Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
J.A.W.

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

"...Compress the structure..."

Yes of course, that'd be a useful de-icing method, since atmospheric weather is an issue.
(& it would facilitate an active mixing of the helium & hydrogen lifting gas for safety.)

Andrew could design it, a huge hollow-tube internal venturi-shaped, lighter-than-air & self-powered!

Perhaps include a few cephalopod features, such as jet-squirt for emergencies; skin-colour change
for insolation level control; flexible/extensible tentacles for pick-up/grasping, & etc.

The skies are the limit...
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Feliks

Well, here are a few additional films that say something about these wings with a variable angle of attack .. the first one is about trying in the water, quite similar to my drawing, but I did not know this film while making a drawing ...

And a few more about "professional" cyclocopter machines

And marine version ..

Andrew :D

J.A.W.

Yeah, again that kind of prop design has been around for decades, even in Submarines,
see below, a declassified example from nearly 60 years ago:

"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Feliks

gruntguru wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 03:29
Flying forever? No problem with a lighter-than-air machine. You can even make it move with minimal power input:

- reduce the bouyancy (reduce the volume using a winch or similar to compress the structure and its contents). Nose-down and the airship goes into a shallow dive.

- reverse the process to increase the bounyancy and nose-up to propell the vehicle forward during the climb.

Would the required energy input be less than the energy gained in propelling the vehicle forwards? Perhaps - if the process is somehow extracting energy from the atmosphere.
=D>

Well, on Sunday, he will publish how the Perpetual Mobile works forever, of course, if none of its elements breaks down .. It will work forever without supplying energy from the outside. . As you understand, please stop saying that: "it is impossible" ... :D It is simply such an underwater glider, which so far needed minimal battery energy to change its buoyancy. "Nose" to add a propeller like that of the World War II fighter ME163 "Komet", which power the generators .. Image

Here, in this underwater glider, there is also a propeller that will charge the battery, from which energy will be taken to the buoyancy of this glider . For my eye, there will be enough energy in excess of the need to change the motion, that it will also be sufficient to send measurement data .. Of course, to ensure reliability, various forms of this design can be made, such as, for example, a propeller on the back, or in a Venturi nozzle with forward, to increase the speed of the water flow .. In any case, please write down the date of creation of the first real Perpetuum mobile :D So it pays to know the history of aviation. :D

gruntguru

The underwater glider, the atmospheric glider and the solar aircraft are not perpetual motion machines. They are using "free" energy from external sources.
je suis charlie

Feliks

gruntguru wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 01:07
The underwater glider, the atmospheric glider and the solar aircraft are not perpetual motion machines. They are using "free" energy from external sources.
Well, I would not agree here .. There is no energy under the water .. But it is created as a result of movement under the water and this time it can arise in the ocean constantly, as a result of an ingenious device .. So, however, it is a perpetual motion machine ..

Andrew :idea:

Tommy Cookers

Feliks wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:43
gruntguru wrote:
Well, I would not agree here .. There is no energy under the water .......
haven't we been this way before ? (sorry I've not been following)

afaik ....
ultimately to rise again the underwater glider must increase its buoyancy ....
by displacing some of the water .....
this is work done by the glider that increases the potential energy of the ocean

another case ? .....
its said ....
'an albatross achieves effortless flight by slow ? climbing (in glide) upwind and faster ? descending (in glide) downwind'

something to do with energies and momentum ?
the wind being that associated with the motion of oceanic waves

Feliks

Tommy Cookers wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 09:46
Feliks wrote:
gruntguru wrote:
haven't we been this way before ? (sorry I've not been following)

afaik ....
this is work done by the glider that increases the potential energy of the ocean

another case ? .....
its said ....
'an albatross achieves effortless flight by slow ? climbing (in glide) upwind and faster ? descending (in glide) downwind'

something to do with energies and momentum ?
the wind being that associated with the motion of oceanic waves
:lol: :lol:
It is a pity that you do not follow my new arguments .. As you can see, you understand little .. "this is work done by the glider that increases the potential energy of the ocean" Ha, Ha, Ha, And what is the potential energy of the ocean ??? . I am the first one to hear about such ... :lol: :lol:
And how then it reduces buoyancy, it reduces these energies? and it goes to zero .. Ha, Ha. Somehow you didn't notice that then I do shrink .. .. Ha, Ha, Ha ..
Before you start discussing energy, you should actually watch what he is writing about. Unless you want to be like Lord Kelvin, who couldn't observe that birds that are heavier than air but still fly. Probably for your proper observations, like him, you want to receive the title of Lord .. :lol:

