Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
ds.raikkonen

Re: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

With 700PS, this bull will definitely crack some good lap times around the 'ring. I wonder what exactly is the benefit obtained from the ISR innovation in the gearbox? Shift times? Weight?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

PlatinumZealot

Just_a_fan wrote: Talking of the Reventon, gotta love this image:
That just looks downright nerdy.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

CHT
CHT

ds.raikkonen wrote:With 700PS, this bull will definitely crack some good lap times around the 'ring. I wonder what exactly is the benefit obtained from the ISR innovation in the gearbox? Shift times? Weight?
I think its mainly to gain on weight and size than anything else. AFAIK, the DSG gb in the Veyron is big and heavy.

ds.raikkonen

CHT wrote:I think its mainly to gain on weight and size than anything else. AFAIK, the DSG gb in the Veyron is big and heavy.
The DSG gearbox is heavier than the 'Zeroshift' innovation used in Formula 1, and the shift times are also better, or so they on one of the articles about 'Zeroshift'. Independent shifting rod might refer to the shifting fork which connects the dog teeth in a continuous mesh gearbox.
About the weight thing, I remember JC mentioning the Veyron's gearbox being as light as a bag of flowers :lol:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

CHT
CHT

ds.raikkonen

CHT wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPtj7UR4yI[/youtube]
Err...surely there was something you wrote in that space.

CHT
CHT

CHT
CHT

Great video from inside the factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMToBqnHrkQ

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

In my eyes the Aventador on looks just wins hands down, the Aventador starts to lose out when it comes to things like cornering because it doesn't have the technical assistance that the McLaren has, but that can be took 2 ways, a good thing because the driver is actually driving, and a bad thing because the McLaren can just do it faster in my opinion the Lamborghini is best, but that is coming from a 14 year old..
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

pgfpro

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:So that means 1700kg minimum with oil, fuel and coolants?

Not that impressive. But I guess lightweight was never part of the deal. LIGHTER weight maybe :D

WOW !!!! I had know idea they were that heavy? Is all the weight from the engine and transmission?
building the perfect beast

Nando
Nando

Probably the ugliest Lambo they have ever done. Looks like a 5 year old has designed it.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Nando wrote:Probably the ugliest Lambo they have ever done. Looks like a 5 year old has designed it.
What!? Are you insane? :shock:
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

ds.raikkonen wrote:With 700PS, this bull will definitely crack some good lap times around the 'ring. I wonder what exactly is the benefit obtained from the ISR innovation in the gearbox? Shift times? Weight?
Its a 50 millisecond shift
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Nando
Nando

AlpineF1 wrote:
Nando wrote:Probably the ugliest Lambo they have ever done. Looks like a 5 year old has designed it.
What!? Are you insane? :shock:
Judging by the response i bet you like this one too ;)

I don´t think you can over-design a car more then what the Lamborghini design-department does.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Pup
Pup

I think it's quite nice. That must be one talented five year old.