Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

Re: Caption Competition

He pulled off the circuit onto the run off to check on him, it’s different if he was on the track.
"In downforce we trust"

Marty_Y

djos wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 10:37
He pulled off the circuit onto the run off to check on him, it’s different if he was on the track.
Agreed, plus I think by the time he did it he had been informed over the radio that the session had been red flagged.
Last edited by Marty_Y on 29 Aug 2021, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

I think it was great what Seb did! He always takes care of other people! 👍
The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 12:33
I think it was great what Seb did! He always takes care of other people! 👍
Yeah when you see this kind of action, it makes it so hard to believe he did what he did in Baku those years ago.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

Right or wrong, he gets kudos from me for it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

El Scorchio

Big Tea wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 13:16
It’s the right thing to do seen as there were no marshals there. Lando could have been seriously hurt and Vettel would have been first on the scene to help or at least calm him down.

Vettel has matured more than any driver I’ve ever seen. From an absolute petulant entitled child in his RBR days (somewhat due to leadership) and maybe the start of his Ferrari days, I think he’s flipped it 180 now. Maybe he feels more freedom and less pressure knowing he’s not going for titles. He’s a great elder statesman and ambassador for the sport and using his position to help raise a number of racing and other wider societal issues.

Marty_Y

El Scorchio wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 14:07
Big Tea wrote:
It’s the right thing to do seen as there were no marshals there. Lando could have been seriously hurt and Vettel would have been first on the scene to help or at least calm him down.

Vettel has matured more than any driver I’ve ever seen. From an absolute petulant entitled child in his RBR days (somewhat due to leadership) and maybe the start of his Ferrari days, I think he’s flipped it 180 now. Maybe he feels more freedom and less pressure knowing he’s not going for titles. He’s a great elder statesman and ambassador for the sport and using his position to help raise a number of racing and other wider societal issues.
I agree with all of that, I couldn't stand him when he was younger but I was surprised to find out what a decent guy he is / has become.

I think he's still the representative for the Grand Prix Drivers' Association so it's understandable that he was concerned about the safety of a fellow driver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Pri ... ssociation

adrianjordan

Marty_Y wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 14:16
El Scorchio wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 14:07
Big Tea wrote:

I agree with all of that, I couldn't stand him when he was younger but I was surprised to find out what a decent guy he is / has become.

I think he's still the representative for the Grand Prix Drivers' Association so it's understandable that he was concerned about the safety of a fellow driver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Pri ... ssociation
Agree with everything you've said. I've come to realise that the image he had in his RBR days was probably due to the way RBR manage their drivers, because I get the same impression of Max now, but am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Horner et al and the more extreme of Max's fans however.... Well they are a different story lol.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

djos

Most of his negative image came from the Multi21 incident were he defied team orders and turned his engine up to steal the win from Mark Webber.
"In downforce we trust"

etusch

I don't agree with you. We just need to see him under winning stress and if he still act fair then you are right. It is an easy show to go near of other car in such a situation.

gandharva

DChemTech

"With Extinction Rebellion blocking the main roads to Zandvoort, the organizers opt for a different route"

Big Tea

Are you sure you have used this shortcut to Zandvort before?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djos

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is brilliant!!! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

Zynerji

djos wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 01:42
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is brilliant!!! =D>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: