Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pandamasque

Re: Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

WhiteBlue wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:........I don't expect anyone of the entrants even remotely sane associating themselves with Flavio Briatore. They may as well withdraw their entry.
+1

Except Bernie of course....
:)

agip

Bernie Ecclestone braced for loss of 'one or two' Formula One teams
Bernie Ecclestone says he would not be surprised if “one or two” teams on the grid did not make it through to the end of the season, admitting they are “out of their depth” and not giving the sport value for money.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... teams.html

FW17

Will the 13th team be announced before the summer brake

raceman

^^It doesn't seem to be possible as the break is just round the corner!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Hispania and Renault are the two teams being talked about.

The Renault situation is down to the fact they have swolen their R&D team from 2009 to 2010 by arround 20-25% and not take new parts to every GP, also they have been upgrading their CFD facility as well. All their troubles are is making it to the other side of the break, whitch i think they will as they have rumorsof a new title sponsor for 2011 in Mastercard, but the Mastercard deal is being fought over by Sauber.

Hispanias worries are over making it thrugh to Abu Dhabi and into next season as they have now effectivly ditched Chandhok as his sponsor money comes in installments, Yamamottos comes instantly. Hence the reason for him being dropped, the Senna incedent was over dicipline over the rumored forwarding of an offencive email by Senna to Kolles.

My take on things is this; Renault will make it, they will just rob peter to pay paul and make things work somehow. Hispania will soon drop Senna as well as i feel they may want Sennas seat to be taken by Klien as he has some money as well, and Yamamotto will be in for about 75% of the following races, Chandhok will get two more races.

I also think that Hispania may be gone for 2011, i personally think that they will be taken over by Toyota and ran as before, but in diffrent circumstances, basically they way Toyota should have ran for 2010, on a budget of $120million from a budget of $320 million, with Kobiyashai and Nakajimma in the race seats.

madtown77
madtown77

Personally I am wondering if it makes more sense for Epsilon Euskadi to buy Hispania since I am sure they will need personal to run the team at races. Basically all Hispania is since Dallara designed and built the car.

Looks like the FIA might just opt to not select a 13th team for next season...clock is ticking.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Formula SAE: '06, '07, '08, '09

2007 Formula SAE World Champions
2008 Formula SAE at VIR Champions
2009 We switched engines and learned a lot...the hard way

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/30/c ... -team-bid/

Cypher has withdrawn for the 13th entry.

Now its down to 3; Epsilion, Stefan GP and Durango-Villneuve. I dont know when the announcement will be, but its looking like its down to 2 Epsilion and Durango-Villneuve, with Epsilion being the prime entry for the 13th entry.

WhiteBlue

Knowing their background Stefan is a joke. So it probably will be Epsilon for 13th and Villeneuve reserve if they can both post the money.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Dukeage
Dukeage

Unless there's someone else who haven't surfaced yet. Manor/Virgin were a surprise for the selections for this year IIRC. If those three are the only options it's clearly Epsilon and then Durango-JV, not considering Stefan GP.

xpensive
xpensive

After reading that piece in the Telegraph with MrE, I wonder about Williams predicaments, it seems problematic indeed?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Wasn't the new team supposed to be announced this month? So perhaps this weekend or the couple of days after?

And there have been rumours of Epsilon Euskadi merging with HRT. Hopefully not true though as they should keep their Basque/Euskadi essence as well as their own racing heritage.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

xpensive
xpensive

With the disappointing results from this years newcomers, not to mention USF1, it might disencourage other prospects,
realizing how hard it is to start a new team from scrath and be competitive?

Adding next years re-introduced 107% rule, I wonder.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.

I´m not disappointed with them.
compared with Toyota arriving with a huge operation building 2 cars before even starting to compete ,testing for a whole year ..and only bagging 2 or so points in their debut season...it was not really realistic to think they could challenge even the
former so called backmarkers...
We have to see that real backmarkers in the sense of Minardi or Midland did not exist anymore in 2009 ...we got them back now .bring on 107 % and they have to stretch themselves to make the field.

ChrisTipper
ChrisTipper

I just dont see mant new teams atm entering F1, with the way europe is and the lack of sponsors and engines because of the recession, it wont pick up yet.
Engineering student,but still learning alot about Formula One cars and I can Admit that

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Thankfully Epsilon have denied the merge with HRT and seem like the most competent contender. They just need to secure the three year funding and they will be ready to go at 100%. I certainly hope that they live up to their word and deliver the goods.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.