Monaco GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Monaco GP 2008

the McLaren looked very settled at the quick laps. Hamilton may be one of the contenders. There will be alot of action if it gets wet as predicded. It would be good to see more underdogs on pole or the podium.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Scotracer
Scotracer

Looking at the footage again, it does look like Hamilton's driving style is causing all of the wheelspin, as Heikki was not suffering in the same manner. This however could prove to be a problem if it gets wet as his aggressiveness on the throttle could be costly.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

PNSD
PNSD

He drives the way he does because he can and its quicker for him.

If it rains ofc he wont continue to drive the way he does when its dry. The guy has been driving and winning for many many years, he knows what is costly and whats not. besides, he learnt a few lessons last year ;-)!

donskar
donskar

Early days yet, but of course Ferrari has a big advanage, knowing the Bridgestones so much better than anyone else. Errrr . . .
Luca Baldisserri: "Our weak point today was mainly to do with performance on new tyres, especially on the softer tyre."
Looking (but not hoping) for a demolition derby, lots of safety car periods, Massa pin-balling all over the place, and brief interludes of superb driving from Kimi, Alonso, and Hamilton.

Am I the first to exercise the insanity of prediction?
1. Hamilton
2. Kimi
3. Alonso
4. Heidfeld
5. Rosberg
6. DC (with his car heavily dinged and covered with tire marks from several frustrated drivers)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual
Conceptual

If it rains, I'll go:

1. Kubica
2. Alonso

No-one else finishes.

Chris

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Im gonna go with this for the result:

1] Heidfeld
2] Alonso
3] DC
4] Webber
5] Rosberg
6] Jarno
7] Kimi (After getting his nose shunted on lap 1)
8] Hekki (In incident with above driver)

Massa, Kubica and Lewis will pinball all over the place i feel, if its a wet race that is...

If its a dry race, i see Kimi being P1, and Kubica being P2 in the race.

roost89
roost89

This is puzzling me...why are there 2 practices today (thursday)? Is the race a day early? or are there more practice sessions?
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

WhiteBlue

Monaco has always been that way. basically friday practise is on thursday. tomorrow they do GP2 only. saturday and sunday program are as usual except the podium which is instantly at the princes lounge.
they are not allowed champagne and have to wait with the spraying until they are back on the street. :D
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 23 May 2008, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

roost89
roost89

WhiteBlue wrote:Monaco has always been that way. basically friday practise is on thursday. tomorrow they do GP2 only.
I've never noticed that before #-o Acht well, it's all good. This is the first year I've paid attention to the Practice times, so i guess that's why. Cheers for the clarification WhiteBlue
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Saribro
Saribro

So nobody spotted the tiny new winglets of the F2008 nose?

Mr Alcatraz

This ones up for grabs! It looks like mixed conditions Saturday. Sunday Wet! :-"
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

bar555
bar555

As far as i can remember the last wet Monaco race was in 1997 , M. Schumacher won despite a small incident he had =D>
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

the Driving styles and the stratergies put to get together my predictions

1 kimi
2 hamilton
3 kubica
4 rosberg/massa

i have a feeling Hamilton will loose out on strategies in the race

vs331
vs331

I hope its like 96' when only 3 cars finished the race with Panis winining in a Ligier =D>

WhiteBlue

yeah, a lottery with rewards to those who focus on finishing. smooth driving, luck, experience and an acute sense for preserving the car for the end will do it.

perhaps a chance to Heidfeld, Webber, Bourdais and Button to shine. it would be nice to have a new winner.