2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 23:51
They just spent 6 grand for a big fat pie in the face.
Well at least they got something for their money :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

zeph

djones wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:31
It will certainly take its toll if they lose the championship lead going into the summer break.

Which after these unprofessional accusations and statements I really hope they do now.
This. It was clear for the world to see this was simply a racing incident, but RBR just has to go peddling sour grapes and waste everybody's time with this BS. It makes you want to root for Merc/Ham, as boring as their dominance has been.

Magicsenna_41

AMuS is claiming that Mercedes told Verstappen was 1km/h faster in Copse at anytime during the weekend. So with full tank and harder tires puts a different light to the racing incident.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... abgelehnt/

Viper2789

Surely the only reason for all of this is that there must be some sort of stipulation in Max's contract about winning the WDC. It does seem very excessive and extreme.

adrianjordan

Viper2789 wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 01:04
Surely the only reason for all of this is that there must be some sort of stipulation in Max's contract about winning the WDC. It does seem very excessive and extreme.
Maybe, but I'm fairly sure this whole episode has guaranteed Max won't be driving a Merc any time soon...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

selvam_e2002

Again I am saying that,
Max poor child....wonderful talent.....wasting with RB politics.
Burnt Bridge with Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault. It is a sports and you have only 4 engine manufacturer. Limited opportunity. If RB find new talent, they will kick you out......
Please don't be next Vettel.....

Ryar

adrianjordan wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 01:06
Viper2789 wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 01:04
Maybe, but I'm fairly sure this whole episode has guaranteed Max won't be driving a Merc any time soon...
It's a good thing. Isn't it? Honda has managed to motor ahead with PU and Mercedes has struggled with concept change and had to rely upon dirty driving to break the 5 race losing streak. Without the ability to throw billions, it's difficult to gain any advantage over the field anymore for Mercedes. Red Bull has always been a good chassis and lagged behind on PU. With that sorted, For Max, it's the best house to be in for the upcoming big change of regulations with budget caps.
Hakuna Matata!

ringo

Max is just as bitter as his bosses.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/ham ... erstappen/

I guess he learns Formula1 from Marko and Horner. It seems all three echo off each other.

His bitterness will take 3 tenths off the redbull car which i dont mind at all. It msked the championship more exciting.

So much for those who think Max is unbothered like Kimi. Hamilton is coming off as the cooler more unbothered one.
For Sure!!

proteus

ringo wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 07:08

I guess he learns Formula1 from Marko and Horner. It seems all three echo off each other.

His bitterness will take 3 tenths off the redbull car which i dont mind at all. It msked the championship more exciting.

So much for those who think Max is unbothered like Kimi. Hamilton is coming off as the cooler more unbothered one.
I would take the reporting of Racefans with a pinch of salt. They are a massive Hamilton lovers - even their safe word is Lewis 🙂 Not to mention the level of censorship they are forcing upon those who comment. I have lost all respect for them long time ago, since they became extremely political and bias.

And what bothered me even more was how they begged for money not so long ago.

Overall everyone should move on and let Netflix to overhype it in their series 🙂
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jolle

proteus wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 07:48
ringo wrote:

I would take the reporting of Racefans with a pinch of salt. They are a massive Hamilton lovers - even their safe word is Lewis 🙂 Not to mention the level of censorship they are forcing upon those who comment. I have lost all respect for them long time ago, since they became extremely political and bias.

Overall everyone should move on and let Netflix to overhype it in their series 🙂
The article is build from direct quotes from Verstappen from the official drivers interviews from the FOM. So “fake news” isn’t flying here.

proteus

Jolle wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 08:14
proteus wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 07:48
ringo wrote:

The article is build from direct quotes from Verstappen from the official drivers interviews from the FOM. So “fake news” isn’t flying here.
I didnt say fake news, but they are heavily biased and fully implementing their censorship dictatorship - this is my opinion, and i have seen that several of their regulars also voiced this.

I will simply stop reading on their site and this will be a good enough solution for me.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

nimoraca

The claim made by Merc that Verstappen was trying to take the corner with 1kph more speed than his fastest qualifying runs even though he was on 100kg fuel with harder tires really tells you who is desparate.

djones

nimoraca wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:26
The claim made by Merc that Verstappen was trying to take the corner with 1kph more speed than his fastest qualifying runs even though he was on 100kg fuel with harder tires really tells you who is desparate.
Mercedes with the facts and professional press releases (Twitter etc).

Redbull making up what they think counts as new evidence and slandering people.

I guess when you don't really have a brand to protect this kind of thing is allowed to go on. Any noise is an advert for Redbull but the car manufacturers must remain professional. That said, if I was above Horner I'd be having serious words with him right now. If nothing else but to stop him making himself look even more of an idiot.

Tvetovnato

djones wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:32
nimoraca wrote:

I guess when you don't really have a brand to protect this kind of thing is allowed to go on. Any noise is an advert for Redbull but the car manufacturers must remain professional. That said, if I was above Horner I'd be having serious words with him right now. If nothing else but to stop him making himself look even more of an idiot.
They are a markering company, and have realised in recent years that you can get away with any type of media behaviour. Just being heard and seen is more important than what you actually say, no matter how outrageous and embarassing it might be. I always thought their public slandering of their former business partner Renault was deeply unprofessional, but this whole saga takes it to a new level.

Tvetovnato wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:48
djones wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 10:32
nimoraca wrote:

They are a markering company, and have realised in recent years that you can get away with any type of media behaviour. Just being heard and seen is more important than what you actually say, no matter how outrageous and embarassing it might be. I always thought their public slandering of their former business partner Renault was deeply unprofessional, but this whole saga takes it to a new level.
It also explains why it’s probably best to stay silent and take the high-road vs. RB. Ive wondered why Merc don’t often push back like with the silly ALB incident in Austria for instance, but maybe it’s strategic.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.