2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
27 May 2023, 18:18
Maybe it was just me seeing things, but Adrian looked teary eyed, like he was going to cry, after Perez crashed...
:lol: :lol:

Sieper

Got caught out, this corner is super tough if your tires aren’t yet warm enough, and then he also caught a little slipstream (plus distraction) from an alpine and then he was just in too hot.

mendis
mendis

Sieper wrote:
27 May 2023, 19:52
Got caught out, this corner is super tough if your tires aren’t yet warm enough, and then he also caught a little slipstream (plus distraction) from an alpine and then he was just in too hot.
The way he crashed, seems like gear box is going for garbage dump.

TNTHead

Sieper wrote:
That was a costly mistake and to my eye unnecessary so early in the session. Some similarities with Australia on cold tyres?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TNTHead wrote:
27 May 2023, 21:12
Sieper wrote:
That was a costly mistake and to my eye unnecessary so early in the session. Some similarities with Australia on cold tyres?
It was apparent from free practice that 1 outlap was not enough for RB to get heat into the tires to start a push lap and they were vulnerable in T1 as a result. There's a replay on the previous page of Checo sliding through there, and many times both of them struggled there. Max said as much during the qualy interview, that he was "cautious" in T1.

organic

Not a bad lap from Max there

Shame about everyone seeing the floor but if it's only once or twice a year that's not terrible :D

Artur Craft

AR3-GP wrote:
27 May 2023, 18:18
Maybe it was just me seeing things, but Adrian looked teary eyed, like he was going to cry, after Perez crashed...
I had the impression he was really unconfortable with it.

DGP123
DGP123

A bit of hay fever, that’s all

Chuckjr

The RB floor makes the Merc floor look rudimentary by comparison. It’s downright embarrassing for Merc. It’s like comparing stick people art to photorealistic paintings or space ships to prop planes. Hats off to Newey and the RB team. What an accomplishment. If I was Lewis I’d be packing my bags now. Ain’t no way Merc is catching RB anytime before 2026, and likely still won’t thereafter. Today was an eye opener.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Bill
Bill

Chuckjr wrote:
28 May 2023, 10:17
The RB floor makes the Merc floor look rudimentary by comparison. It’s downright embarrassing for Merc. It’s like comparing stick people art to photorealistic paintings or space ships to prop planes. Hats off to Newey and the RB team. What an accomplishment. If I was Lewis I’d be packing my bags now. Ain’t no way Merc is catching RB anytime before 2026, and likely still won’t thereafter. Today was an eye opener.
Oracle supercomputers

TNTHead

That may well be the case: one of the area's in physics computing which on high rise is a hybrid model where the physics model is feeded by measurement data (we do that for noise studies). And even better parametric modelling based on such a hybrid model. Most probably all teams are doing it (if I remember correctly Merc was outstanding in that regard in their glory years), but to do that first you need to have a thorough understanding of what is going on under the floor before you can implement such optimisation model.

mendis
mendis

Chuckjr wrote:
I agree. What are the odds of Mercedes producing another dominant PU? More so in a budget restricted era? A dominant PU was fundamental for the competitiveness of Mercedes cars. Aston Martin ditching Mercedes doesn't inspire confidence. On the other hand, RBPT is a question mark, but if the competitiveness of their engineers and their infrastructure/tools are as good as the race team, then they might induce a long period of pain on the competition from 2026.

chrisc90

mendis wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:24
Chuckjr wrote:
I agree. What are the odds of Mercedes producing another dominant PU? More so in a budget restricted era? A dominant PU was fundamental for the competitiveness of Mercedes cars. Aston Martin ditching Mercedes doesn't inspire confidence. On the other hand, RBPT is a question mark, but if the competitiveness of their engineers and their infrastructure/tools are as good as the race team, then they might induce a long period of pain on the competition from 2026.
I think RBPT took a couple of the good heads from Mercedes. Im not sure how the Honda staff are allocated at the minute, whether the operations (at present) are done by Honda, or RBPT. Chances are, Honda will want their guys back if they are in a 2026 engine development.

mendis
mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:29
mendis wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:
I think RBPT took a couple of the good heads from Mercedes. Im not sure how the Honda staff are allocated at the minute, whether the operations (at present) are done by Honda, or RBPT. Chances are, Honda will want their guys back if they are in a 2026 engine development.
When Honda announced F1 exit, Yamamoto moved out of Honda to form a consulting that is working with RBPT. He obviously would have brought a lot of Honda engineers with him. So there is that strength.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mendis wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:35
chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:29
mendis wrote:
When Honda announced F1 exit, Yamamoto moved out of Honda to form a consulting that is working with RBPT. He obviously would have brought a lot of Honda engineers with him. So there is that strength.
It remains to be seen that those guys don't return "home".