2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: 2021 FIM MotoGP WC

rscsr wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 22:23
Cuky wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 20:20
Here the replay of what Maverick was doing. This is just from the last sector when he was coming in to retire. Sorry but I couldn't find this clip on youtube so here it is on MotoGP page. You can watch it if you are registered there (no need for VideoPass subscription for this one)

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/0 ... ion/385406
seems to be b) and Vinales is really that stupid.
Can´t see the video, what is shown there?

etusch

It's free video but you have to be signed in to watch

rscsr

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 08:02
rscsr wrote:
Cuky wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 20:20
Here the replay of what Maverick was doing. This is just from the last sector when he was coming in to retire. Sorry but I couldn't find this clip on youtube so here it is on MotoGP page. You can watch it if you are registered there (no need for VideoPass subscription for this one)

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/0 ... ion/385406
it only shows the last couple of corners before he goes into the pits. He doesn't shift into 6th which doesn't seem too bad since it wasn't a long straight. But when he turns into the pitlane he shifts to neutral and just revs to the limiter twice.

edit: I just found a video on that shows what he was doing. The second half is basically the MotoGP video posted above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-tSzhTlVk

Andres125sx

rscsr wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 08:53
Andres125sx wrote:
rscsr wrote:

it only shows the last couple of corners before he goes into the pits. He doesn't shift into 6th which doesn't seem too bad since it wasn't a long straight. But when he turns into the pitlane he shifts to neutral and just revs to the limiter twice.

edit: I just found a video on that shows what he was doing. The second half is basically the MotoGP video posted above:
Wow, didnt expect such a childish behaviour from any MotoGP rider...

These kids cant appreciatte how lucky they are, they live in a bubble assuming anyone should be kissing their feet.

He surely deserves to be fired :-o

Pat Pending

rscsr wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 08:53
Andres125sx wrote:
rscsr wrote:

Cheers.
Clearly not a happy camper, is he.

AMG.Tzan

Why are the commentators always talking about Miller being Quatararo's championship rival?? :lol:

They guy is nowhere near on points (72 behind, behind 2 Ducatis), nowhere near on speed and nowhere near in terms of consistency compared to Fabio! Yes whenever it rains he's on top...but you have to be fast everywhere if you want to win the championship! :oops:

The only rider that has the potential to come close to Quatararo at the end of the championship is Mir! Zarco could have been way closer but he's making mistakes and should have made it to the podium at least in Austria 1 when his team mate won!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 14:37
Why are the commentators always talking about Miller being Quatararo's championship rival?? :lol:

They guy is nowhere near on points (72 behind, behind 2 Ducatis), nowhere near on speed and nowhere near in terms of consistency compared to Fabio! Yes whenever it rains he's on top...but you have to be fast everywhere if you want to win the championship! :oops:

The only rider that has the potential to come close to Quatararo at the end of the championship is Mir! Zarco could have been way closer but he's making mistakes and should have made it to the podium at least in Austria 1 when his team mate won!
Ducati has a longer bike allow them 90 deg vee and more power, better braking ability( for sure longer wheelbase helps braking a lot as it did in acceleration ) better top speed. When it come to turns it is worst out there( I think they are developed this year at turns ). When it rains other bike loss their superiority at turns but ducati keep its powerfull parts at hand. This is why they are good at wet conditions.

I also think that mir will fight agianst Diablo closer or maybe start to beat him with a bike which is complete any more. But I don't think suzuki riders good enough. I think Diablo is a bit better rider. Otherwise I think this suzuki would be so closer at wdc. Diablo is not only fast but also looks like he is mature that he can accept if he is not fast enough to win and take points what he can instead of pushing harder to reach unavailable. ( I like riders who are pushing harder until they crash :lol: )

rscsr

etusch wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 15:12
AMG.Tzan wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 14:37

Ducati has a longer bike allow them 90 deg vee and more power, better braking ability( for sure longer wheelbase helps braking a lot as it did in acceleration ) better top speed. When it come to turns it is worst out there( I think they are developed this year at turns ). When it rains other bike loss their superiority at turns but ducati keep its powerfull parts at hand. This is why they are good at wet conditions.

I also think that mir will fight agianst Diablo closer or maybe start to beat him with a bike which is complete any more. But I don't think suzuki riders good enough. I think Diablo is a bit better rider. Otherwise I think this suzuki would be so closer at wdc. Diablo is not only fast but also looks like he is mature that he can accept if he is not fast enough to win and take points what he can instead of pushing harder to reach unavailable. ( I like riders who are pushing harder until they crash :lol: )
The Suzuki just got their rear holeshot device last race. So to me it seems that Mir's championship charge just started.

etusch

rscsr wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 15:38

The Suzuki just got their rear holeshot device last race. So to me it seems that Mir's championship charge just started.
We already knew that Suzuki is very fast at turns and with holeshot they can be right behind of a ducati at A1 ring. So it is well expectable.

Cuky

Bad news for Sepang Racing Team. They will be losing Valentino Rossi at the end of the season and it is almost certain that Morbidelli will join factory Yamaha team. That means they need to find two new riders and both of their main targets: Raul Fernandez and Marco Bezzecchi won't be with them. Fernandez will join Tech3 KTM and Bezzecchi is almost certain to join VR46 team.

Now there are also news that Petronas will not continue its title sponsor role with a team and that team will scrap both their Moto3 and Moto2 teams in a bid to save their MotoGP project.

There are also some reports that they have negotiated new contract with Yamaha but they will be getting two same year bikes as factory team, but theirs will be B-spec (meaning no factory support).

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/p ... p/6646393/

etusch

Toprak wants to finish his job at wsbk but I want to see him as soon as possible at motogp and settelite team is a good way to come in. He just need a deal that give him at least 2 years for adaptation and improvement.

Cuky

Some more rider changes that could happen for British GP:
- Cal Crutcthlow to factory Yamaha instead of Vinales
- Jake Dixon from Moto2 Petronas SRT to MotoGP team as a replacement for Morbidelli while he is still recovering.

etusch

Cuky

Here is the interview
https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/0 ... ion/386032

Basically he says that it was all about frustration and that it was very hard for him to sit whilst his competitors were on track, but that he is still a Yamaha rider and that he respects their decision to suspend him for this weekend.

etusch

good scene