Just_a_fan

Feliks wrote:
gruntguru wrote:
Well, I would not agree here .. There is no energy under the water .. But it is created as a result of movement under the water and this time it can arise in the ocean constantly, as a result of an ingenious device .. So, however, it is a perpetual motion machine ..

The buoyancy glider includes a battery pack. It changes its buoyancy by inflating / deflating a buoyancy device. It controls pitch and roll by moving an internal mass to change the centre of gravity of the vehicle.

So it's not perpetual motion at all - it makes use of stored electrical energy to effect the required change of buoyancy. No electrical energy to change the buoyancy, no movement once it hits the surface or the bottom of the sea (depending on its relative buoyancy at the moment that the electrical energy is depleted).

An atmospheric glider works by making use of the rising air mass caused by buoyancy changes driven by temperature variations. A glider has a certain rate at which, in still air, it will descend to the Earth's surface. This descent rate is determined by its aerodynamic design and its mass. If the air that the glider is travelling through is moving upwards at a rate greater than the descent rate of the glider, the glider will climb. If the air is moving upwards at a lower rate, the glider will descend. This is well known and there is no perpetual motion here either - the energy is provided by the Sun which heats the ground. The heating of the ground and the air above it varies with the type of ground: a ploughed field of dark soil will warm the air above it more than a forest will, for example, because it will absorb more heat from the Sun and thus be warmer than surrounding land.

None of this is hocus-pocus perpetual motion. It's simple school boy science that is well understood and has been for many years.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Feliks

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:27
Feliks wrote:
gruntguru wrote:

The buoyancy glider includes a battery pack. It changes its buoyancy by inflating / deflating a buoyancy device. It controls pitch and roll by moving an internal mass to change the centre of gravity of the vehicle.

So it's not perpetual motion at all - it makes use of stored electrical energy to effect the required change of buoyancy. No electrical energy to change the buoyancy, no movement once it hits the surface or the bottom of the sea (depending on its relative buoyancy at the moment that the electrical energy is depleted).

An atmospheric glider works by making use of the rising air mass caused by buoyancy changes driven by temperature variations. A glider has a certain rate at which, in still air, it will descend to the Earth's surface. This descent rate is determined by its aerodynamic design and its mass. If the air that the glider is travelling through is moving upwards at a rate greater than the descent rate of the glider, the glider will climb. If the air is moving upwards at a lower rate, the glider will descend. This is well known and there is no perpetual motion here either - the energy is provided by the Sun which heats the ground. The heating of the ground and the air above it varies with the type of ground: a ploughed field of dark soil will warm the air above it more than a forest will, for example, because it will absorb more heat from the Sun and thus be warmer than surrounding land.

None of this is hocus-pocus perpetual motion. It's simple school boy science that is well understood and has been for many years.
"So it's not perpetual motion at all - it makes use of stored electrical energy to effect the required change of buoyancy. No electrical energy to change the buoyancy, no movement once it hits the surface or the bottom of the sea (depending on its relative buoyancy at the moment that the electrical energy is depleted)."

Well, you pretend that you did not notice that this tremendous electric energy, I will produce the propeller at the front of the vehicle proposed by me, and this is my invention, which in this application will cause that it will be a perpetual motion and will always move in this ocean replenish the energy from this fan .. Don't try to change the subject to other gliders !

"None of this is hocus-pocus perpetual motion. It's simple school boy science that is well understood and has been for many years."
Yes, this teaching of mine is not new for boys who use only the genital instead of the brain, and for men, the tracks use the brain ... :lol:

nzjrs

Feliks wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 11:23
Well, you pretend that you did not notice that this tremendous electric energy, I will produce the propeller at the front of the vehicle proposed by me, and this is my invention, which in this application will cause that it will be a perpetual motion and will always move in this ocean replenish the energy from this fan .. Don't try to change the subject to other gliders !
Its hard to follow this thread because I'm not sure when some posters are being facetious or sarcastic, serious or joking.

