Toyota TF110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tim.Wright

Re: Toyota TF110 revealed

ringo wrote: Yes you can do all those things. You see you are not looking on what i said earlier. I said it is based on the degree to what you can see.
Seeing is one thing, understanding is another. If you or anyone else on here think they can post process a visual inspection on the car and then judge the it's aerodynamics based on what you see then I have to call BS.

Anyway, returning to the Toyota. I only got June issue of RCE, is the July one already out?? Would be interesting to actually discuss some ACTUAL aspects of the car.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

marcush.
marcush.

interestingly they came back to a semi twinkeel arrangement for the forward lower wishbone fitting as well...
the nose looks very Williams...
and the sidepods are not in the same league with RedBull as well.

wesley123
wesley123

ringo wrote:Side pods kinda fail though.
They're not as extreme as the RB or Mclaren's. Very lotus looking.

What interesting is that the V nose is not fully exploited underneath.
Ever seen an toyota with small sidepods?

For Toyota means those sidepods are simply said tiny.

I have seen the pics and imo it could certainly be an race winner, nice detail in the whole car.
Diffuser seems big too
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

nacho
nacho

Is it only me but does the first half of the nose seem almost paper thin?

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Not wanting to pour water on anyones fire but... the car looks great. Toyota was always very brave and tried new things, but the worst thing about that car was the engine. I do however think that with the fuel consumption being simular to the renault, it would have probally done very well this year; however with a couple of crap drivers they wouldnt have gotten anywhere. Trulli was very good but he was past it years ago.

I only wished Raikkenen got a drive in that car, then we would have seen what it was really capable of.

Fil

Seeing that the car really does exist just leaves me feeling this hollowness inside.

Its simply tragic whenever an F1 car is built, never to be raced.

So many unknowns never to be answered about this car. Imagine if this had happened to the RA109..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

bar555
bar555

Any info about the car's Specifications ?
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Fil

:shock: :lol:
Joe Saward wrote:Former Toyota F1 boss John Howett is leaving the company at the end of June and to mark his departure the Toyota team decided to have him drive one of the 2010 Formula 1 cars around the car park at the team’s factory in Cologne. This was a very exclusive affair with not many witnesses… However I understand that Howett came away with a red face when he ran the car into the wall of the factory.
The latest word is that the remnants of the team will be employed next year to update the current chassis (rather more scientifically than Howett did) and will enter F1 in 2011, providing engineering services to a current GP2 team. The word on the grapevine is that ART might the lucky team. This is potentially difficult as the team is part-owned by Nicolas Todt, the son of FIA President Jean Todt.

I have asked the team for photographs of the Howett incident but oddly there has been no response as yet.
After they repair Howett's handy work, we may afterall see this car turn a wheel in anger in 2011! Link
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Italiano
Italiano

He binned it? Pratt.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Interesting points of that car. I do like it.

* Updated DDD, simpliler, but would exploid the regs to the full.
* Nosecone if very like the Williams FW32, high and flat.
* Scate turning vaynes under the nose seem to turn the air into sidepods for the inside and arround the scate wings (official name for those BTW) and arround into the coke bottle.
* Front wing is updated from 09, but has elements from Red Bull and Brawn in there.
* Air box is small, but perfectly formed, with a Williams style gearbox radiator inlets on it.
* Lotus style radiators, thin but long to capuure as much aero efficency as posible and keep things cool from a engine point of view.
* Rear wing id say very Ferarri looking.

If Toyota put some money into developing this car for 2011, i think it will be on the pace of the end of the midfield/start of the back markers (somewhere Sauber are currently). For the lucky team that aquires the IP for this car, i think they will have a perfectly good and capable car, driver dependant.

I can see it being a 2 way scrap for this cars IP, HRT would do well with it (already some rumors that it could race in HRT colours before the end of the season) or in the colours of one of the new contenders for the 2011 season, with the exeption being Epsilion.

donskar
donskar

casper wrote:
By freeing up its non-revenue earning investment in Formula One, we are now seeing Toyota's long range goal - away from ICE and into Electric vehicle production. How this affects FIA's long term viability in terms of the big car manufacturer participation, is something to think about.
Actually, the long range goal is to have a range of answers ready -- hydrogen cell, diesels, hybrids, plug-in electrics, ultra efficient gasoline ICEs.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

+1 with Tim on this one. Gettin a kick out of the "Oh it looks fast! The aero would have been awesome!" comments.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

The FOZ
The FOZ

Interesting nobody else has commented on the significance of the red car...I wonder just how close Stefanovich was to having his sketchy fingers dug into those cars for good?

marcush.
marcush.

for any of the new teams it was a huge mistake not to instantly stop their own efforts and try to get hold of this machine after toyota bowed out.
This base concept would have allowed them to concentrate on running the show instead of building everything from scratch.To me the obvious candidats would have been lotus
-underlined by its morphing towards a successor of the toyota anyways and USGP with them being too slow in designing and building their own car.
for any new team it would have been more than enough of a task to adapt the TF110 to the Cosworth unit.

Gascoyne decided to keep it in his hands (maybe he´s earning more this way?) and Anderson well no comment on this ...but Hurley must have seen this golden opportunity?

bugref
bugref

This car might be as good as Williams, and definitely faster compare to those new car on the grid...