Toyota TF110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ss_collins
ss_collins

Toyota TF110

Here it is

http://www.zinio.com/checkout/publisher ... =f1t220510

Fraid we can't post any more pictures yet - but there are load in that issue
Last edited by ss_collins on 21 May 2010, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Holm86

Re: Toyota TF110 revealed

too bad im not subscribing on this magacine anymore :(

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

What a mind blower .. I'm reading it now. Shame it will never turn a wheel ..

casper
casper

News just got out that Toyota is investing $50M in Tesla Motors. The upcoming model S Roadter will be produced from the NUMMI Plant in Freemont, CA. This was actually a plant built in partnership with GM, but when GM went bankrupt, Toyota was left holding the bag without a partner.

By freeing up its non-revenue earning investment in Formula One, we are now seeing Toyota's long range goal - away from ICE and into Electric vehicle production. How this affects FIA's long term viability in terms of the big car manufacturer participation, is something to think about.

ss_collins
ss_collins

Tesla's will be running at the Crystal Palace Sprint next week. Hoping I'll drive one

wesley123
wesley123

from only the mags front i get the idea that that car would have been incredible
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Tim.Wright

I'm still waiting for this issue but... There is so much hype about this Toyota, why? I don't get it?
wesley123 wrote:from only the mags front i get the idea that that car would have been incredible
Comments like this have got me completely f****d I really dont't understand how so many people are convinced this car was going to be a world beater after 9 years of fruitless attempts.

Granted, I have not followed them closely but still... can anyone enlighten me with a single piece of hard evidence?

Tim

EDIT: Sorry to single you out wesley! but you just happened to make the post that made me hit the reply button. I'm all ears if you have a decent response though.
Not the engineer at Force India

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Tim.Wright wrote:I'm still waiting for this issue but... There is so much hype about this Toyota, why? I don't get it?
wesley123 wrote:from only the mags front i get the idea that that car would have been incredible
Comments like this have got me completely f****d I really dont't understand how so many people are convinced this car was going to be a world beater after 9 years of fruitless attempts.

Granted, I have not followed them closely but still... can anyone enlighten me with a single piece of hard evidence?

Tim

EDIT: Sorry to single you out wesley! but you just happened to make the post that made me hit the reply button. I'm all ears if you have a decent response though.

Tim its speculative. But looking at it from the 3/4 angle you can see a semblance of RB6 in its design. And that nose looks very sexy too!
More could have been done.
David Purley

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Well, for one, Toyota was always a unique car on the F1 grid in that they weren't really a design follower rather than design leader. A few of the things they did were only done by them and over the last couple of years I really respected their pace and uniqueness. If you were to compare their design direction to RBR you would see more similarities than differences. I felt they were just on the edge of greatness.

And as for this article on them, we get to see much of the intricacies of the DD diffuser, design perspectives, and other details we often don't get to see till years later when they fall into private collectors, et all. BTW, this car has a diffuser setup much like the Red Bull RB6 .. low tail and exiting under the beam wing instead of using the beam wing as part of the diffuser exit .. so just based on appearances it could have been very good.

You won't be able to come away unimpressed with the team's direction and methodology.

Tim.Wright

Maybe, Though I really don't take much notice of the aero features since its not my field of arousement.

Still, looks means absolutely nothing. There are just far too many unknowns for anyone to be able to say that this car would have been any good.

Having a unique innovative car also means nothing if there was never the speed to back it up.

You might think they were on the edge of greatness, but I thought with a couple of podiums last year they were on the verge of "adequateness".

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Most likely the edge of adequateness was the way you described Red Bull too, till they starting winning, correct?

I'm really not trying to be critical here, but it takes layers of development over a period to build a winning F1 team/car. It doesn't begin and end with a clean sheet car design every year.

wesley123
wesley123

It is true that looks mean nothing, but imo toyota was seriously going on the way up, see 2007-2008-2009, it went better evey time. I was actually pretty convinced that 2010 would be their first race win, but that didnt happen becuase they pulled out.

From my first view i could only say it again isnt a real design follower but it simply looks incredibly fresh, new and whatever i can think of.

Look at the front wing, it simply looks incredible(from what i can see on the front wing i had an similair end plate idea a few eeks ago, irony lol) The nose looks incredibly flat and the sidepods look really tight for toyota means, hugely undercut it seems.

Now i see that pic i hate it even more to not see it race.

Anyone who can upload the pics anytime soon or has links for them?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

axle
axle

Shame it never ran - bet HRT which they bought it!!
- Axle

nacho
nacho

I still feel HRT should try and buy the IP for that even if the regulations change, there is a lot of other stuff in an F1 car than the diffuser.

marcush.
marcush.

tbh ,can anyone understand why Gascoyne did not push Fernandez to buy this stuff instead of rushing out what only could be a carbonfibre applebox with wings?
Holy --- this would have been a quick ways of making it into the points for all those
ex toyota guys they already employ...I feel the next lotus will be the successor of this unraced beauty...