 100% level with Max. So if it is to be believed, Lewis was 100% alongside and on the inside :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RaceFan1

I have the feeling that if the Mercedes of Hamilton was replaced by the 2012 Renault of Roman Grosjean, the comments and blame would be pointed in a new direction. May even hear calls for a race or two suspension.

El Scorchio

RaceFan1 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 00:44
I have the feeling that if the Mercedes of Hamilton was replaced by the 2012 Renault of Roman Grosjean, the comments and blame would be pointed in a new direction. May even hear calls for a race or two suspension.
Hopefully not, if you’re being objective about it.

Ryar

RaceFan1 wrote:
This is exactly the point. It was never about right and wrong.
Hakuna Matata!

Just_a_fan

RaceFan1 wrote:
Do you mean the crash in Spa where Gorsjean came fully across the track, locked wheels with Hamilton and then rear ended over Alonso and taking out others too? What relevance does that have here?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 10:45
RaceFan1 wrote:
Do you mean the crash in Spa where Gorsjean came fully across the track, locked wheels with Hamilton and then rear ended over Alonso and taking out others too? What relevance does that have here?
It allows people who don't understand nuence to feel like they're making an argument based on facts, when in actuality they're clutching at straws.

The incident is done. Over. Finished. Both drivers share blame, with the stewards judging Lewis "predominantly" but not wholly to blame.

Max should have been smarter and conceded the corner, knowing that at worst he'd finish 2nd, but could likely have regained the lead during pitstops. Or he should have gone wide, claimed Lewis forced him off and then Lewis may have gotten a penalty or been told to hand the place back.

You don't consolidate a WDC lead on a single corner, you can lose it.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

godlameroso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 22:42
godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 17:42

That was a twitch on the steering wheel at best, the trajectory of his car was constant. Hamilton slowed down while he was along side Verstappen but not enough. Funny he almost did the same thing to Leclerc, the fact he didn't do the same move a second time shows that he knew what he did the first time. Unlike Perez who punted Leclerc twice in Austria.

:shock: i cant beleieve this is coming from mister 2 millimeters himself!!
I don't know what that means. It's obvious I'm biased towards Red Bull and Honda, I will put them in a favorable light regardless of the evidence put in front of me(it's just politics and banter anyway). I'll spin everything to put them in the best frame possible like any good fan would for their respective team.
Saishū kōnā

LaplacesDemon

godlameroso wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 14:22
it's just politics and banter anyway
That's the spirit.
Most accurate thing I've read here in a while

RaceFan1

Just_a_fan wrote:
RaceFan1 wrote:
At that time Roman was under a lot of scrutiny for his race craft and decision making. The same move by him at that time would have had people calling for a very severe penalty or suspension.

Look at this exact move with different drivers, different teams, different times and see how it would be viewed. If the positions were switched, it would be an overly aggressive Max taking out the defending world champion.

Because this was Lewis, it's a racing incident.

From what I saw and all the info being brought forward, I believe this was an overly aggressive and optimistic move made by someone who's ego may be taking a pounding lately by a younger more talented driver. Anger and panic can lead to bad choices.

El Scorchio

RaceFan1 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 17:08
Just_a_fan wrote:
RaceFan1 wrote:
At that time Roman was under a lot of scrutiny for his race craft and decision making. The same move by him at that time would have had people calling for a very severe penalty or suspension.

Look at this exact move with different drivers, different teams, different times and see how it would be viewed. If the positions were switched, it would be an overly aggressive Max taking out the defending world champion.

Because this was Lewis, it's a racing incident.

From what I saw and all the info being brought forward, I believe this was an overly aggressive and optimistic move made by someone who's ego may be taking a pounding lately by a younger more talented driver. Anger and panic can lead to bad choices.
And vice versa most of the people up in arms about it now would see it as a racing incident and no more, were the drivers in opposite roles. So it's a bit of a pointless and subjective argument to try and spin things like that.

Just_a_fan

RaceFan1 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 17:08
Funny, I saw a ham-fisted attempt by a hot headed driver to force the current world champion to back out of a legitimate overtaking attempt. Maybe the young driver's ego couldn't stand that someone was trying to overtake him. Anger and panic can lead to bad choices. Oh my, where have we seen that before? Oh, Brazil 2018 perhaps...some drivers never learn, it seems.

See how easy it is to write a narrative that suits one side or the other? :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RZS10

Early rumours (De Telegraaf) saying that the review was all just a massive waste of everyone's time ...

RZS10 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 18:11
Early rumours (De Telegraaf) saying that the review was all just a massive waste of everyone's time ...
Yup, would appear so.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

adrianjordan

RZS10 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 18:11
Nah. It got the words Red Bull in a few more headlines.

Any publicity is good publicity.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

AMG.Tzan

https://youtu.be/xPn0p5RrAOA

Have Verstapen fans and Red Bull themselves forgotten their past??

Verstapen destroying Sainz”s race for no apparent reason…his car was way faster yet he still didn’t keep himself from attacking from miles back!

Get on with it people! Verstapen just got a taste of his own medicine…just what he deserved after 6 years of on track aggressiveness! 😉
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis