2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

Re: 2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Interesting grid for British GP

etusch

Only Pol is at surprising place. MM look improving ( Honda bike also improving, I think engineers just needed a bit feedback from MM to address small things )

Cuky

Aleix on Aprilia is surprising for me. Next to so many Ducatis I did not expect Aprilia to be in 2nd row.

etusch

Cuky wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 18:32
Aleix on Aprilia is surprising for me. Next to so many Ducatis I did not expect Aprilia to be in 2nd row.
Aren't they already show good performances at last race at Q sessions ?

xaero

Honda is improving gradually and it also seems by end of this season MM will also be almost back at his full potential.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

rscsr

etusch wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 18:38
Cuky wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 18:32
Aren't they already show good performances at last race at Q sessions ?
He is pretty much where they have been all year. He typically starts from 3rd row, but I think he already had 2 2nd rows this year.

Cuky

I just checked the results and I couldn't believe how it just went out of my head that he is regularly inside top 10 in qualifying. :o

Lin Jarvis has confirmed they have a verbal agreement with Dovizioso to ride on Petronas Yamaha from Misano onwards, while Franco Morbidelli will graduate to Monster Energy Yamaha.

NathanOlder

What an absolute moron Marc Marquez. Always too aggressive and doing --- like that is ridiculous.

Good to see the brothers fighting for 1st. Although 3 sets of brothers on the grid, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

Finally Aprilia got their first podium with Aleix Espargaro in 3rd.

etusch

etusch

Cuky

And even that is now considered "old news". Now I think most, if not all, bikes have the ability to lower the rear end while riding which they then use on the exit of corners. Most obvious to see that was in Styrian and Austrian GPs when exiting the final corner as camera was placed perfectly sideways. You could see them squatting down just before riders would open up the throttle.

Also, today in Misano

etusch

Cuky wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 20:32
And even that is now considered "old news". Now I think most, if not all, bikes have the ability to lower the rear end while riding which they then use on the exit of corners. Most obvious to see that was in Styrian and Austrian GPs when exiting the final corner as camera was placed perfectly sideways. You could see them squatting down just before riders would open up the throttle.

Also, today in Misano
Do you know it ? Are riders acitivate it manuelly during racing or bike makes it automatically ?

Cuky

But these rear ride height devices weren’t just helping the riders avoid wheelies during the race start. According to anyone that’s used them, they’re a big benefit during any ‘wheelie phase’, which is any time you’re accelerating hard in a low gear. That’s why you’ll often see the rear of a MotoGP bike squat very deliberately on corner exit. The rider simply presses a button and a mechanical or hydraulic system allows the rear to squat, lowing the centre of gravity. Any additional mechanical grip is also extremely welcome in racing. This means less electronic intervention and, ultimately, a faster lap time. That’s lovely.
https://www.44teeth.com/motogp-rear-rid ... explained/

It has to be manual because otherwise it would probably be considered as a rider aid and not many of them are allowed.

And here is a great view of Joan Mir using it at the exit of last corner in Austria

And here's an example from Qatar with Yamaha and Ducati when exiting the last corner

Andres125sx

It´s manual, at least Mir said when Suzuki introduced it he was constantly pushing the button