2021 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort Sept 3 - 5

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2021 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort Sept 3 - 5

Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 12:43
Track could do with being 8-10 seconds longer to avoid the qualli queue problems and lapped traffic, but there is no way they can do that without destroying it
I do not think it is the track, it is the lack of minimum time and overtaking restriction for the out lap. This is an issue that is just stupidly handled by the FIA. They very well lined up in 3-4 sec distances out of the pitlane and in the end someone jumps the line and someone who did everything against this BS is held up.
This was already in Spielberg with Alo and now with Vet and if we look into this thread this was already foreseeable.
Don`t russel the hamster!

NathanOlder

Why don't they extend the run to turn 1 by 400M ? It would add 800m to the lap and help overtaking massively.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dtro
dtro

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 15:47
Why don't they extend the run to turn 1 by 400M ? It would add 800m to the lap and help overtaking massively.
If you mean extending the straight and moving turn one further up the track, I think that's the reason it's called Tarzan, for some farmer that protested them lengthening the circuit and taking up his farm land? Extending DRS so that you can switch it on while on the banking was the original plan and I'm still not sure why they ended up back tracking on that.

Didn't see this track as anything more than another Monaco to be honest, not really surprised by how little overtakes we saw this weekend.

Mogster

NathanOlder wrote:
Extending the main straight in similar fashion to the Hungaroring would seem ideal. Unfortunately to the North the sand dunes are a nature reserve, to the South there’s a housing estate.

PlatinumZealot

NathanOlder wrote:
Won't work. Environmentalist.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GOAT

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 08:49

As for the RB16b and the W12, over the the 13 races we have had, the RB16b has been the best car more often than not! Therefore it means it has been the best car so far this season.
By which logic? :wtf:

Overal the Mercedes team has more points + the points that Red Bull have collected mainly came from Verstappen’ performance.

So, over the 13 races we’ve had so far- Verstappen has been the better driver more often than not! Therefor it means he’ the better driver so far this season.

GOAT

NathanOlder wrote:

Max hasn't been dominant, he's only just retaken the lead in the championship. No one is dominating this season, I thought that was clear to see for everyone.
I guess we could argue that after Spain, Max has dominated all races- except the ones he was taken out by someone/thing else, not?

NathanOlder

GOAT wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:34
NathanOlder wrote:

Max hasn't been dominant, he's only just retaken the lead in the championship. No one is dominating this season, I thought that was clear to see for everyone.
I guess we could argue that after Spain, Max has dominated all races- except the ones he was taken out by someone/thing else, not?
Referring to drivers as a thing now ?

As for dominance, 2020 Mercedes, thats dominance, Vettel 2013, Schumacher 2002, Williams 96/93/92, Mclaren 88 and so on.....

Max and RedBull have been stronger than Lewis and Mercedes this year for sure. But seeing that as dominance is simply wrong. Your previous post says Mercedes have been the best, so you are saying Max has been dominant, but not dominating ? your getting a little mixed up maybe ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

GOAT

ringo wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 22:51

If Lewis turns champion this year, it will be because redbull lost it... I do not see the W12 having the upper hand in any of the races going forward.
So basically you’re saying that without a car that has the ‘upper hand’- like we’ve had past 7 years- it’s unlikely that Hamilton snatches an 8th title?

NathanOlder

GOAT wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:41
ringo wrote:

If Lewis turns champion this year, it will be because redbull lost it... I do not see the W12 having the upper hand in any of the races going forward.
So basically you’re saying that without a car that has the ‘upper hand’- like we’ve had past 7 years- it’s unlikely that Hamilton snatches an 8th title?
You could also say its taken Max all this time until he has a car with the upper hand to lead a championship.

Why can't you just see that they are currently 2 of the best drivers in 2 of the best cars fighting for a championship. You simply can't give Lewis any credit.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

ringo

GOAT wrote:
ringo wrote:

Yes it is not likely to drive the second best car that does not get any upgrades, while the best car continues to get upgrades, to be worod champion.
He did it in 2008 with 2nd best car, but at least those cars were being developed throughout the year.
Now it's harder with a car that will fall behind further for every race.

Max has this in the bag. If he loses this championship.. i wont look at him as highly as I do now.
For Sure!!

ispano6

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:48
GOAT wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:46
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:44

You could also say its taken Max all this time until he has a car with the upper hand to lead a championship.

Why can't you just see that they are currently 2 of the best drivers in 2 of the best cars fighting for a championship. You simply can't give Lewis any credit.

(Saying that means you will now gve Lewis credit, or will be so stubborn you wont :lol: )
Have a look at- I believe- my first post on this website/forum.
So you can't give Lewis any credit right now. Thought so. bye.
You don't seem to give Max any credit either so go figure. Why do you keep ignoring the Baku, Silverstone, and Hungary DNFs?

ispano6

ringo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:49
GOAT wrote:
ringo wrote:

Yes it is not likely to drive the second best car that does not get any upgrades, while the best car continues to get upgrades, to be worod champion.
He did it in 2008 with 2nd best car, but at least those cars were being developed throughout the year.
Now it's harder with a car that will fall behind further for every race.

Max has this in the bag. If he loses this championship.. i wont look at him as highly as I do now.
Even if he gets taken out by others?

NathanOlder

ispano6 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:51
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:48
GOAT wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:46

Have a look at- I believe- my first post on this website/forum.
So you can't give Lewis any credit right now. Thought so. bye.
You don't seem to give Max any credit either so go figure. Why do you keep ignoring the Baku, Silverstone, and Hungary DNFs?
I just said the 2 of them are the best 2 on the grid. But as usual thats not enough is it. you cant have Max as only equal to Lewis. bye
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

PlatinumZealot

GOAT wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 17:34
NathanOlder wrote:

Dude. Leading a bunch of laps and finishing 3 seconds in front is not dominant driving. You need to watch the Schumacher and Vettel Eras to learn what dominance is. These races have been too close to invoke dominance. We know the car is fast. It leads almost 500 laps to Mercedes 100-odd laps. It could be dominant...
One can reasonable argue that it should have been dominating all the races except Portugal and Barcelona.

The reason why that hasn't been the case is obviously the silver team has a decent enough, car, decent engine, solid driver. The strategy is crap though. But also thanks to some bad-luck for Max/RedBull Mercedes is still in the game.

But domination? Nah.
The number of Wins Max has is pretty good. Domination-esque. Seven wins! He can potentially take the wins record for a season, he has the tools to do it. But Mercedes will not take it lying down.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