2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Emag wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:18
CjC wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:13
That was an incredibly poorly executed race by Mclaren.
I’m not gonna slam Ric but he wasn’t helped by the team there
Help him with what man really. Daniel is already struggling this season as it is. Add to that the damage in the floor and you got a race car that was probably barely going faster than Williams today.

The real loss for the team here was Bottas going full kowabunga into the first corner and taking Lando out.
That's where the race went from almost too perfect to a complete disaster.

I support Alonso as a driver, so at least for me there was a silver lining watching him battle with Hamilton. But other than that, this race was atrocious as a McLaren fan.

What could have been ...
They should have helped him by negating the grip loss due to the floor damage as best they could with grip from fresh sets of tyres.
Red Bull made the right call with Verstappen and Mclaren made the wrong call with Ric. Hopefully they’ll learn from it for the future👍🏻
Just a fan's point of view

SmallSoldier

Lando’s damage… No wonder he couldn’t continue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emag

SmallSoldier wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 21:24
Lando’s damage… No wonder he couldn’t continue

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202108 ... 2898c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I made a comment during the race also. I saw the damage in the pits when they were putting it inside the garage for repairs. His diffuser was practically gone.

Not to mention that he slammed into Verstappen with his left-front wheel with quite some speed. Would be very surprised if there was nothing damaged in the front suspension.

Mansell89

Vettel disqualified.

Is that a point for Dan?

Emag

Mansell89 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:15
Vettel disqualified.

Is that a point for Dan?
Nope. They pit him in the end. Finished P12, so he now moves P11.

Ferrari also got P3 in the constructors I think even with equal points, because 2 of their podiums have been P2, whereas McLaren's podiums have been all P3. Just caps off this amazing weekend.

--- it. Go into the summer break, relax a bit. And its game on for the second half.
Last edited by Emag on 01 Aug 2021, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

blastdoman

A perfect ending to a perfect sunday...

CjC
CjC

Yea what a terrible race for Mclaren.
Everyone was banging on about how bad it was for Red Bull this race- Verstappen still managed a points score. Mclaren- nothing🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Emag

I am just pissed about Lando to be honest, because Daniel has been disappointing all season. For some reason, I am not even mad about his result today. But Lando hasn't put a foot wrong all year, and then he gets completely fuucked by some other driver.

After the summer break, it's essentially a new "season" in terms of constructors for us. McLaren and Ferrari start at equal points. Let's hope this second half ends with McLaren on top.
Last edited by Emag on 01 Aug 2021, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

CjC
CjC

Yea fingers crossed, there are some power tracks coming up🔥

Chicane

Quickshifter

runningmanz

Both guys were robbed severely by two drivers driving like clowns on that first lap. Dan even with that first hit of Leclercs car almost got away with it but the second hit spun him around and it was pretty much game over after that with the damage. Even Hamilton struggled to pass cars early on with no damage and the fastest car. Gutted for both guys Dan could have probably won if had had have been able to avoid that carnage and stay in P2 after turn 1.

He was really downcast in that Ziggo video but at least could have a laugh about visiting Amsterdam during his break. Oh well at least the next few races are tracks he should go better at like Spa and Monza. His qualli while looking bad at half a second really should have been about 3 tenths off at worst it seems as in the replay he took to much kerb and slid out of the corner losing a few tenths and would have made Q3. Even Rosberg highlighted that, so I'm not convinced he was as bad as some are making out in qualli here. As for the race it was done after turn 1 for both guys with the heavy damage. FU Bottas and Stroll you muppets. Enjoy ya 5 place grid penalties which imo is not enough of a penalty.

runningmanz

Seidl said the damage was too much on both cars. Dan mentioned they tried to tape some of the damage as well to no avail in the end so must have been bad.

"ANDREAS SEIDL, Team Principal
“A day to forget for us. Unfortunately, both of our drivers and cars were victims of incidents in Turn One after good race starts, which finished our day.

“We had to retire Lando’s car straight away with extensive damage. Daniel’s had heavy bodywork damage as well, but the team was still trying to fight for points, which wasn’t possible with the loss of aero we’d suffered."

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/2021/hun ... rand-prix/

Mclarensenna

What a crazy race that anybody could have won. So much Ric bashing again when he actually drove a decent race with great defending with the damage he had. The irony is that if Ric did not get tagged, as it seemed for a second he somehow managed to avoid the 1st corner mayhem, he would have been ahead of Ocon and possibly won the race. Instead Ric is a zero and Ocon the hero of the day!

Sad day for Mclaren and both cars as Lando also could have won it with a bit of luck. But either way was great to see Ocon Renault/Alpine finally win a race after so many years! Alonso today was defending like he was back 15 years ago with Schumacher. The guy has not lost a beat!
Onward to Spa!!

runningmanz

Ricciardo's onboard start. Got away great, the red seas parted and then it turned to ---. Sounds like he called Stroll a c$#khead too.

Mclarensenna

runningmanz wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 05:39
Ricciardo's onboard start. Got away great, the red seas parted and then it turned to ---. Sounds like he called Stroll a c$#khead too.

hahahaha it does look like that actually. Shame as he almost free and clear ahead and out of nowhere he gets wacked from the right side.