Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Good Lord, what a liability for an operation like that to carry, 15 MUSD was it?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

yzfr7
yzfr7

From a very respectable journalist who had an interview with Barrichello yesterday:

Barrichello was in Brackley on Monday and had a meeting with Brawn. Same as always, nothing signed, nothing official. The official presentation should be this Thursday 9pm, where Brawn will confirm the new team as Brawn F1. The car is ready and there will be a shakedown on Friday at Silverstone with Button on the wheel. The only test session should be at Barcelona (9-12). More financial details will be given later.

I hope they can make a decent effort this season, and that we can have 20 cars on the grid.
pax

xpensive
xpensive

Hmm...it would suggest that I might will have to consume that balaclava after all.

But not quite yet. On the subject of Buttons 15 MUSD salary, how many jobs at Brackley is that, 150-200?

Sawtooth-spike

1 Job... His

Just kidding,

I have a friend who is a cook. She can offer you a lovely Recipe for balaclava? Maybe Cajun? or Maybe with some Garlic? I would go for it in a pie.

Sorry :)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

waynes
waynes

if Button is willing to take a pay cut, drop him to 2 million, and save the rest of the jobs in the factory, make sure this team can earn points + therefore the tv money for next year etc

will be an interesting team to watch anyway

xpensive
xpensive

If find it rather difficult to believe that Ross Brawn would shoulder the responsibility for a drastic downsizing at Brackley, just to hand over the money saved to an also-ran like Button? I know he has a contract, but come on?

Roland Ehnström

Does he have any choice?

xpensive
xpensive

Apart from trying to reason with Button, asking him if he wants to come across as an utter a*****e?
I don't know.

axle
axle

Button and the other driver contracted to race for the team are the focal point of all the media and public attention. Joe Bloggs in the factory isn't. Now that's taking nothing away from Joe but to have the hassle - and trust me it is - of being in the glare you'd want to be rewarded well, considering you're there to promote as much as drive.

Button has taken a hefty paycut to remain a driver, ok he's not going to be "poor" from it but it's the right message. Joe Bloggs by the sounds of it has too but nothing like 50%...

I think most of the factory are annoyed as they were hoping for good payoffs from Honda...which they think they won't get from a management buyout. However, I believe TUPE laws in the UK protect their redundancy terms for 2 years.
- Axle

xpensive
xpensive

Seems to me there are still plenty of drivers around prepared to pay for that media hassle, no? :wink:

axle
axle

xpensive wrote:Seems to me there are still plenty of drivers around prepared to pay for that media hassle, no? :wink:
Yes but image is everything and Button has the right image for a lot of sponsors.
- Axle

xpensive
xpensive

Wonder which sponsor that might be?

axle
axle

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21219.html

Adding to the belief that Honda Racing F1 will be rebadged as Brawn Racing is the news from official filings that Caroline McGrory has been appointed the company secretary. This follows the news last week that McGrory registered the Internet domain names brawnracing.com and brawnracing.co.uk. We would therefore expect to see Honda GP Ltd renamed Brawn Racing Ltd in the course of the next few days.

The company secretary ensures that an organisation complies with relevant legislation and regulations, and keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities. Company secretaries are the company’s representatives on all legal documentation. Thus her appointment means that a name change is probably going to happen within a day or so.
- Axle

axle
axle

xpensive wrote:Wonder which sponsor that might be?
You're boring me. There is a lot of business sense in keeping Button. You don't like him so have to say the opposite. Just to be an argumentative p***k.
- Axle