2019 German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, July 26-28

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RZS10

Re: 2019 German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, July 26-28

Regarding track limits: don't know whether that piece of info was right but the commentators said it's about staying on the (blue and white) curb without touching the green one further out ...

Pyrone89

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:56
Pyrone89 wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:30
godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:18

I'm sure that will happen, the Red Bull is better in the race than the Mercedes and the gap is tiny. Again it all depends on who can manage tires and keep the pace up. Hamilton is very inconsistent in sector 1, and the hairpin, with changing grip levels during the race that inconsistency will manifest itself.
Mercedes far far ahead (and this was in the 39 degree heat which they dont like, so expect it to be more tomorrow)
https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.co ... tagram.com
If you take that as a meaningful representation of pace over 67 laps, you have a lot to learn little buddy. It's ok, you'll see tomorrow.
Little buddy?

Much to learn? I watch F1 since 1999

And all responses to your post are saying the same: you are saying things that are contrary to the data at hand. All data point to Merc having a clear race pace advantage and they start on the preferred tyre (Max just now confirmed he wanted to start on medium too in Ziggo interview). And instead of taking back your words you start hitting out at people who point you to the facts.

Ps: I am supporting Max and RBH too, but I am being realistic that in the race P3 will likely be the maximum result unless Verstappen goes into magic zone again.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

MtthsMlw

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

So Hamilton faster by around 0.4s over Verstappen if I’m reading that right.

GPR-A

One of the usual trends that I have observed with Mercedes cars is, when the car is generally difficult to drive and not in good place, the difference between Lewis and his team mate is large. It seems like the new upgrades are not easy to master and have been hurting Valtteri. On most weekends, he used to be a tenth or two ahead of Lewis, until Q3. But this weekend, he has been constantly behind.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:36
One of the usual trends that I have observed with Mercedes cars is, when the car is generally difficult to drive and not in good place, the difference between Lewis and his team mate is large. It seems like the new upgrades are not easy to master and have been hurting Valtteri. On most weekends, he used to be a tenth or two ahead of Lewis, until Q3. But this weekend, he has been constantly behind.
Same with Max and Gasly. That is when driver skill comes in instead of drivers being limited by the ceiling of car performance

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Mercedes will eat tyres instead of bratwurst tomorrow, another win for Verstappen and Leclerc 2nd.

Any news on the Ferrari btw?

yener

NL_Fer wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:40
Mercedes will eat tyres instead of bratwurst tomorrow, another win for Verstappen and Leclerc 2nd.

Are you serious? Dont be surprised if Hamiltons sets the fastest lap again on 31 laps old tyres.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Kimi is doing great job. Hope he turns this into points tomorrow. Legend.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

yener wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:42
NL_Fer wrote:

Are you serious? Dont be surprised if Hamiltons sets the fastest lap again on 31 laps old tyres.
Good one :)

Sieper

Pyrone89 wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:08
godlameroso wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:30

Mercedes far far ahead (and this was in the 39 degree heat which they dont like, so expect it to be more tomorrow)
https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.co ... tagram.com
If you take that as a meaningful representation of pace over 67 laps, you have a lot to learn little buddy. It's ok, you'll see tomorrow.
Little buddy?

And all responses to your post are saying the same: you are saying things that are contrary to the data at hand. All data point to Merc having a clear race pace advantage and they start on the preferred tyre (Max just now confirmed he wanted to start on medium too in Ziggo interview). And instead of taking back your words you start hitting out at people who point you to the facts.

Ps: I am supporting Max and RBH too, but I am being realistic that in the race P3 will likely be the maximum result unless Verstappen goes into magic zone again.
You are not realistic at all. Yesterday you said Merc was a second up on RBR, the season was over and RBR could better focus on 2020. We all said, wait a bit, RBR is coming closer and today, with mapping issues for Max and with Merc bringing a new upgrade the gap was just .36 of a second and Bottas was outqualified even. Beginning of the season that was impossible to do.

Pyrone89

NL_Fer wrote:

No, Mercs superior cars means that after the first long straight they will be 1 and 2. Difference in driver skill will mean Ham doesnt have to fear the only person with a car close pace wise (Bottas, same car but maybe different set up). Gasly will burn his tyres trying to follow VER. Both Leclerc and Vettel will pass Gasly halfway in the race at the latest. Ferrari’s faster pace means they will come close to Verstappen in the end or earlier if a SC helps them. Bookmark it.

Pyrone89

Sieper wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:48
Pyrone89 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Little buddy?

You are not realistic at all. Yesterday you said Merc was a second up on RBR, the season was over and RBR could better focus on 2020. We all said, wait a bit, RBR is coming closer and today, with mapping issues for Max and with Merc bringing a new upgrade the gap was just .36 of a second and Bottas was outqualified even. Beginning of the season that was impossible to do.
Nothing has changed. I was talking about race pace and it is very clear from that data Merc has a significant advantage approaching indeed a second if you see it was already 7 tenths in conditions unfavorable for them. RB being closer in quali changes nothing about that. In fact they were closer in Silverstone in quali to Merc and Merc there showed in the race they are dominant in racepace. So the data so far supports my conclusions, while the conclusion that RB will somehow challenge for the win are based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sieper

Pyrone89 wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:53
Sieper wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 17:48
Pyrone89 wrote:

Little buddy?

Nothing has changed. I was talking about race pace and it is very clear from that data Merc has a significant advantage approaching indeed a second if you see it was already 7 tenths in conditions unfavorable for them. RB being closer in quali changes nothing about that. In fact they were closer in Silverstone in quali to Merc and Merc there showed in the race they are dominant in racepace. So the data so far supports my conclusions, while the conclusion that RB will somehow challenge for the win are based on nothing more than wishful thinking.
You toned it down to .7 yourself in an earlier post. You are all over the place with all your profecies. Merc brought a big chassis update, it is to be expected they will do relatively better then previous race. Fact is Max beat Bottas which was neigh on impossible early season.

Artur Craft

Lol, Kimi second on s2

Also noted that the cars were a lot slower than last year