JPM - NOTHING TO LOSE

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DarkSnape

haha i think he don`t like to be number 2 Image

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Look at where JPM has been, and where he is now. It may bring insight into where he wants to go. He has had a successful career so far, and come from being a Champion in CART. He initially signed with Williams when they still appeared to be contenders, then went to Mclaren when the Williams thing didn't bring him the success he wanted. Now, he has been with McLaren for three years, and although a few wins, no title.
JPM still has the skills, but must wonder how long he will go before he will have to retire from F1. Four, five, six years? So the clock is ticking and this proud man wants the title.
He has many loyal fans (myself included) and the skills of a top F1 driver. There has been questions as to his motivation and work ethic, but he appears to be working and trying harder than while in Williams.
So the clock is ticking, and he wants the title. I'm sure that many teams covet him, but the question is where will he go? It has to be a contender, not some team still a few years away from serious contention.
Mclaren? They have to deliver a killer car, and NOW. They have to guarantee him a seat past '06. I don't see that happening. Ferrari? Don't rule that out. Toyota? That's my pick. Renault? That too depends on a guarantee of continuance in F1 for a few more years. BAR/Honda? They will most likely be happy with Reubens and Button for the near future.