2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ryar

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max good a good start, then wheel spin slowing him down and then he got himself nicely into shape in Turn 1, where Hamilton got a twitch. Right at that moment, I thought Max is in with a shout at Turn 2-3 sequence. But it wasn't.

I was hoping that the bargeboard is a different assembly to the floor, but it is such a difficult proposition to lose the bargeboards or the rear of the car in a collision that they can't be repaired even in red flag situation.
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

Yep, taken out. Of sorts. Again. And Spa is just as dangerous.

darkpino

Ryar wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:56
max_speed wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:53
I just hope luck evens out. We just need one hamilton dnf and merc will crumble like pack of cards. If i was tsunoda today i would have crashed into hamilton today :) considering reputation he has.
I have never seen one driver being so lucky that, the very reason to be leading a championship is through luck. It's simply unbelievable. Not just Hamilton has got lucky in disastrous scenarios, but Max suffering all the bad luck is just beyond belief.
I agree, that’s the thing that frustrates me. Max has been pretty close to faultless this season (small incidents like an offtrack at Portugal and a bit of slip and sliding on Imola, but nothing major)

Yet the guy who made huge mistakes (and I’m not even counting Silverstone as I think that was an race incident) is leading the championship… unbelievable. First time since I can remember I turned the tv off halfway the race

ispano6

djones wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:27
This is going to be so hard for the team going into the summer break.

The worst thing is not losing the lead of the championship, it's the fact Mercedes have fixed their aero issues and are now much faster (than they were). All things being equal I think Max would have probably finished 3rd today after what we saw in the FP sessions and then reinforced in qualifying.
Max, Checo and Norris were all in front of Bottas. How do you figure Max finishing 3rd at best? Max and Checo would have finished at least on the podium if Bottas didn't take them ALL out.

Sieper

ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:02
djones wrote:

The worst thing is not losing the lead of the championship, it's the fact Mercedes have fixed their aero issues and are now much faster (than they were). All things being equal I think Max would have probably finished 3rd today after what we saw in the FP sessions and then reinforced in qualifying.
Max, Checo and Norris were all in front of Bottas. How do you figure Max finishing 3rd at best? Max and Checo would have finished at least on the podium if Bottas didn't take them ALL out.
Because he is a hardcore Mercedes fan and is known to post things like this. Max was already well clear of Bottas and on this track, no way Bottas would come back. The Qualy gap was also artificial. Max did not have a free lap in both instances. The first he was also only 3.5 second behind leclerc. Second he had the same problem and Lewis even had a 2.4 second slower lap then his pole, compounding the issue for Max.

Ryar

djones wrote:

It was a wet start and Bottas is rubbish in such situations and he had already lost heaps of places. If the lap 1 would have been clean for everyone, there was all to play for. It could have been anyone's race between Hamilton and Max. It takes 2 seconds performance advantage on this track to overtake and there were many possibilities for strategy. So, everything was possible.

It was a very difficult weekend for Red Bull to start with as they struggled to get the balance right. It felt like RB16 and not RB16B, which made things difficult in the first place. I strongly hope that they come back after summer break with everything sorted. I just hope luck evens out between the two drivers. Despite being almost inch perfect, Max is trailing and despite having one of the most error prone seasons, Hamilton is leading. That is nature at it's unfair worst.
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

It is making me sick to the stomach. Mercedes will run with it. No way you can defend from this. I fear Spa. It is such a dangerous track with many places where it can go wrong.

darkpino

Sieper wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:24
It is making me sick to the stomach. Mercedes will run with it. No way you can defend from this. I fear Spa. It is such a dangerous track with many places where it can go wrong.
Are you implying that Mercedes is endangering RBR drivers on purpose?

Sieper

darkpino wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:39
Sieper wrote:
Ofcourse not, they would never do that. Do you think they will?

Jambier

I am not a Red Bull fan but I’m really gutted for them.

I feel like they are being stolen of the championship.
Any other result that winning the title would be a real blowback for Formula1 I think

darkpino

Sieper wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 19:52
darkpino wrote:
Sieper wrote:
No, I just hope that we as Dutch fans and fans of RBR don’t get that low in our statements/messages

Sieper

Thank you jambier. Really. I know that to be true (you are not a fan, and neither should you, only if you want) and to still come and say that is heartwarming. That goes a long way to counter a lot of other people.

TNTHead

darkpino wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 20:27
Sieper wrote:
darkpino wrote:

No, I just hope that we as Dutch fans and fans of RBR don’t get that low in our statements/messages
Agreed, whatever happens you can always be a gentleman.

Nevertheless, it is very hard to swallow so venting your emotions isn't a bad thing. In the race already was said, it is very difficult to keep respect for Mercedes with all their 'luck'.
We know that in F1 there is more than racepace and driver skill, politics and power also determine much of the outcome. But when a driver is driving as flawless as it can be and still is (at least) 49 points robbed, thats hard to accept.

darkpino

TNTHead wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 20:37
darkpino wrote:
Sieper wrote:

Nevertheless, it is very hard to swallow so venting your emotions isn't a bad thing. In the race already was said, it is very difficult to keep respect for Mercedes with all their 'luck'.
We know that in F1 there is more than racepace and driver skill, politics and power also determine much of the outcome. But when a driver is driving as flawless as it can be and still is (at least) 49 points robbed, thats hard to accept.
I know, but I don’t believe a single moment that both the Bottas and Hamilton incidents were on purpose. Sometimes you’re just plain unlucky.

A really famous drag racer once said: “I’d rather be lucky than good” and this season shows why haha

TNTHead

darkpino wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 21:03
TNTHead wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 20:37
darkpino wrote:

I know, but I don’t believe a single moment that both the Bottas and Hamilton incidents were on purpose. Sometimes you’re just plain unlucky.

A really famous drag racer once said: “I’d rather be lucky than good” and this season shows why haha
Agreed, part of having success is also being lucky at times.