Silly season 2021-2022-2023

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Silly season 2021-2022-2023

Another benefit for Williams is Albon's 18"wheel/tire experience. Wasn't Williams the only team not having had a test with those? I could be mistaken though.
Either way, his feedback indeed will be worthwile. Marko also claimed that certain wins by Verstappen were achieved thanks to Albon's simulator work input. So Albon definately has benefit for the team he's working for.

Albon might get the RBR camp some vital experience from the Williams/Mercedes camp, but let's not forget that Williams/Mercedes ALSO are getting vital information from the RBR camp by Albon.

In the case of RBR and Williams having a joint venture in working on an engine that'll become a VAG engine - very much possible - this would be an interesting feature. Albon will have Merc experience, and Honda experience, and looking to a change in the F1 engine formula in the future this will certainly help that project. Also, his experience with the 2020 RedBull, the 2021 RedBull, and the 2022 Williams will also help for the 2023 Williams car and then also feed back to RBR. Albon will find himself suddenly being a very valuable man.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

What if Albon destroys latifi even more thant George did? and keeps putting the williams where it doesnt belong because latifi is putting it lowere than it really does?
What if Latifi destroys Albon?
It may make use question how good Max is vs George.
For Sure!!

Restomaniac

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 21:57
Another benefit for Williams is Albon's 18"wheel/tire experience. Wasn't Williams the only team not having had a test with those? I could be mistaken though.
Either way, his feedback indeed will be worthwile. Marko also claimed that certain wins by Verstappen were achieved thanks to Albon's simulator work input. So Albon definately has benefit for the team he's working for.

Albon might get the RBR camp some vital experience from the Williams/Mercedes camp, but let's not forget that Williams/Mercedes ALSO are getting vital information from the RBR camp by Albon.

In the case of RBR and Williams having a joint venture in working on an engine that'll become a VAG engine - very much possible - this would be an interesting feature. Albon will have Merc experience, and Honda experience, and looking to a change in the F1 engine formula in the future this will certainly help that project. Also, his experience with the 2020 RedBull, the 2021 RedBull, and the 2022 Williams will also help for the 2023 Williams car and then also feed back to RBR. Albon will find himself suddenly being a very valuable man.
I understand the RedBull to Mercedes viewpoint but it’s kind of useless with such a large Spec change. That’s the point here any info Albon has from RedBull goes in the bin and info going the other way will be very useful if he’s still on RedBulls books.

Just_a_fan

ringo wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 23:05
What if Albon destroys latifi even more thant George did? and keeps putting the williams where it doesnt belong because latifi is putting it lowere than it really does?
You really don't like Russell, do you? :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:42
Allright

So this is the current driver lineup for 2022 (Blue changed, Red open):

Mercedes : Hamilton & Russell
RedBull : Verstappen & Perez
Ferrari : LeClerc & Sainz
Mclaren : Norris & Ricciardo
Aston Martin : Vettel & Stroll
Alpha Tauri : Gasly & Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo : Bottas & De Vries (?) / Schumacher (?)
Williams : Latifi & Albon
Haas : Mazepin & Schumacher (?) / Giovanazzi (?)
I take it this is an alternate multi-verse where Alpine got snapped?
Last edited by RedNEO on 09 Sep 2021, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.

langedweil

Isn't the Albon to Williams way bigger than a RB driver in a car with Merc PU, and might it be related to a larger game at PU level as per 2025 ?
Capito was Volkswagen Gruppe not so long ago, and they (Porsche) have joined the new PU-2025 table discussions.
Can't put my finger on it, but this seems bigger than at first sight ..
HuggaWugga !

qatmix

Yes. People are overplaying the RB link to Albon. He knows he will never race for them and he is now a Williams employee, and he will not jeopardise his job by leaking information to Redbull.

There is more value for Williams going forward to exploit his knowledge on both the Honda and merc engines with a eye on being a first party partner with a VW group engine for 2025.

I’m really happy for Albon, this could be the ideal platform for someone of his talent.

RedNEO

Agreed happy to Albon get a proper chance to grow like George did.