Please humor me, are you saying the underwater gliders are perpetual motion machines, and you have invented a new kind of perpetual motion glider?

Follow-up question: how do you define a 'perpetual motion machine'?

Follow-up follow-up question: by this definition are any of your other inventions perpetual motion machines?

(I'm seriously asking by the way)

Just_a_fan

Feliks wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... /Me163.jpg

"None of this is hocus-pocus perpetual motion. It's simple school boy science that is well understood and has been for many years."
Yes, this teaching of mine is not new for boys who use only the genital instead of the brain, and for men, the tracks use the brain ... :lol:

That propeller is driven by the airflow and is used to generate electricity for onboard systems (with a battery backup). The energy is taken from the airflow. When the rocket was firing, the rocket provided the energy to maintain the airflow. Once the rocket stopped firing, the aircraft would have a very brief period of flight where it could climb a bit or fly level for a period using the excess speed created by the very energetic rocket. But once the speed dropped to certain point, the aircraft became a glider that was always descending - exchanging height for speed (or to be technical, using gravitational potential energy to balance the drag caused by its moving through the air). At no point was that propeller being used to drive the aircraft through the air.

Again, it was not a perpetual motion machine.

Why do you you refuse to accept that you can not have perpetual motion - energy is lost to friction (in mechanical systems within the device, through drag between the device and its environment, and in conversion of energy e.g. in a transformer or an inverter).

Even "friction free" bearings using magnetic fields etc., aren't free from losses. The losses are much smaller but they're still there.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Feliks

nzjrs wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 11:34
Feliks wrote:
Its hard to follow this thread because I'm not sure when some posters are being facetious or sarcastic, serious or joking.

Please humor me, are you saying the underwater gliders are perpetual motion machines, and you have invented a new kind of perpetual motion glider?

Follow-up question: how do you define a 'perpetual motion machine'?

Follow-up follow-up question: by this definition are any of your other inventions perpetual motion machines?

(I'm seriously asking by the way)
Thanks for the serious question. Here you have the definition of this Moble Perpetum .. Only you probably need to change a little text about the possible action. Because neither the underwater glider or my aerodynamic ideas have anything to do with "Termo", as he writes there .. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

It's good that you start to think for yourself and you will be able to distinguish between what is serious and what is sarcasm .. I help you to recognize this as much as I can .. 8)

nzjrs

Feliks wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 11:50

Thanks for the serious question. Here you have the definition of this Moble Perpetum .. Only you probably need to change a little text about the possible action. Because neither the underwater glider or my aerodynamic ideas have anything to do with "Termo", as he writes there .. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

It's good that you start to think for yourself and you will be able to distinguish between what is serious and what is sarcasm .. I help you to recognize this as much as I can .. 8)

Are you messing with me? The word "Termo" does not appear in that page. Did you mean the (laws of) thermodynamics?

Tommy Cookers

Feliks wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:18
Tommy Cookers wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 09:46
Feliks wrote:
afaik ....
:lol: :lol:
... you understand little .. "this is work done by the glider that increases the potential energy of the ocean" Ha, Ha, Ha, And what is the potential energy of the ocean ??? . I am the first one to hear about such ... :lol: :lol:
And how then it reduces buoyancy, it reduces these energies? and it goes to zero .. Ha, Ha. Somehow you didn't notice that then I do shrink .. .. Ha, Ha, Ha ..
the potential energy of the ocean is due to the gravitational attraction ie it depends on the height of the ocean

eg a glider-submarine's displacement is increased by 1 cubic metre to make it rise due to the 1 ton buoyancy created
... this makes the entire ocean above the submarine rise (by maybe 0.000000000000001 m)
the mechanical work to increase the displacement has added potential energy to the 'above' portion of the ocean

as the sub glides quickly forward and slowly upward the 'above' ocean is slowly lowered
ie some of that ocean potential energy is transferred by the rising foil action into driving the sub
when eventually the sub surfaces the ocean has returned to its original level