Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FW17

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

jericho wrote:If they can develop the car at this rate, i think hongary will be a nice track for the MP4-30. This weekend will be hard due to the long straights, but with a little luck a podium can be done this year!
I think it should be Spa and Monza, low drag and all about outright HP from the engine.

dren

Boullier is talking about half second improvements at a time now, not just tenths. They are finally happy with the reliability side and can push PU output and aero developments. It sounds like there are quite a bit of developments by Barcelona.
Honda!

willmesquita

dren wrote:Boullier is talking about half second improvements at a time now, not just tenths. They are finally happy with the reliability side and can push PU output and aero developments. It sounds like there are quite a bit of developments by Barcelona.
If that 25 HP number is right, we should have a potencial 0,4s gain (25 x 0,016).

It appears AMuS is right.

Let´s hope Macca get into the points.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Avocado
Avocado

Boullier: McLaren-Honda to start 'ramping up' Formula 1 performance
McLaren will begin ramping up performance after showing good reliability in the Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix, according to racing director Eric Boullier.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Really looking forward to seeing the first clean shots of the PU. Any out there yet?

PlatinumZealot

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Blackout

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

F1NAC

Alonso's scratched spare nose

RicME85

I bet Ron hates these back to back fly away races.
Cant have pristine looking cars

bigblue

One opinion and one question :

One race with a double-finish does not prove reliability. Of course it's better than it has been, and presumably less issues were seen and worked-around than previously, but three to four relatively trouble free races would be a better indicator rather than a sample of one !

Who makes the gearbox, Honda or McLaren ? I'm guessing it comes as part of a package with the engine, so Honda ?

PlatinumZealot

Mclaren of course.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

diffuser

My understanding of "The Buldge", is that it causes the air to move faster and therefore a drop in pressure. The upper side's pressure stays the same and therefore creating downforce? Reverse wing in short.

henra
henra

diffuser wrote:My understanding of "The Buldge", is that it causes the air to move faster and therefore a drop in pressure. The upper side's pressure stays the same and therefore creating downforce? Reverse wing in short.
It's not so much about the upper side in that particular case. They accelerate the air over the trailing edge of the neutral FW Center section. This creates a low pressure area and accelerates air underneath that FW section thereby generating low pressure and thus DF.