Brazil GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Brazil GP 2008

To me it is just good that Hamilton won, to show that anybody no matter what skin colour can win a Championship at the pinnacle of motorsport. F1 needs some more variation.

Hamilton may be half white (a mulatto), but he is still regarded as black anyways..no body saw him as half white when they were bashing him. Me being a black person, it only made me sad to see all what was happening.. it made me feel that the world is only open to some and not all, no matter how perfect you are.

And that is why I feel good that Hamilton really broke barriers.. half white or not, he looked different.. and he empowered millions.

imagine now that no one will be underestimated just because of skin colour. He reached out more for F1 than any other driver, bad attitude or not.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Ray

Anybody know what this means? Can the FIA shut down a car remotely, or at least disable it/give the driver a cue to get out?

mcdenife
mcdenife

n smikle wrote:
Hamilton may be half white (a mulatto),
The term is "mixed race". Mulato is such a pejorative and demeaning term that it is no longer used, not this century anyway.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Miguel
Miguel

Ray wrote:Anybody know what this means? Can the FIA shut down a car remotely, or at least disable it/give the driver a cue to get out?
Pedro Mtz de la Rosa was raving about seeing the "FIA lock" on the spanish broadcast. You may remember that to avoid the use of the differential and the engine map as an effective TC during the starts, the FIA banned any change to those settings (at least the engine mamp) during the first, I don't know, 30s. "FIA lock" refers to that period.

PS: Am I the only one that got pissed because the best cam for the race was effectively disabled on Turn 1?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Spencifer_Murphy

miguel wrote:PS: Am I the only one that got pissed because the best cam for the race was effectively disabled on Turn 1?
Nope, I was, and I bet whoever pushed to get that camera on the helmet (Helmet-Cam?) was pissed that his "invention" (for F1 at least), got knocked-out after so much (i imagine) lobbying with the FIA to get it there in the first place.

It was a great camrea tho, and I really hope we see it again in the future. Quick point tho:

The camera in the helmet must increase weight, WHY ON EARTH did DC use it at Interlargos of all places?! I know last race n all but surely that would have been a serious pain in the neck (if you'll excuse the pun) seeing as its such a demanding circuit on the neck muscles anyway?!

I guess he's the only guy with a neck built up enuff for that lol :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

timbo
timbo

bar555
bar555

Great links timbo , =D>
thanks a lot
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

MattF1
MattF1

Re: FIA Lock.

If you can remember back to Bahrain, Hamilton's bad start was due to the fact that he didn't change the engine to the start map before the lock came on. When he tried to start, the anti-stall kicked in.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Did it say "FIA O Cock!( #-o )" ?

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL @ Modbaraban. Maybe its a new way to tell the driver that he's under investigation by the race stewards?!

@ timbo...thanks for the links. Never seen a helmetcam (or at least I dont recall seeing it) being used on the live race feed. It's about time, it offers the fans a chance to see what the drivers see's...much better than those rollbar cams in as much as you always hear how bad the visibility is but it always looks better on the rollbar cam...now we can really see what the drivers are talking about.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

timbo
timbo

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:@ timbo...thanks for the links. Never seen a helmetcam (or at least I dont recall seeing it) being used on the live race feed. It's about time, it offers the fans a chance to see what the drivers see's...much better than those rollbar cams in as much as you always hear how bad the visibility is but it always looks better on the rollbar cam...now we can really see what the drivers are talking about.
I think that in Coulthard's case the cam is in worser position (lower than the eyes) comepared to Alonso's and Kubica's helmet cam, so in reality pilot has better visibility than it seemed from DC's footage. Realistically, the car is undrivable with that visibility! The best position I believe is in Kubica vid - it is one the same level as eyes, slightly to the side, while Alonso's cam is higher than the eyes.