Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
CHT
CHT

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

What a beauty.

Interesting that they meantion F1 style push rod suspension.

http://www.motorward.com/2011/03/lambor ... -unveiled/

747heavy

Re: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

CHT wrote:What a beauty.

Agreed, good looking car.

However, the MP4-12C shows where supercars need to be going for suspension design from now on. Push rod like this is now "so last year"...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pandamasque

Under VW Lambos seemed a bit too tame and dare I say a little bit dull, although good looking. Actually cold is the word I was looking for. Apart from Murcielago SV and limited edition Reventon that is.
Meanwhile Pagani took Lambo's niche of flamboyant Italian hyper cars. But Hyuauaouara is a step back, IMO. Whereas Aventador has it all. Pagani should be very worried.

CHT
CHT

Just_a_fan wrote:
CHT wrote:What a beauty.

Agreed, good looking car.

However, the MP4-12C shows where supercars need to be going for suspension design from now on. Push rod like this is now "so last year"...
I actually feel that Lambo has just put an premature end to the MP4-12C launch party with this beautiful monster.

Although the cars are targeting at different market segment however I am sure the design and technology DNA that goes into this is going to make its way to the Gallardo. Was it a coincidence that Lambo has choosen the orange shade color for their launch?

At first sight, I do feel that the LP700 does make the MP4-12C design look kinda retro.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

CHT wrote: At first sight, I do feel that the LP700 does make the MP4-12C design look kinda retro.
Tad optimistic, the macca is far more advanced than the Lambo. Im slightly dissapointed by the rear of the car, it doesnt look clean like its predecessor, the Murcielago. Its too fussy, busy even.
Did Donkerwolke pen this car too?
It does retain all the savagery from the front however.

Anyone have any mass figures for the car?
More could have been done.
David Purley

CHT
CHT

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
CHT wrote: At first sight, I do feel that the LP700 does make the MP4-12C design look kinda retro.
Tad optimistic, the macca is far more advanced than the Lambo. Im slightly dissapointed by the rear of the car, it doesnt look clean like its predecessor, the Murcielago. Its too fussy, busy even.
Did Donkerwolke pen this car too?
It does retain all the savagery from the front however.

One of MP4-12C greatest advancement was the monocoque and its light weight design.

And now Lambo came our with a 1 pcs carbon fibre CAGE.

In terms of weight the LP700 is only abut 275kg heavier, but that is with a bigger engine, bigger car, and all the whistle and bells. Power to weight ratio is 444bhp/tonne vs MP4-12C 412bhp/tonne.
Last edited by CHT on 04 Mar 2011, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

The new Lambo is very much an obvious progression of the design started by the Diablo and is a fusion of the Murcielago and the Reventon. I'm amused to see the large side inlets on the Lambo - they're very similar in scale to those on the -12C and I shall be interested to see if the various commentators who 'dissed' the vents on the -12C like them on the Lambo...

I like the new Lambo and I'm glad they're still able to make a big V12 supercar and that it will probably sell well. But other than the carbon chassis (which is very clever) it doesn't "move the game on" much in the segment.

Talking of the Reventon, gotta love this image:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

@CHT

The Lambo chassis is a cracker but the McLaren has one benefit for the marketing boys - it will be easy to engineer a soft top because the chassis is designed to be stiff enough without the roof. The Lambo will probably need to be re-engineered should they want to make a soft top version.

Having said that, whilst I can see the point of a lidless -12C (to compete with the lidless 458, 911 Turbo, R8 V10 etc.), I can't see the point of a lidless big Lambo. A lidless big Lambo just doesn't seem 'right' to me...

747heavy

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:

1575 kg dry weight

according to this article
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

JohnsonsEvilTwin

So that means 1700kg minimum with oil, fuel and coolants?

Not that impressive. But I guess lightweight was never part of the deal. LIGHTER weight maybe :D
David Purley

CHT
CHT

Just_a_fan wrote:@CHT

The Lambo chassis is a cracker but the McLaren has one benefit for the marketing boys - it will be easy to engineer a soft top because the chassis is designed to be stiff enough without the roof. The Lambo will probably need to be re-engineered should they want to make a soft top version.

Having said that, whilst I can see the point of a lidless -12C (to compete with the lidless 458, 911 Turbo, R8 V10 etc.), I can't see the point of a lidless big Lambo. A lidless big Lambo just doesn't seem 'right' to me...
I honestly think the MP4-12C should go through some kinda facelift if they even want to go lidless. It is pretty obvious that the current design of the MP4-12C has been compromised throughout the development process.

I actually think any driver who are sucker for V12 soundtrack will get a lidless LP700. To be driving one with lid down, is will be like sex on the wheel.

CHT
CHT

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:So that means 1700kg minimum with oil, fuel and coolants?

Not that impressive. But I guess lightweight was never part of the deal. LIGHTER weight maybe :D

If you considering the size of the car, a NA 6.5L engine, all wheel drive gearbox and all the whistle and bells in the cabin I think thats an impressive number.

In fact its power to weight ratio is actually better than the MP4-12C. 1300kg dry weight?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ahhh yes but will it take a corner like the MP4 12 C?? :D

In my eyes the Lambo looks better than the Macca, but on Raw data...I see the Mclaren trouncing the lambo round a track.
David Purley

CHT
CHT

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Ahhh yes but will it take a corner like the MP4 12 C?? :D

In my eyes the Lambo looks better than the Macca, but on Raw data...I see the Mclaren trouncing the lambo round a track.

guess it depends if the track is wet or dry..:D

I dont think LP700 is a good comparison for 12C as both car are designed for different purpose. I think the new Gallardo will be a better match.