2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

godlameroso wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 15:33
I'm pretty sure he's going to win this race, he has unfinished business with Baku, he's not great around Red Bull Ring, but we'll see. He needs to beat Vettel in the next 3 races to get back in the championship.
Baku is the only track that he hasn't won at, I think, so there will be a little extra impetus to win there too (over and above the need to win for the title race).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

So one race day here are some possible strategies..

From f1.com

What’s the best strategy?

Official tyre suppliers Pirelli deem these to be the three fastest possible theoretical strategies for the race:

The quickest:
One-stopper: ultrasofts for 22 laps then a 48-lap stint on softs to the flag.

The second quickest:
One-stopper: ultrasofts for 33 laps then a 37-lap stint on supersofts to the flag.

Third choice (slower):
Two-stopper: two 22-lap stints on ultrasofts and a 26-lap stint on supersofts to the flag.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

godlameroso

Second choice will be best, but I'd do 30/40, that said the pit lane is the shortest on the calendar. I'd say pit when the safety car comes out or lap 30 whichever one is first. A fresh set of super softs can last 3/4 race distance with a little management. The softs can be thrashed but the difference in performance is noticeable, and will only be a good tire after 25 or so laps when the cross-over to the super soft happens.
Saishū kōnā

ringo

Q: When you say you would love to have Mercedes’ qualifying setting…

DR: I don’t really know if today was Mercedes’ or Lewis’ pace as Valtteri (Bottas) was nowhere at Lewis’ pace. He was actually only a few tenths in front of us. I would say that Lewis likes this track. He’s had a lot of success here – and if you like a track you probably can extract one tenth or so. He did an excellent lap, but I am not convinced that they will be able to hold that in the race. I am sure they have to turn it down a bit. They also don’t seem to be so comfortable on tyres as they were last year. Let’s see. I don’t think that it will be so easy for them against Ferrari tomorrow. I feel that we will be closer than what we have seen in qualifying.
For Sure!!

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

godlameroso wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 17:04
Second choice will be best, but I'd do 30/40, that said the pit lane is the shortest on the calendar. I'd say pit when the safety car comes out or lap 30 whichever one is first. A fresh set of super softs can last 3/4 race distance with a little management. The softs can be thrashed but the difference in performance is noticeable, and will only be a good tire after 25 or so laps when the cross-over to the super soft happens.
Or take SS as first stint, if yellow flags happen at least once before lap 15, then go with a fresh US and take the used SS again. 15/43.
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

flynfrog

Just a reminder we are in Chat

http://www.f1technical.net/live/

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Chat is full, apparently.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

DiogoBrand

I missed the part where Brundle was talking about McLaren and Mercedes. Did he mention anything about the commentator on the raft race absolutely destroying McLaren? I did hear him saying something about someone using harsh words.

RZS10

nothing .. delete/ignore
Last edited by RZS10 on 11 Jun 2017, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

piast9
piast9

I just wonder what did Alonso shouted to the crowd when he climbed on the grandstand... Something about Honda?

Mandrake
Mandrake

What a shame about Verstappen clipping Vettel's wing. No way the RedBull would have had a word in the fight for victory :-/ it would have been a mental race Vettel vs. Hamilton

proteus

Great race, Ferraris saved by the tarmac runoff areas.... Perez sunked its own team. No comment for Honda...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Cannonballer
Cannonballer

Alonso's engine curse must be contagious and Verstappen seems to have caught it. At least we can be sure Alonso isn't just parking the car when outside of the point scoring positions...
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

matt_b
matt_b

Great result for the championship, mega weekend for Lewis with the grand slam (pole, win, fastest lap and led every lap)

Raleigh
Raleigh

A good race by Stroll, finally light at the end of the tunnel for Williams. What could have been in Massa didn't get wiped out at the start...