Where will Kubica go?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: Where will Kubica go?

mkw111 wrote:Kubica probably will go to the new teams next year and maybe drive for Ferrari or Mclaren with Lewis Hamilton.
News to me that McLaren and Ferrari are "new"!

However, I agree with what I think you are trying to say. He has the talent for the top teams. If they don't take him, then he'll have a queue of new teams at his door.

Vasco

The big disadvantage for Kubica is his size. He is taller than most drivers, so I think a lot of the top teams will be hesitant to design a car around him instead of their #1 driver.

If Alonso goes to Ferrari then Renault because they need a good driver and they can design the car around his size.

Fil

Alonso & Kubica have similar aggressive turn-in styles, hang out at the circuits together, both like to whine about their teams not putting in enough effort..

sounds like a good match for both!

Plus it gives Renault continuity with a quick driver after Alonso leaves for a Ferrari free of Kimi's contract in 2011.

Brawn - Won't provide to Kubica's WC aspirations as a privateer team with limited funding.
Ferrari - One day.. possibly to rejoin his former Renault teammate in a few years..
McLaren - He's too honest/outspoken for them. It would be Alonso vs McLaren/Lewis all over again!
Toyota - A giant that has to awaken eventually, Kubica could replace Trulli & roll the dice hoping he jumps in at the right time. Glock is like a younger Heidfeld, quick but nothing Kubica couldn't beat.
Williams - See Brawn, plus would be too reluctant to pay his fee.
Others - He rates himself too highly to even glance in their direction.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Mafster

Interesting evaluation fil, ...

i always rated shrek as a top driver, but i dont see much of a possibility for him to drive a ferrari in near future, Nor for Mclaren... (Somebody mentioned his honest guy approach which is absolutely right) so he cant survive among the bunch of cheaters and liers... if only the Japnese TOY cars can get rid of jarno ASAP, and get shrek inn, he can show them way to victories, since i dont see Glock as a winning material.

Ferrari will probably go for Alonso or vettel alongwith Felipe,
[RAN OUT OF INK]

jon-mullen

Fil wrote:Brawn - Won't provide to Kubica's WC aspirations as a privateer team with limited funding.
Are Brawn not doing well enough with what they've got? Last I checked they're very much in contention for both championships....

The BMW's such a dog that I'd think if Kubica weren't accepted to Brawn it would be because his stock's dropped, while Jenson's rated highly these days and Rubens and Ross go way back.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Fil

jon-mullen wrote: Are Brawn not doing well enough with what they've got? Last I checked they're very much in contention for both championships....
It is Honda's car (their multiple windtunnels & multiple paths, their £500m, 9mths of extra development in '09) that is doing so well this year.

I'm only prepared to truly rate Brawn in its current guise on their developments this season (signs don't look favourable thusfar), and next year's challenger. I don't think they'll be any better than fighting for the scraps of the points-paying positions in '10.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).