Where will Kubica go?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
santoni

Where will Kubica go?

Kubica officially on the market...

Kubica on market ref: autosport.com

I rate Kubica as one of the quickest guys on the grid, but I just can't see where he would be able to go next year, or where would suit him.

I would guess he may replace Piquet at Renault or Rosberg at Williams, or of course one of the new teams, Superfund maybe? Any ideas?

sticky667

Re: Where will Kubica go?

I see him going to Renault.

Superfund isn't even on the grid.

santoni

As I understand it Superfund are on stand-by in case there is more space created on the grid next year, so there is a good chance there will be a further new team added to the newbie list since BMW have quit.

modbaraban

BMW might have quit, but they aren't based in Germany. Just like Honda (BrawnGP) aren't based in Japan.

BMW have much more time than Honda had to find a new owner for what is a very well equipped team.

Giblet

Sauber had the best wind tunnel when it was built, so it's still 'theirs, but is Albert2 a BMW box, or a BMW-Sauber box?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

modbaraban

Giblet wrote:Sauber had the best wind tunnel when it was built, so it's still 'theirs, but is Albert2 a BMW box, or a BMW-Sauber box?
If it's a divorse, let Albert speak for himself.
Last edited by modbaraban on 31 Jul 2009, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

tk421

Breaking News!

"F1 Team Albert2" will be competing in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship!
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

gcdugas

modbaraban wrote:
Giblet wrote:Sauber had the best wind tunnel when it was built, so it's still 'theirs, but is Albert2 a BMW box, or a BMW-Sauber box?
If it's a divorse, let Alber speak for himself.

Don't forget Hal also![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1F7d6f ... re=related[/youtube]
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

mkw111

Kubica probably will go to the new teams next year and maybe drive for Ferrari or Mclaren with Lewis Hamilton.

D
D

Eh... how about Brawn?

I would take Kubica over Rubens and young Senna.

Jense + Kubica - that's not a bad pairing in my opinion.
Thank you for reading.

ISLAMATRON

2 totally different driving styles no? they would be pulling against each other in the car development, depending on what each driver desires from the car... actually that also seems true of JB & RB.

vall

RK and FA have similar styles, right? Why not both of them in Renault? Williams or McLaren are also options, but depends on what N.Rosberg decides to do.

astracrazy

Do you really think FB would have him at Renault against Alonso?

Why would Kubica want to ruin his career? And always be 2nd fiddle? besides, Alonso can not cope with another good driver in the team - we have been down that road before!

I think he should go to Mclaren. Isn't Heikki's contract up this year?

ISLAMATRON

HAmilton would stomp him just like he did in 2004 Euro F3, as a rookie.

Kubica should stay where he is and work on making sure the team design the car around his needs. Other than that is ope Rosberg leaves Williams and take his seat as number 1.

astracrazy

Of course :)

I just say he should go to Mclaren as i think he will push hamilton harder than Heikki does. Last year Kubica (for a majority of the season) was up at the top. That would have helped Mclaren in the constructors and i think pushed Hamilton alot harder.

Heikki just doesn't do it for me at Mclaren, we dont get a vettel/webber or alonso/hamilton or more last year Kimi/Massa fighting it out. But this thread isn't about that though so dnt matter lol