Brazil GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens

Brazil GP 2008

Well, after a long, tortured and twisty road, we finally arrive at the last, deciding race of this season. It's been a heck of a year, from Mosley's escapades, to the on-track (and off) action, to the steward controversies. Wow, a long journey, but we're here.
Last race of the season, Hamilton with a slight points lead over his rival in red, Massa. Both good drivers, each quite different from each other. But within a week, one will be crowned World Driving Champion, the single most prestigious award in motor racing.
There's still lots of chances for a driver to move up in the standings, so expect good racing throughout the field. I wonder what will happen this year? No doubt, it won't be a dull race.
Yee haw, bring it on. =D>
Last edited by DaveKillens on 29 Oct 2008, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

chasefreak

Re: Brazil GP

very TRUE dave....... we saw yet another controversial season... packed with drama
and we still have a race to go
mclaren will be racing there new rear wing and i have also heard that they have 6 aero parts for the final race...... so they are riding alot on lewis to take the championship
i feel dennis may even stand down after lewis wins this year... if he wins
so are we in store for some late dramas.. hope so not...no more stewards in this last race

DaveKillens

This time, I'm hoping for no rain, no safety car, just good hard racing, with the winner determined on the track.

And it's probably the last time we will see David Coulthard, and (sadly) Reubens Barrichello.

woohoo

.. and also, no penalties! Clean racing!
[edit]in other words, what you said... :)
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

mx_tifoso

Here is Felipe Massa's pole winning lap in 2007...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIitZPbS6M4[/youtube]

I'm hoping he can do it again... 8) .

And Dave, would you mind adding the year (2008) to the title of this thread please? As to be able to distinguish it from the rest later on. Thanks in advance.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Mikacouli

anyone has more news about the new wing of McLaren? And the other developments?
all hopes on the MP4/24

chasefreak

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/117917

this should give u some idea how the wing looks like

chasefreak

BTW guys a wet weekend is expected .... i hope fisci wins again

Giblet

Re: Brazil GP 2008

That pole lap of Massa last year screams of traction control and sawing the wheel, neither of which will help him this year, especially if it rains.

If this race is wet, I feel Lewis will drive away, much to the dismay of the Brazilians.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

DaveKillens

It looks like rain, and lots of it. Does anyone know if the track organizers have done anything about those areas that have severe drainage issues. Because if not, Interlagos is one of the most treacherous tracks when it's wet. I expect a few safety car periods, and anything, just anything can happen.

chasefreak

yes dave the organizers have done some extra work on the drains

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=23412

one more interesting news is
http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=23420

Belatti

DaveKillens wrote: Because if not, Interlagos is one of the most treacherous tracks when it's wet.
Indeed, I recall the rain master Schumacher messing up while accelerating coming out of the Senna "S" some years ago.

If it rains, whatever happens to Hamilton, he can seat back and enjoy his title :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso

Special livery for Coulthard's RBR this weekend...

It sort of looks like a cow, with the horns and all. More info about the livery can be found in the news section.

No rain! [-o<
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

YES RAIN!

No safety cars please!

MattF1

DCs Car.

An impressive thing to do, how he managed to get away without having sponsorship when F1 is all about pleasing sponsors. He will be missed.