2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

For full transparency, Red Bull should publish their letter.

Tizz

Jolle wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 21:35
wowgr8 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 21:30
To me this is all about power. Red Bull are taking a stand and trying to pressure the FIA in case anything else happens in the future. I'm sure they knew nothing would come of the appeal but I doubt that was their goal, it seems to be about defacing Mercedes image more than anything, and more power to Red Bull for that. Mercedes are a political juggernaut and this is a different team taking a stand against that
Speaking out against a teams influence is one thing (but remember that both Liberty and the FIA is loaded with ex-Ferrari management, not Mercedes), trying to discredit a fellow competitor is something completely else (what it looks like they are doing according to the last paragraph of the verdict and Mercedes reaction).
And what do you think Mercedes has been doing since Silverstone ?

the EDGE

Big Tea wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:19
wowgr8 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 21:42
Jolle wrote:

Speaking out against a teams influence is one thing (but remember that both Liberty and the FIA is loaded with ex-Ferrari management, not Mercedes), trying to discredit a fellow competitor is something completely else (what it looks like they are doing according to the last paragraph of the verdict and Mercedes reaction).
Remember Red Bull will have consulted very expensive lawyers to cook up their appeal, they know exactly what they're doing and why. It seems to me like they were aiming for the stars (claiming it was intentional) to try and sow the seeds of doubt in the FIA's mind in case there's a repeat of such an incident. Also trying to shade Mercedes, who it's clear by now Red Bull don't like
Does all theses expenses come out of their 'cost cap'?
I would have thought Albon’s run would be covered under marketing costs if it was a filming day. I don’t believe marketing is included in the cost cap

The sim is bought & paid for, and so is Perez and other staff involved, I would have thought that although these costs are included, other than time & electricity, there would be no increase

Tizz

wowgr8 wrote:
To me this is all about power. Red Bull are taking a stand and trying to pressure the FIA in case anything else happens in the future. I'm sure they knew nothing would come of the appeal but I doubt that was their goal, it seems to be about defacing Mercedes image more than anything, and more power to Red Bull for that. Mercedes are a political juggernaut and this is a different team taking a stand against that
Absolutely. And RB got what they wanted. Hammi's driving will be under the magnifying glass...

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:33
Big Tea wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:

Remember Red Bull will have consulted very expensive lawyers to cook up their appeal, they know exactly what they're doing and why. It seems to me like they were aiming for the stars (claiming it was intentional) to try and sow the seeds of doubt in the FIA's mind in case there's a repeat of such an incident. Also trying to shade Mercedes, who it's clear by now Red Bull don't like
I would have thought Albon’s run would be covered under marketing costs if it was a filming day. I don’t believe marketing is included in the cost cap

The sim is bought & paid for, and so is Perez and other staff involved, I would have thought that although these costs are included, other than time & electricity, there would be no increase
Thanks, just to make it clear that I am not stirring up trouble, my concern is not only with Red Bull doing it, but it could happen to any team and I wondered what the position is
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

zibby43

Tizz wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:34
wowgr8 wrote:
Absolutely. And RB got what they wanted. Hammi's driving will be under the magnifying glass...
According to Jon Noble at Motorsport.com, it looks like RBR will be under the magnifying glass for making harsh allegations against the stewards:

But while it is understood that Red Bull’s anger over Hamilton’s driving was an element of the letter, it is more likely that the FIA stewards would only make such a comment were its criticisms directly aimed at the governing body or its officials.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia- ... w/6638742/

We really need to see that letter, as that would seem to be a major misstep on their part, if true.

Just_a_fan

Tizz wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:34
wowgr8 wrote:
No it won't. Any incident will be dealt with according to the rules. RBR weren't wanting Hamilton's driving studied at every race, they just wanted a DSQ or race ban imposed in order to help Max win the title.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Lock2nl

Deleted.
Last edited by Lock2nl on 30 Jul 2021, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

SiLo

The response from the stewards, and the fact that RB used a filming day to create "evidence" is making them look like a bunch of clowns right now. Just give it up and get on with it, you've likely still got the best car and driver package on the grid, what are you so fussed about?
Felipe Baby!

SmallSoldier

Big Tea wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Albon’s running using the RB15 isn’t part of the cost cap since it falls under the “Heritage Car” running… They can run heritage (old cars) as much as they want without it been part of the cap

void

Merc should put Hamilton on simulator to say he can make Copse turn with that drive line just for fun.

Tvetovnato

Imagine if Mercedes, as a response to a successful protest, would have Gutierrez driving Copse in the W10 and actually making the corner… :lol:

Jolle

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 23:43
Big Tea wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:

Albon’s running using the RB15 isn’t part of the cost cap since it falls under the “Heritage Car” running… They can run heritage (old cars) as much as they want without it been part of the cap
For which they could also be on thin ice. All they need is one team asking for a clarification of the rules for filming days other then promotional purposes (like for use of an appeal).

dans79

Jolle wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 00:01
SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 23:43
Big Tea wrote:

For which they could also be on thin ice. All they need is one team asking for a clarification of the rules for filming days other then promotional purposes (like for use of an appeal).
Yep, If i was Merc, that's exactly what I would be doing!
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

hollus wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 20:11
Max, literally, said he was "opening the corner".
https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/ver ... for-crash/
But as soon as he commits to the inside and is getting alongside me, I open up the corner and then I’m going to leave him space
But I did give him the space and then I just opened up my corner
The videos are there for everyone to see and judge for himself.
Young Max needs to finish his limerrick.

He opened the corner
knowing Lewis was there,
then expected him to "poof!"
Vanish!
into thin air!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