Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Ferrari F10

why am i seeing #8 used for ita, sing, jap, and korea? #-o

Ok, the bahrain engine is gone to engine heaven. So in the case he does not want to use a 9th engine nor the 8th (which i'm assuming he used 4 times from the chart).
Will he have to use #2 then #3 in that order for the last 2, or he's free to use any of the fresher engines.

Ok lets make this simple.

What options does Alonso have for the last 2 races. A new one sounds like a good option.
Heidfeld is complaining about the drop in power of the sauber engine.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... k-heidfeld
Maybe sauber has the crappy ferrari engines, but alonso's car should have similar problems.
For Sure!!

forty-two

Hmm, interesting article that Ringo, thanks for posting.

I personally wonder if the reason heidfeld is blaming the "loss of power" due to "older engines" is because in order to make them last longer, the team are telling him to turn the wick down a bit.

Thoughts?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

ringo wrote:why am i seeing #8 used for ita, sing, jap, and korea? #-o
It just shows how many engines were used to that point. So engine 8 was first used at Monza, but it wasn't actually used in consequent races.

They have been running most engines for three races, so I don't understand why there should be a problem to run the Monza engine for two more races (three in total).

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Ok, the bahrain engine is gone to engine heaven. So in the case he does not want to use a 9th engine nor the 8th (which i'm assuming he used 4 times from the chart).
Will he have to use #2 then #3 in that order for the last 2, or he's free to use any of the fresher engines.

Ok lets make this simple.

What options does Alonso have for the last 2 races. A new one sounds like a good option.
Heidfeld is complaining about the drop in power of the sauber engine.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... k-heidfeld
Maybe sauber has the crappy ferrari engines, but alonso's car should have similar problems.
Viva F1 only shows when a new engine was introduced. It doesn't show what engine was used at what race.

#8 was introduced at Monza, but hasn't been used since then. It will definititely be used for the last 2 races.

#3 blew up in Malaysia, #2 had a fault in it which they were unable to fix due to the seals put on the engine after they have completed 1 race.

If in doubt, look at the list i posted on the previous page, it shows what engine was used at what races.

ringo

Oh i see.
I guess the trick is which ones to use in free practice 1 & 2, and which one for practice 3. We have no idea how ferrari have been using these units in the different practice sessions.
If an engine fails in practice 3, that's a penalty is it?

Ferrari are managing quite well, as if they never had 2 engine failures.
For Sure!!

Mr Alcatraz

forty-two wrote:Hmm, interesting article that Ringo, thanks for posting.

I personally wonder if the reason heidfeld is blaming the "loss of power" due to "older engines" is because in order to make them last longer, the team are telling him to turn the wick down a bit.

Thoughts?
Nick's Sauber (actualy Pedro's) broke into engine #9 at Spa that was 5 races ago so what he is saying is he has been runing races (probably the last two) with well worn engines that are tired but have not expired . I guess they are going to try to make it to the end without using #10.
Unless it's a money issue they should let the guy have a new engine. It's not like they have a chance to overtake Williams in the WCC
So yes I suspect he is running races with the wick turned down more than they would like to.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

kalinka
kalinka

imightbewrong wrote:
It just shows how many engines were used to that point. So engine 8 was first used at Monza, but it wasn't actually used in consequent races.

They have been running most engines for three races, so I don't understand why there should be a problem to run the Monza engine for two more races (three in total).
Because the Monza engine is the least good to be used in 3 races. Monza puts the highest stress on engines, and Alonso run it 110% I believe to win in Monza. Let's say, the engine used in Monza has the highest probability ( for any team ) to blew during other (2) races.

Agenda_Is_Incorrect
Agenda_Is_Incorrect

kalinka, don't forget that Brazil is said to put less stress on the engines because of the higher altitude :wink:. If that's true it was a smart move from Ferrari, as it will have a regular engine for the last two races.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

Mr Alcatraz

Agenda_Is_Incorrect wrote:kalinka, don't forget that Brazil is said to put less stress on the engines because of the higher altitude :wink:. If that's true it was a smart move from Ferrari, as it will have a regular engine for the last two races.
Fred knows what is jake.
He will know how to get the max out of that rig.
Underestimate him at your own peril.
His judgement in the poceeding mortal combat will be most swift and quite final.

This guy Fred;
He is a rather clever fellow :-"
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

kalinka wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:

Because the Monza engine is the least good to be used in 3 races. Monza puts the highest stress on engines, and Alonso run it 110% I believe to win in Monza. Let's say, the engine used in Monza has the highest probability ( for any team ) to blew during other (2) races.
This is true, but you also have to take into account that Interlagos is easier on the engines because of the altitude, whilst Abu Dhabi is not much of an engine killer.

Francesc
Francesc

New F-duct to the main plane

type056
type056

Francesc wrote:New F-duct to the main plane
[img]http://f.i.uol.com.br/fotografia/2010/1 ... 1.jpeg[img]
it seem there are two different new nose cones.
Last edited by type056 on 04 Nov 2010, 11:58, edited 2 times in total.

wesley123
wesley123

the angle is playing tricks on you mate, Nose cones are homologated and thus cant be changed in season
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

No, he is saying that Francesc did not post pictures of any rear wing as said, Francesc only posted a picture of two front wings.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

raymondu999

wesley123 wrote:the angle is playing tricks on you mate, Nose cones are homologated and thus cant be changed in season
The crash structure is homologated. Whether or not the nose cone is a direct crash structure or there is an underlying crash structure is a different matter
失败者找理由,成功者找方法