Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

JordanMugen wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 19:30
Vettel to Red Bull
I highly doubt it. I think the move could be good for Vettel (back in an environment he thrived in + a designer that knows what he needs in a car/capable of building it) but it would outwardly represent a backwards move, i think.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

roon wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 20:18
VER HAM might give Merc their first perfect season. All P1 and P2. What else do they have left to achieve in this sport?
The last time they felt that, they quit F1... hahaha. all those 60 odd years ago.
Does Raikonnen have a chance of moving to whatever team VER is at? Be that RB, Merc, or a third return to Ferrari.
You mean as in a RAI-VER teamup? I don't think RB Merc Ferrari are looking at him anymore, sadly
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Enstone wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 16:34
Now that Paddy is out of Williams, where did you see him for next ?

I think it would be great to see him at Enstone [-o<
The thing is, what is he good at?
Is he someone that a team would want, and what will they do with him.
I suspect that mercedes success may have clouded the effectiveness of Paddy Lowe. It's quite possible he was toxic in the team and they were better off after he left. You never can tell with these things.
He could have left Williams because he made a mess and was asked to leave, or they are a mess and he was not able to make the changes. Or.. he may have possibly engaged in some nefarious dealings there and then was asked to leave.
You never can tell, but overall i don't think he will be very desirable to other teams. His time has passed.
For Sure!!

Jolle
Jolle

ringo wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 23:32
Enstone wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 16:34
Now that Paddy is out of Williams, where did you see him for next ?

I think it would be great to see him at Enstone [-o<
The thing is, what is he good at?
Is he someone that a team would want, and what will they do with him.
I suspect that mercedes success may have clouded the effectiveness of Paddy Lowe. It's quite possible he was toxic in the team and they were better off after he left. You never can tell with these things.
He could have left Williams because he made a mess and was asked to leave, or they are a mess and he was not able to make the changes. Or.. he may have possibly engaged in some nefarious dealings there and then was asked to leave.
You never can tell, but overall i don't think he will be very desirable to other teams. His time has passed.
Lowe has an excellent resume in F1, not just the Mercedes years. To me, from the outside, it looks more that he overstretched his comfort zone at Williams. He seems to be brilliant to implement new technology, not in day to day operations of a team. Bit like you see with lots of companies when the CFO becomes CEO...

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Gasly drove faster (at times) in the Toro Rosso. For how much longer will Red Bull persist with him?

PlatinumZealot

Rumours are Alonso will be in his seat after summer.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Id give Buemi a shot for after the summer break.

Lets see what Williams and Kubica turn out like. Seriously, he is done now after being lapped 3 times and once by Russell. Grosjean and Magnussen are also on the bubble i think.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 20:14
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Phil

Lol. Dream on. Helmut Marko recently said on ORF live television they dont want/need “a politician” in the car. Yeah. Not happening, Alonso.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

roon
roon

Phil wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 01:43
...they dont want/need “a politician” in the car.
Guess that rules out Hamilton as well. Both would be long shots for RB seats. Alonso was discussed moving there back at the end of his last McLaren stint. I recall most saying it was unrealistic. Would be interesting though. Seems like a bad combo for VER.

VER having a good year makes the Merc prospect seem more likely. I would question the appeal of a move to Ferrari considering the RB15 is proving at least similar in performance to the SF90. Unless it's all down to drivers there, and VER could indeed extract more performance from a red car than VET or LEC can.

raymondu999

PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 20:14
Hmmm I’m not sure I buy that.
ESPImperium wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:39
Id give Buemi a shot for after the summer break.
Not sure I would buy that either
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NathanOlder

roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 02:06
Phil wrote:
Guess that rules out Hamilton as well. Both would be long shots for RB seats. Alonso was discussed moving there back at the end of his last McLaren stint. I recall most saying it was unrealistic. Would be interesting though. Seems like a bad combo for VER.

VER having a good year makes the Merc prospect seem more likely. I would question the appeal of a move to Ferrari considering the RB15 is proving at least similar in performance to the SF90. Unless it's all down to drivers there, and VER could indeed extract more performance from a red car than VET or LEC can.
Why the hell would Lewis ever want to go there?
As we're making silly statements, I'll add another....

Rules out Donald Trump then.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle
Jolle

About the Gasley seat, back in 2016 with Kvyat, they had a teenager on a very steep development curve ready to take that seat, so it wasn't just about Kvyat as it was also solving the problem of Verstappen. At this moment RedBull hasn't got a developing talent like that, quite the opposite, for a few years now.

Looks like now, after a rocky start,. other teams their talent programs are taking off, leaving the RdBull well dry. The three RedBull seats should be occupied with drivers who should take over Verstappen's seat when he will or would leave, just like Ric was there with Vettel and Verstappen himself with Ric. Or, they could switch tactics and have an experience driver in the other car, with the main aim to sort tires out on Friday and Saturday.

I still enjoy my own little fantasy to see Kimi there, with Vodka-RedBull advertisement :P

roon
roon

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 09:36
roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 02:06
Phil wrote:

Why the hell would Lewis ever want to go there? As we're making silly statements, I'll add another....
Reference to the AUT race thread. HAM fans were calling him a politician after his response to the quali penalty which was a.publicly-humble veiled slight at a competitor combined with an inappropriate reference to a civil rights icon i.e. something a politician would do.

NathanOlder

:wink: Fair enough 8)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC