Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

WhiteBlue wrote:Williams have rejected the Renault rumors. The new team can use Renault or Cosworth IMO. Lets wait and see what they will do. It will be a good indication how the market is developing.
Rumors have it that Wimmials are now looking at a engine supplied by Porsche according to F1 Raging magazine. There is dischord between Williams and Cosworth as williams have made a strong car, its just a poor engine that suffers from major performance drop-off with increased milage. Cosworth have seemingly are or have requested to the FIA to have engine "upgrades" but theese will take some time to get on the engines.

Whit this, Lotus are also looking at their engine supply as well, but this is is unconfirmed at current.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:Rumors have it that Wimmials are now looking at a engine supplied by Porsche according to F1 Raging magazine.
I believe it when I see it. Speculations are cheap when you have to fill pages. Sure, Williams can have a Porsche engine. They design and manufacture them for everyone who has the money. McLaren and Harley Davidson are examples. But I doubt Williams has anywhere near the cash that is needed to get a Porsche engine. The last thing Porsche will do is a V8 F1 engine for free.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-140142.html
Sir Frank Williams admitted at Silverstone that his team's lack of results recently is "embarrassing", and rumours suggest the feelers are out for a future partnership with Volkswagen.

"In the long term, the best model for an independent team is to form a partnership with an automotive manufacturer who supply the engines and a bit of sponsorship and we go racing," said Parr."I think that is ultimately what we want again one day,"
The FOM said that from now on new teams would have to make a deposit of 19million pounds again. That is a significant change.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I think they have commited to Cosworth for next year?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/07/ ... eam-lotus/

Lotus-Renault for 2011 is more than speculation now, a deal is ints advanced stages. Also Fernandes is in talks to get the Team Louts name, and associated assets, whitch will lead to regeneration of the old Lotus HQ, whitch may ultimatly lead to him purcahce Lotus from Proton as well to become the propper Ferarri rival from the UK again.

Williams will stay with Cosworth till 2012, as i belive they will use VW power using the Audi brand name in 2013.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:whitch will lead to regeneration of the old Lotus HQ, whitch may ultimatly lead to him purcahce Lotus from Proton as well to become the propper Ferarri rival from the UK again.
There will obviously be multiple green Ferraris in some years. The Ronster will go for it with the orange carbon toy. :P

ecapox

Is there really anyone that can put in a bid and, if accepted, build a car that is worth a dam in...ummm...8 months?

Pup
Pup

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 826793.stm

I honesty thought this was a wind-up!

Briatore and Symonds as well. 1 has-been and 2 cheats - should fit in nicely! :lol:

WhiteBlue

I think that Jacques is much too smart to trust Briatore and I would doubt the story of his involvement. On the other hand this is the second team that is build around Jacques Villeneuve and it will most likely not have the resources of the first. So why should it be more successful than the first attempt? IMO Jacques had his swan song in F1 with Sauber and BMW and will not return unless a miracle happens. I'm sure his many fans would love to see him come back just as much as the Schumacher fans cheered Michael's come back, but for the come back to happen Villeneuve would have to have found an extremely strong funding source and some top technical/managerial talent on the level of Brawn. Symmonds would fit that bill but his reputation is destroyed and he cannot officially manage the tam next year. If companies like Prodrive and ART can't put it together economically I don't think Jacques Villeneuve can. But surprises happen.

Dukeage
Dukeage

If Jacques submits an application making it clear he wants to employ Flav, he won't get the entry. The FIA - quite rightly - don't want Flav in F1.

marcush.
marcush.

to be still in the frame for the spot does imply Jaques has substantial finance+ a facility ,otherwise he would have been thrown out....

the rumours of the company bing in GreatBritain would hint at Leafield /ex Arrows /SA facility = Formtech so maybe even some Brawn expertise may be found there.... not the worst of ideas in my opinion.

Or what about Villeneuve having intensified his talks with the Toyota guys after realising Stefan was a fake? He was there did surely see everything when doing seat fittings ...that is a top notch F1 development base... I im quite sure Jaque was triggered by this into starting his own thing...and with these guys chances are the first year is a lot different to Virgin /HRT or Lotus..

His application seems to be in cooperation with Team Durango and the team base would be italy...

Dukeage
Dukeage

It could either be Leafield, or perhaps it could be with Lola.

Pandamasque

JV's entry is that of Dunrango. It has been confirmed.

I don't expect anyone of the entrants even remotely sane associating themselves with Flavio Briatore. They may as well withdraw their entry.

WhiteBlue

Pandamasque wrote:JV's entry is that of Dunrango. It has been confirmed.

I don't expect anyone of the entrants even remotely sane associating themselves with Flavio Briatore. They may as well withdraw their entry.
+1

Except Bernie of course. He is set for a big fight with FOTA and the FiA for something like $350 mil annualy soon. He might as well take Briatore on board his business to have something to give away.