BassVirolla

Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 00:41
ringo wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 23:05
You really don't like Russell, do you? :lol:
There are people who would like to see simultaneously both scenarios (Albon destroying Latifi, implying George not so good as Max & destroyed by Latifi, impliying Max not so good as George) to sort of "demonstrate" that there's no driver near to the level of Hamilton.

It's the case of the Schrodinger's GOAT. :lol:
Last edited by BassVirolla on 09 Sep 2021, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

DChemTech

"Schrodingers goat, in a superposition of having/not having eaten your laundry until you gaze through the window"

No wait, its a goat.
Of course it ate your laundry.

NathanOlder

Restomaniac wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 21:36
ThumbsUp wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:10
Restomaniac wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 14:58
Hmm. So he can report back any info on the Mercedes parts and PU. Interesting.

Before anyone says it I know he won’t be technically qualified to make serious reporting but any feedback could be valuable in what is a new set of regs.
The same for Bottas with the Ferrari PU. He also stays connected to The Mercedes family.

The teams are putting drivers at different constructors everywhere. But does it really matter since all the engines will be frozen? Or can they still get more performance with updates upcoming seasons?
It isn’t just the PU. New racing spec series and shared tech between Mercedes and Williams. The info could be priceless.
What about info going the other way ? If Albon is capable of taking technical info in one direction, surely it could go the other way too. He's still well involved with RedBull so he must have something he could take to Williams to help Williams out. It's in his interest to help the team he is racing for so he can look better as he's in the shop window. If he gets caught taking any info to RedBull, surely that lands him and RedBull in a huge amount of trouble.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Ryar

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 09:00
Restomaniac wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 21:36
ThumbsUp wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:10

The same for Bottas with the Ferrari PU. He also stays connected to The Mercedes family.

The teams are putting drivers at different constructors everywhere. But does it really matter since all the engines will be frozen? Or can they still get more performance with updates upcoming seasons?
It isn’t just the PU. New racing spec series and shared tech between Mercedes and Williams. The info could be priceless.
What about info going the other way ? If Albon is capable of taking technical info in one direction, surely it could go the other way too. He's still well involved with RedBull so he must have something he could take to Williams to help Williams out. It's in his interest to help the team he is racing for so he can look better as he's in the shop window. If he gets caught taking any info to RedBull, surely that lands him and RedBull in a huge amount of trouble.
Same was said when Checko moved to Red Bull as part of the hype train. Nothing really has been ground breaking so far. It just proves that, people overhype a driver's understanding of a car and engine's design factors.
Hakuna Matata!

BassVirolla

DChemTech wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 08:54
"Schrodingers goat, in a superposition of having/not having eaten your laundry until you gaze through the window"

No wait, its a goat.
Of course it ate your laundry.
=D> =D> =D>

WaikeCU

Here's a thought:

I think with Albon at Williams, it will just be a matter of time before he'll do things with the Williams like Russell did with it. His confidence will build up and he'll show what a great driver he can be like when he was at STR and the early stages at RB.

I could see that will lead him into the 2nd Merc seat when Lewis decides to call it quits in 1-2 seasons.

NathanOlder

WaikeCU wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 10:16
Here's a thought:

I think with Albon at Williams, it will just be a matter of time before he'll do things with the Williams like Russell did with it. His confidence will build up and he'll show what a great driver he can be like when he was at STR and the early stages at RB.

I could see that will lead him into the 2nd Merc seat when Lewis decides to call it quits in 1-2 seasons.
I'm not so sure about Albon being as good as George. 2 reasons for me are, he was beaten by quite a distance by George in f2, and that was George as a rookie and Albon in his 2nd year. Then also his Toro Rosso days, he had 4 points finishing positions compared to his team mate Kvyat who scored points 6 times , including a podium in the same amount of races as Albon. So I'm not so sure he will impress like George has. He certainly should do better than his RedBull performances. Only time will tell, 1 thing is for sure. I think the next 2 years are very important for both Albon and Latifi. If one of them gets beat both seasons, then it will be very hard to continue in F1 for either.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC