2021 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps, Aug 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
subcritical71

Re: 2021 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps, Aug 27 - 29

maxxer wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:01
Who will have Christian pay for that damage ?
Better yet, who should pay the others teams for lost track time due to the red flag cutting the session short (since you can’t test anymore)… :roll: <— said with a heaping amount of sarcasm

cplchanb
cplchanb

Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 22:01
godlameroso wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:22
Artur Craft wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:14

MSC also had some atrocious taste for clothing. I have already seen him dressed up on stuff you wouldn´t believe...
That's just your way of expressing yourself, that is the unconscious drives you feel inside of you, thus no matter the form it has to be respected because it is pure. No different than passionate Japanese fans with car hats. :D
Hamilton has an excuse for it, he is trying t sell that cra.. Erm, Merchandise, to anyone stupi... Erm, requiring it.

PS godlameroso, we know you are a troublemaker and suspect why you say that :mrgreen:
when you are a 7X WDC you have earned the right to dress whatever you want. GOAT DGAF

BassVirolla

RZS10 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:40
mediocre drivers getting caught out by the track conditions is what happened (it started to rain)
Six in a row getting off track or spinning... I would like to doubt that's only related to skills.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:04
Hope everyone is having a good Friday, what's the weekend looking like after Friday practice? Currently at carfest south.
Carfest? We went to the first one. Great time had by all. 8)

For the weekend, we are clay shooting on Sunday morning and having Sunday lunch in the local. Will watch the "highlights" in the evening unless I can find a stream to watch on my phone. Will try to watch qualifying tomorrow but yeah, whatever.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

cplchanb wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:07
Big Tea wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

That's just your way of expressing yourself, that is the unconscious drives you feel inside of you, thus no matter the form it has to be respected because it is pure. No different than passionate Japanese fans with car hats. :D
Hamilton has an excuse for it, he is trying t sell that cra.. Erm, Merchandise, to anyone stupi... Erm, requiring it.

PS godlameroso, we know you are a troublemaker and suspect why you say that :mrgreen:
when you are a 7X WDC you have earned the right to dress whatever you want. GOAT DGAF
So is Naomi Campbell signed up for Formula W? :mrgreen:

He has every right to dress just as he wants, but anyone else has the same right to have an opinion on it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

jjn9128

What about 90s style helmet cam?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Jolle
Jolle

jjn9128 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:41

Of course 1994 is also famous for not having eau rouge. (And seeing the accidents from today and two years ago, I think it might be time to say goodbye once again)

maxxer
maxxer

subcritical71 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 22:13
maxxer wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 16:01
Who will have Christian pay for that damage ?
Better yet, who should pay the others teams for lost track time due to the red flag cutting the session short (since you can’t test anymore)… :roll: <— said with a heaping amount of sarcasm
:D Lol true also

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Not sure what it was of the era, but the cinematography was a lot better from the mid ‘80s up into the ‘90s.

I think I’m being objective when I say that too.

maxxer
maxxer

Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:33
cplchanb wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:07
Big Tea wrote:

So is Naomi Campbell signed up for Formula W? :mrgreen:

He has every right to dress just as he wants, but anyone else has the same right to have an opinion on it
As a dutch i would be ashamed right now to wear orange

RZS10

BassVirolla wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:11
RZS10 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:40
mediocre drivers getting caught out by the track conditions is what happened (it started to rain)
Six in a row getting off track or spinning... I would like to doubt that's only related to skills.
They were all just surprised by the rain or did not account for it going into that corner, three lost the car in the exact same fashion and a total of 6 or so had to lose control of their car until those further back realized what was happening - it's that simple.

godlameroso

Big Tea wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:14

MSC also had some atrocious taste for clothing. I have already seen him dressed up on stuff you wouldn´t believe...

It's not because they cancelled Suzuka, although it does sting a bit, I was simply saying if you express yourself as you are then you have my respect. It's not an easy thing to do, now that that's out of the way, can we just enjoy the race weekend without drama off track? I promise to be a good middle age guy.
Saishū kōnā

JordanMugen

Artur Craft wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 21:11
BanMeToo wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 17:48
Hoffman900 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 17:42
That and frame rate. DOF is a lot of it. The F1 production likes everything zoomed in more, from the t wing, to even trackside.

It kills the sense of speed.
The reason I hate F1's shoulder cam
Shoulder cams from past F1 gave huge speed sensation, though. A classical example is Senna qualifying lap at Jerez, it looks much faster and on the edge than today´s shoulder camera shots
The modern shoulder cams are very well stabilised (I don't know if it's optical, gyro or digital stabilisation, or all of the above), the older ones were not stabilised as well. :)

A wider field of view for onboard cams could certainly be an option -- it makes it seem like the driver is going faster.

JordanMugen

politburo wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 10:21
djones wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 00:24
Love this track.

Can’t see anything beyond a dominant Mercedes win though. Now their aero errors look to be fixed and they don’t need to run a huge rear wing, we will see business as normal on the straights with their superior engine.
I agree, comfortable win for Hamilton unless they somehow bottle it. They are very likely favorites on paper. The past 2 races have reminded me of the kind of domination they had over Verstappen in 2020, ideally 3 or 4 tenths gap in qualifying everytime. So my podium prediction Hamilton-Verstappen-Alonso podium, because Renault/Alpine have often done well at this track in the 2019+ era of these hybrid F1 cars. Or perhaps Hamilton-Verstappen-Norris given the good high-speed cornering of the McLaren.
Mercedes engine is superior to Honda? Since when...

That doesn't sound right at all. By all indications, the two power units are still very equal.

politburo
politburo

Jolle wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:57
jjn9128 wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 23:41

Of course 1994 is also famous for not having eau rouge. (And seeing the accidents from today and two years ago, I think it might be time to say goodbye once again)
I'm quite sure that they'll exhaust all other possible solutions as there are plenty. It is important to not act upon emotion so drastically, especially if such emotion is as strong as that of shock or horror. The biggest issue with the eau rouge-raidillon section is that cars that lose traction end up crashing and rebounding off the barrier and onto the track because it is so close the track, and cars stopping o the track whilst others approach is the most dangerous situation in motorsport. This is sadly what happened in the Hubert crash and the Aitken crash. Another case is this W series where drivers go off the track ad others follow straight on with little deterrence/deceleration even in a full spin. Thus, a good change would be to remove/reprofile the tarmac run-off and to extend the runoff area on the outside of the corner exit- the issue is that there is a slope right behind the fan section after the barrier and a house, but if they put their minds to it they could find solutions for slope stability. In the Spa 24h there were quite scary accidents at the bus stop when the weather changed suddenly and drivers were on slicks. But there is a lot of run-off to the side and beyond the first part of the chicane. But there are other solutions ofcourse.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"