2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ali623
ali623

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

DGP123 wrote:
14 May 2023, 11:17
This was Stroll’s end game from the beginning. Sell to a manufacturer & make a huge profit. Gave his son a shot, but it was never going to work out. Stroll’s will be gone by 26’, or earlier
Are you kidding? Having invested so much time and money in both his son's career and now his Formula 1 team, you think he's going to sell it just as everything is coming together. The guy is a billionaire and massive racing nut, I imagine he cares least about profit from this venture. This is about living out his lifelong dream through Lance.

Andres125sx

selvam_e2002 wrote:
11 May 2023, 15:42
Honda come and go in F1. The history tells us. So I bet AM+Honda will not happen. It could be Mclaren or AT(if AT abandoned by RB)
To be fair, when Honda joined F1 it was a brave, or even reckless move, with huge restrictions on a extremelly complicated PU. But they joined anycase. Not a surprise they struggled so much in first seasons.

But now they have a lot of experience on these PUs, and next ruleset simplifies PUs, so I see no reason for them to keep in F1 when RBR switches to Ford

About the sound of the name... McLaren-Honda sound gorgeous, and we know how it went, so we should ignore the sound of the pairing :roll:

diffuser

ali623 wrote:
14 May 2023, 11:59
DGP123 wrote:
14 May 2023, 11:17
This was Stroll’s end game from the beginning. Sell to a manufacturer & make a huge profit. Gave his son a shot, but it was never going to work out. Stroll’s will be gone by 26’, or earlier
Are you kidding? Having invested so much time and money in both his son's career and now his Formula 1 team, you think he's going to sell it just as everything is coming together. The guy is a billionaire and massive racing nut, I imagine he cares least about profit from this venture. This is about living out his lifelong dream through Lance.
I'm not saying he's gonna sell before he wins it all...Lawrence did say...one reason he bought Racing point was he got it really cheap and he anticipated that CAP would drive team values high.

PlatinumZealot

Lawrence seems like a man that's found his true calling and is in it for the long term. He wants to win and won't sell until a championship is in the halls at Aston Martin even if it means drugging Adrian Newey and cloning his brains to a quantum computer.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 May 2023, 14:44
Lawrence seems like a man that's found his true calling and is in it for the long term. He wants to win and won't sell until a championship is in the halls at Aston Martin even if it means drugging Adrian Newey and cloning his brains to a quantum computer.
He does not have to sell it all, just keep a controlling share and still run the team.
I (for instance) Honda would want to control the technical aspect then he could become team manager with engineers under him who actually direct ops, but he decides who drives etc. I would assume a 48% stake in the team would more than cover his outlay (does Toto have 29% though??? don't know where I got that figure from)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

vorticism

Andres125sx wrote:
16 May 2023, 08:15
selvam_e2002 wrote:
11 May 2023, 15:42
Honda come and go in F1. The history tells us. So I bet AM+Honda will not happen. It could be Mclaren or AT(if AT abandoned by RB)
To be fair, when Honda joined F1 it was a brave, or even reckless move, with huge restrictions on a extremelly complicated PU. But they joined anycase. Not a surprise they struggled so much in first seasons.

But now they have a lot of experience on these PUs, and next ruleset simplifies PUs, so I see no reason for them to keep in F1 when RBR switches to Ford.
It must have been a good learning experience for them because they went from supplying the worst engine to one of the best, although this took six or seven years.
𓄀

Mr.S
Mr.S

He is not leaving. Aston Sales & Share Price bump up is going to be huge when they start winning races & fight for championships. And if they win championships, the upside is huge !

abhi1200
abhi1200

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... -upgrades/
Aston Martin is not planning a major upgrade package for the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix at Imola. Instead, the Formula 1 team relies on small updates. as per website

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

abhi1200 wrote:
16 May 2023, 19:17
Aston Martin is not planning a major upgrade package for the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix at Imola. Instead, the Formula 1 team relies on small updates. as per website
This is starting to become stranger and stranger :?

Car has been plenty quick already, but shouldn't they be getting a move on like Red bull, Mercedes, and Ferrari? Those teams have all brought at least a new floor, and more by Imola.

Zynerji

abhi1200 wrote:
A few small updates could have huge drag implications. If they solve their straight line speed, it's on for the rest of the season!

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

Looks to me more like they're already fully focussed on next year's car and will test 2024 parts later in the season with their budget. If that's true, then RBR might get a challenger next year.

KimiRai
KimiRai

We were trolled all along! :D

Well let them work, Im sure they know what to do like Kimi said.
Last edited by KimiRai on 16 May 2023, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Zynerji wrote:
16 May 2023, 20:11
abhi1200 wrote:
A few small updates could have huge drag implications. If they solve their straight line speed, it's on for the rest of the season!
Imo, they already solved it. They were very competitive on the straights in Miami and Baku,

GoranF1
GoranF1

This new tyre rule will hurt Aston alot.
The rule is written for Ferrari.
Is Max Mosley back?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

continuum16

On the small updates vs. large packages plan; I do wonder if AM spent a larger portion of their 2023 budget on the launch car and sacrificed their development budget a bit for the season.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain