2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Yep, guess we should “respect” that.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 11:49
Sieper wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 11:29
New engine needed afterall:

Well, It's game over I think now. Thanks to a dirty move. Well done... :|
nothing over. they did right thing. 2 dnf and still max leads wdc. so one engine penalty not damage it if they keep winning form.

LaplacesDemon

Much better to bite the bullet now rather than risk DNF. PU swaps must be one of the riskiest thing to do and doing it between quali and race must be the worst time to do it, hats off to them if they pull this off.

Take new PU at Monza, make it into top 10 during the sprint race, good chance of podium on Sunday, job done.

El Scorchio

LaplacesDemon wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:09
Much better to bite the bullet now rather than risk DNF. PU swaps must be one of the riskiest thing to do and doing it between quali and race must be the worst time to do it, hats off to them if they pull this off.

Take new PU at Monza, make it into top 10 during the sprint race, good chance of podium on Sunday, job done.
Exactly. It’s really smart. Why risk a DNF here? Monza is ideal to take the extra engine, although I believe penalties are applied AFTER the sprint race rather than before so he may start from the back in the race anyway. I could be wrong though.

SmallSoldier

Jolle wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 00:52
SmallSoldier wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 00:45
Jolle wrote:
I got the step to Renault. I didn’t get the leap to McLaren. Even if McLaren is faster then the Renault, you’re leaving a works team. If you want to be WC one day, you need a works team. Normally drivers (outside a junior program) don’t level up from a privateer to a works team anymore, certainly not as their first driver. Sainz is doing something special!
Not been a Works Team isn’t the handicap that it once was in F1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the moment that’s just hope and theory. In the last decade, from the top of my head, only four times a non-work team won a GP (Kimi twice, Maldenado and Perez). That’s around 2%.
I guess you considered Red Bull a works team, because they won as a customer team in the last decade… The reality is that in the last decade, the “works teams” that have accumulated 98% of wins according to your calculation, have more to do with the fact that they were spending approximately 500 million (Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari) while the rest of the grid was spending 200 million or less… It had way more to do with the amount of money spent than the status of works or customer team… It will be interesting to see what happens with the cost cap… I still expect teams such as Red Bull to be on top, since even when they now have to operate with the same budget as everyone else, they still have top personnel.

RZS10

It's not even clear that the engine will be scrapped as of now, right? They could still bring it back and potentially fix it, all depending on where the crack is.

SmallSoldier

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:37
LaplacesDemon wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:09

Exactly. It’s really smart. Why risk a DNF here? Monza is ideal to take the extra engine, although I believe penalties are applied AFTER the sprint race rather than before so he may start from the back in the race anyway. I could be wrong though.
I agree on the timing… Although, Spa may actually be a better place to take the penalty… At Monza you run the risk of getting stuck on a DRS train, I believe Spa will show the performance difference on the car to the rest of the field a little more than Monza… Didn’t Albon manage to go from the back of the grid to 5th at Spa? I believe Max would be really strong there.

SmallSoldier

RZS10 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:44
It's not even clear that the engine will be scrapped as of now, right? They could still bring it back and potentially fix it, all depending on where the crack is.
According to Craig Scarborough, the engine is scrapped and won’t come back in 2021

Jolle

SmallSoldier wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 14:43
Jolle wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 00:52
SmallSoldier wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 00:45

Not been a Works Team isn’t the handicap that it once was in F1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the moment that’s just hope and theory. In the last decade, from the top of my head, only four times a non-work team won a GP (Kimi twice, Maldenado and Perez). That’s around 2%.
I guess you considered Red Bull a works team, because they won as a customer team in the last decade… The reality is that in the last decade, the “works teams” that have accumulated 98% of wins according to your calculation, have more to do with the fact that they were spending approximately 500 million (Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari) while the rest of the grid was spending 200 million or less… It had way more to do with the amount of money spent than the status of works or customer team… It will be interesting to see what happens with the cost cap… I still expect teams such as Red Bull to be on top, since even when they now have to operate with the same budget as everyone else, they still have top personnel.
Yes and no. At both McLaren and RedBull, even with their high budgets, when they lost their works status and went to a customer deal, they lost quite a lot of performance.

RZS10

Shame, checked that Scarbs twitter thread and there's a (supposed?) RBR guy kinda confirming it, and yea it's near a mounting point, you don't want to risk that area of the car losing structural integrity ...

Marti_EF3

Great bowling played by Bottas =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

davidfroshanzen

Bottas KAMIKAZE.... 😁

Sieper

Impossible to score any points. Second race in a row.

Jambier

RIP title

This was the year to get it, so much effort robbed..

Marti_EF3

Jambier wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 15:18
RIP title

This was the year to get it, so much effort robbed..
And always a Mercedes into it...