JPM - NOTHING TO LOSE

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sisu1618
sisu1618

JPM - NOTHING TO LOSE

I have heard of a quote by JPM, when asked by an interviewer if he was afraid of dying, JPM responded something of the likes of "Whats the worst that can happen? I die, and I'm willing to accept that." Does anyone know of this quote and its exact wording because I would like to use it in a report. Thanks in advance.

sisu1618
sisu1618

Nothing!?!?! You guys don't know what I am talking about?!?!

Steven
Owner

well I for one have not heard of it yet.
Is it recent or some time ago?

I know JPM isn't giving away so much lately.
Yesterday I was wondering where his wife is. She is hardly there while when he was driving for Williams she was always on his side.

manchild
manchild

Tomba wrote:...Yesterday I was wondering where his wife is. She is hardly there while when he was driving for Williams she was always on his side.
They have a kid, about 1.5 years old or so. :)

emburmak
emburmak

i have watched JPM since the mid 90's and i for one hopes he excells this year and proves the doubters wrong.

Wisp
Wisp

Montoya kid

manchild wrote: They have a kid, about 1.5 years old or so. :)
Actually Sebastian is about ten months old :) And both Connie and Sebastian were present at Indianapolis, Spa and at the "Race of Stars" in Cartagena.

Tom

After some of his driving reacently, I wonder what's going through his head.
(Monaco, Turkey, Spa)
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

jgredline

JPM's contract

Does anybody know when JPM'S contract is up with Mclaren?
To finish first, first you must finish.

sisu1618
sisu1618

This comment he made was awhile ago. However, concerning his contract, he has at least a few more years, just signing with Mclaren recently. (last year right?)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Montoya's contract expires end of this season, and he is publicly looking around at other teams. He said he won't wait for Ron Dennis to make a decision.

Juan's contract is up at the end of this season. Mclaren have the right to an "option" in Montoya's contract. That option ended at the end of 2005. Based on all of the uncertainty surrounding Mclaren, JPM, and Kimi, one can see why they did not choose to take it. Mclaren can still make Juan an offer, but so can other teams, this is why he as been quoted as saying he's "looking for a ride". He contractually does not have one for 2007.

ranger
ranger

if JPM stays with Mclaren.He has nothing to lose,if he moves to Renault,i think he will say a wrong choice. :? but where will he go in 2007? 3 teams is possible only..Stays with Mclaren or move to Renault or move to Honda.Whether he stays or move i cant predict.But he has nothing to lose now..because Raikkonen in on his side...maybe
You never know what's going to happen. - Daniel

Scuderia_Russ

I heard on the vine that Raikkonen abandoned future contract talks with McLaren.

DarkSnape

Me to.. i heared that RedBull asked about him.

King of Spades

I heard that he turned down McLaren's offer of $72,000,000 over three years, but I'd ot heard that he'd broken off all negotiations.
3rd year student, reading Aeronautical Engineering to Masters level at Loughborough University, UK.

A proud Maxthon user since 02-Oct-2005

מלך של עלהים