2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

Jester Maroc wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Problems for Nico, he hasnt done a single lap and now he is out of the car.
Well, at least he is getting a bit of bad luck. With the amount that has been coming the way of LH its only logical to assume Nico needs to get some as well.
He needs to get team orders as well right?
Vasconia wrote: Well, last weekend with the rear suspension´s rupture and the penalty was good either. But its FP2 so its not that bad.
And brakes failure. Team orders in Monaco, crash in Spain. Punctures and fuel problem directly connected to going off track in Canada and above mentioned punctures (target position) . BTW if someone is quicker and better it's not bad lack, crashes, poor starts and poor pace aren't either.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Vasconia wrote:
Jester Maroc wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Problems for Nico, he hasnt done a single lap and now he is out of the car.
Well, at least he is getting a bit of bad luck. With the amount that has been coming the way of LH its only logical to assume Nico needs to get some as well.
Well, last weekend with the rear suspension´s rupture and the penalty was good either. But its FP2 so its not that bad.
I don't think it's bad at all.
It's a well known track that is exactly the same as last year. All that has happened is that the guy who needs to save mileage due to previous failures is doing the miles.
The guy who likes to look at his team mates telemetry on the Friday night to see what he is missing and the guy who has plenty of parts left is sat with his feet up.

I bet Rosberg is gutted (Sarcasm).
Last edited by Restomaniac on 08 Jul 2016, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jester Maroc
Jester Maroc

iotar__ wrote:
Jester Maroc wrote:
He needs to get team orders as well right?
Vasconia wrote: Well, last weekend with the rear suspension´s rupture and the penalty was good either. But its FP2 so its not that bad.
And brakes failure. Team orders in Monaco, crash in Spain. Punctures and fuel problem directly connected to going off track in Canada and above mentioned punctures (target position) . BTW if someone is quicker and better it's not bad lack, crashes, poor starts and poor pace aren't either.
Brakes failure (assuming you mean Austria) was Nico's fault, he didn't manage them properly, not bad luck. Team orders is also not bad luck, it meant he was too slow.
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

notsofast
notsofast

Hey Nico, it's you! Sorry about your problems in FP2, but glad to see that you were able to use the time to join us here on the forum. :D

GPR-A duplicate2

Compared to last year's best time of qualifying, McLaren now are 2 seconds faster in just FP2! Relatively, both Mercedes and Ferrari are just 8 tenths faster to their respective Best times of qualifying of last year.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Interesting observation, from FP2, on the BBC:
It is very interesting looking at the lap times here. Initially in the run, Hamilton is much, much faster than everyone else. He is one or more seconds quicker than everyone else on the soft tyre. As the run goes on he drops off to 1:35-1:37 very quickly whereas the Red Bulls keep up a decent pace in the 1:36s. On average there is only a tenth or two in with Hamilton and Ricciardo and Verstappen. It could potentially be interesting.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:Interesting observation, from FP2, on the BBC:
It is very interesting looking at the lap times here. Initially in the run, Hamilton is much, much faster than everyone else. He is one or more seconds quicker than everyone else on the soft tyre. As the run goes on he drops off to 1:35-1:37 very quickly whereas the Red Bulls keep up a decent pace in the 1:36s. On average there is only a tenth or two in with Hamilton and Ricciardo and Verstappen. It could potentially be interesting.
Assuming Merc can keep the tires in the operating window, they will probably just adjust pace early in the stint to slow the rate of degradation.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Interesting observation, from FP2, on the BBC:
Assuming Merc can keep the tires in the operating window, they will probably just adjust pace early in the stint to slow the rate of degradation.
This is practice. Come qualy and the race expect to see a different picture

TAG

flickerf1 wrote:Does anybody know of any good, free streams? NBCSN isn't broadcasting F1 due to Tour de France's Stage 7. Any response is appreciated. :D
They're on MSNBC but if I recall the channels when I set up the recording they're showing on NBCSN for both qualifying and race.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dans79

TAG wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:Does anybody know of any good, free streams? NBCSN isn't broadcasting F1 due to Tour de France's Stage 7. Any response is appreciated. :D
They're on MSNBC but if I recall the channels when I set up the recording they're showing on NBCSN for both qualifying and race.
If you have NBCSN, you should be able to login to f1 extra and see the stream. http://www.nbcsports.com/live/2016-07-08

fp1 is already up for replay, I assume fp2 won't be far behind it.
197 104 103 7

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

So it sucks to see Kvyat going through such a hard time. I think his days are numbered in F1 which is the way of the game. But seems to me he is doing a lot worse than he was doing at Red Bull now that he is in Toro Rosso. is it possible he just has not been adapt to the car's much less performance compared to the Red Bull? I mean he's missing his braking and spinning and crashing all over the place!

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

digitalrurouni wrote:So it sucks to see Kvyat going through such a hard time. I think his days are numbered in F1 which is the way of the game. But seems to me he is doing a lot worse than he was doing at Red Bull now that he is in Toro Rosso. is it possible he just has not been adapt to the car's much less performance compared to the Red Bull? I mean he's missing his braking and spinning and crashing all over the place!
Marko hints Toro Rosso to keep Kvyat for 2017 wrote:As for Kvyat's chances of keeping that seat for 2017, Marko indicated it is possible. "We want Toro Rosso to fight for fourth of fifth in the constructors' championship, and that is only possible with two good drivers," he said. "We do not want a new driver just because he is new. We want a new driver if he has the potential in our eyes to win races. And at this time, I do not see someone else. So maybe this lineup will stay as it is now," added Marko. (GMM)

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Jolle
Jolle

ChrisDanger wrote:
digitalrurouni wrote:So it sucks to see Kvyat going through such a hard time. I think his days are numbered in F1 which is the way of the game. But seems to me he is doing a lot worse than he was doing at Red Bull now that he is in Toro Rosso. is it possible he just has not been adapt to the car's much less performance compared to the Red Bull? I mean he's missing his braking and spinning and crashing all over the place!
Marko hints Toro Rosso to keep Kvyat for 2017 wrote:As for Kvyat's chances of keeping that seat for 2017, Marko indicated it is possible. "We want Toro Rosso to fight for fourth of fifth in the constructors' championship, and that is only possible with two good drivers," he said. "We do not want a new driver just because he is new. We want a new driver if he has the potential in our eyes to win races. And at this time, I do not see someone else. So maybe this lineup will stay as it is now," added Marko. (GMM)
What would you say when you still have half a season to go with a driver who is fast but lacks confidence? "I think he's not here in 2017" and he wouldn't be even able to drive in a straight line. Kvyat really needs to find a new seat.

ringo

Hamilton using a lot of tyres there.
For Sure!!