McLaren MCL32 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Andres125sx

Re: McLaren MCL32 Honda

Thunders wrote:Is that a Restrictor inside the Exhaust or am i seeing things?
The only other possibility to me after taking a close look is a light reflection from the upper part of the exhaust, as that´s the end of the horizontal part (from the picture point of view) and then there´s a 45 degree (guess) going down. Maybe some light is going directly throught the exhaust, reflecting on that 45 degree upper part, and projecting that light to the lower horizontal part.

The shape of the possible restrictor matches the shape of the end of that horizontal tube

Not saying it is that, but wondering about posibilities, this came to my mind

Andres125sx wrote:
Thunders wrote:Is that a Restrictor inside the Exhaust or am i seeing things?
The only other possibility to me after taking a close look is a light reflection from the upper part of the exhaust, as that´s the end of the horizontal part (from the picture point of view) and then there´s a 45 degree (guess) going down. Maybe some light is going directly throught the exhaust, reflecting on that 45 degree upper part, and projecting that light to the lower horizontal part.

The shape of the possible restrictor matches the shape of the end of that horizontal tube

Not saying it is that, but wondering about posibilities, this came to my mind

It does look like a (variable) restrictor to me - I'm assuming moving exhaust valves (like a pop-up power-valve off-of Rotax) are banned and they're just playing with things during testing...?

f1rules
f1rules

DiogoBrand

Didn't the regulations forbid side crash structures from portruding from the bodywork? It still happens on the MCL.

zioture
zioture

Complete Foto gallery Day 2 Barcellona here http://www.newsf1.it/foto-gallery-day-2 ... arcellona/

f1rules
f1rules

Postmoe

noxroxafox wrote:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... ad83c4.jpg

I was watching some youtube user uploads and I spotted this. Maybe its just the moment of steering into the corner, but the rake seems to be incredible. I did not notice it being so much compared to other cars, even the RBR.

The art of winning, know thy competitor
For me, and it's probably a lame guess, the rack is intended to be exploited by the quite complex bargeboards that, in unison with the curved floor beginning, create a kind of quasi-hole. Could it be meant to seal the floor getting energized flow from the tunnel those same bargeboards also form?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Thunder

At least some pretty Pictures:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Goran2812
Goran2812

they've cut out cooling outlets that weren't there in the beginning... cooling problems because of too tight packaging?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

mclaren111

Goran2812 wrote:they've cut out cooling outlets that weren't there in the beginning... cooling problems because of too tight packaging?
Just a piece that is interchangeable - normally have outlets in this area

BosF1
BosF1

Goran2812 wrote:they've cut out cooling outlets that weren't there in the beginning... cooling problems because of too tight packaging?
In the flow viz pics you can see they had a different panel installed there. It seems (I might be mistaken though) that underneath that panel some flow viz is dispensed as behind it more flow viz is present than before the panel.

Goran2812
Goran2812

from the pic above my first post where there is no panel I was wondering how they change them, since there are no screw holes, but it seems they change the entire big region around it... #-o
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Big Mangalhit

noxroxafox wrote:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... ad83c4.jpg

I was watching some youtube user uploads and I spotted this. Maybe its just the moment of steering into the corner, but the rake seems to be incredible. I did not notice it being so much compared to other cars, even the RBR.

The art of winning, know thy competitor
The car is entering a corner and rolling to the other side, increasing the perception of rake on this side. I bet if the picture was taken on the other side it would look a lot flatter. You can even see how to floor is almost parallel to the picture angle from side to side

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

After the flowviz yesterday checking the airflow a bit more downstream: