Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

jddh1

Re: Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

well fine, but do they change the point system yet again now, considering that the initial change was justified by the "fact" that three more teams was joining.

jddh1

Glad to officially see Sauber in there though. Although not sure BMW should be still included.

gridwalker
gridwalker

So long as Coughlan is associated with Stefan GP, they'll never have a chance.

He's up there with Flav on the FIA Persona Non Grata list ...

USF1 never seemed to be credible : all talk and no hardware.

This situation doesn't surprise me in the least. The new teams always seemed to be getting selected on the basis of who would generate maximum publicity, just to keep the FOTA teams on their toes.

Let's see : The team who brought Lewis to the brink of F1 (Manor), a team to get the new pro-Alonso spanish fans on side (Campos), a team to attract the eyes of the Yankee market (USF1) and finally a historic team being resurrected (Lotus).

The selection was purely political : I'm just glad that we have a reasonable sized grid after the manufacturer exodus.

Right now, I can't wait for those engines to start.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

some sense from the FIA. They would have been mad to anything else.
Right, let's get on with the championship.....

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's a shame that the previous politics of the last few years resulted in this miserable and confusing mess. Ovbiously, some of the "new" teams weren't fully prepared to participate in Formula One for 2010.

In the long and glorious history of Formula One, many teams have come and gone. That is part of the process, harsh as it appears. There are many teams that showed up, put on pathetic performances, and quickly faded away. But at least, they had some form of team and cars, and made an attempt. But now, this process where teams were selected by the FIA clearly indicates they weren't prepared to make the big jump into the world of Formula One. I just hope the FIA has learned from this lesson, and do everything possible that this kind of embarassment never falls upon Formula One in the future. Talk about bringing disrespect to the sport.....
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

WhiteBlue

Good decision by J. Todt! =D>

Next time there will probably be only one slot but there will also be a much better context for the subscription:
  • no FiA/FOTA war
  • no negotiations over a new concord
  • no need to establish an independent engine supplier
  • experience with the selection to improve the due dilligence
  • tighter resource restrictions for the big teams
So one can be optimistic that the 2011 selection will run much smoother and produce a much stronger candidate than the last selection. This time round the teams will have a large say in the F1 commission and they will not be more inclined to be embarassed than the FiA.

I hope all the teams will pull through the year and find new sponsors as urgently necessary in the case of Sauber.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

The_Man
The_Man

monkeyboy1976 wrote:some sense from the FIA. They would have been mad to anything else.
Right, let's get on with the championship.....
+1

Its going to be the most interesting season opener in ages and that is surprising because is said the same about the season opener last year, and it was true.
IIT Bombay Racing
Vehicle Dynamics FSAE 08; FS 09

astracrazy
astracrazy

im not surprised USF1 are not in there. They seem a waste of time to me, they will have to convince me different.

Stefan GP not in...wrong for me. They can prove they can race from the first GP - they even have the equipment there. In my eyes they are more ready than Cosmos. Lotus has less time to prepare than them and they are testing.

Im convinced Cosmos won't race.

I would like to know the actual reason why Stefan GP aren't in.

'the FIA confirms that it is not possible for a replacement team to be entered for the Championship at this late stage'

considering the position Stefan GP are at, why not?

axle
axle

astracrazy wrote:I would like to know the actual reason why Stefan GP aren't in.

'the FIA confirms that it is not possible for a replacement team to be entered for the Championship at this late stage'

considering the position Stefan GP are at, why not?
HRT should race, though I expect Bahrain to be just a test session...they may not race there, just do some practice.

As for Stefan not being allowed. Although it's a crying shame that the TF110 won't see daylight I'm not surprised as I don't think the FIA really had a choice.

Allowing StefanGP in would have meant pretty much all the FIA's contracts were worthless and could have resulted in the other teams suing for loss of earnings if they scored points etc. To leave them out is, in the long run, a better bet for F1 harmony on the track and in the paddock.

They can still bid to join in 2011...
- Axle

raceman

TBH, I also doubt on Campos' (now HRT) ability to race in Bahrain..... :roll:

anyway, 14th March is not so far away to test the reality 8)

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

I too think its a real shame the Toyota wont see the grid in Bahrain, especially with Villeneuve behind the wheel...

Why is pre-qualifying such a bad idea? Restrict it to the newer teams that way the dreamers wont get anywhere but the real players will rise to the challenge..and the end result is more action for the fans at the event. I dont know if im strange (alot of other aussies will prob think so) but when the F1 action ends i usually go home instead of watching the taxi races (v8 supercars)

astracrazy
astracrazy

axle wrote: HRT should race, though I expect Bahrain to be just a test session...they may not race there, just do some practice.

As for Stefan not being allowed. Although it's a crying shame that the TF110 won't see daylight I'm not surprised as I don't think the FIA really had a choice.

Allowing StefanGP in would have meant pretty much all the FIA's contracts were worthless and could have resulted in the other teams suing for loss of earnings if they scored points etc. To leave them out is, in the long run, a better bet for F1 harmony on the track and in the paddock.

They can still bid to join in 2011...
FIA contract are worthless anyway, Toyota signed the agreement and they pulled out. USF1 signed the agreement and now there not in it.

Your right about the points and earnings though, the teams won't want more teams in else they have to share more of there slice of the pie

Fil

astracrazy wrote:FIA contract are worthless anyway, Toyota signed the agreement and they pulled out. USF1 signed the agreement and now there not in it.
Add to that, their procedures, that they claim need to be protected, are applied inconsistently too - Sauber received an entry with no tender process.

Is that not precedent for FIA being able to award StefanGP a 2010 grid slot?

(I meantioned this in the StefanGP thread, but it probably makes more sense here..)
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

gibells
gibells

Well done to the FIA for making a strong decision. All the decisions Todt has made so far have come from an unbiased, noteworthy position. I was one of his doubters, fearing he would collapsed under the strain of influence by his previous employer, and the White Knight. But I have been proven wrong. Hats off to you sir. You are doing just what be need you to do for racing.

In my opinion this decision paves the way for a decent team to be added to the line up for 2011. Something like Prodrive or Lola, or at least someone who is presently running a racing operation in another class.