2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RZS10

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Look how easy he took it through parabolica ... almost keeps the left wheels on the line

TAG

Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:49
I love how Mercedes are pretending that the party mode ban makes them stronger. I can bet my last bottom dollar that the snake Wolff would never have been using it the other way round if it was so. What is scary is how much faster Mercedes would be if they had the modes.

The arrogance can be smelt from a distance. One day this will end, and the saying 'how the mighty have fallen' will imply.

Will they have the guts to stay and fight it out or will they go home?
The way Vettle stayed at Red Bull and fought it out there? I know it's got to be painful watching what's going on but you don't have to torment yourself by choosing to suffer through this epoch of sheer dominance at every level of the team.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sieper

Pany wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 20:29
But if you pretend to fight for title you must be competitive in Monza too
You could say the same for Silverstone. That wasn’t just a setup problem, high energy circuits Merc tires still overheat.

Max has been making no pretences though and Besides that, this race is not over yet. Will be hard to get a podium I think, but we haven’t even started yet. Hungary qualy was Abismal too and there Max dragged P2 out of it. Ok due to the rain and him making a good start. Redbull is not in the title fight, but todays dissapointment doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t get closer on other tracks.

Wass85
Wass85

RZS10 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 20:53

Look how easy he took it through parabolica ... almost keeps the left wheels on the line
The car has looked on rails all year, I'm sure I could lap faster than Hamilton if I lost some ballast.

PlatinumZealot

What size doggy bowl?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

hollus

Don’t make it personal. Post about things, not about other posters, please.
Rivals, not enemies.

ispano6

Moore77 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 18:47
Sieper wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 18:10
Moore77 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 17:22
OK. I will then come back after the race!
For what, to be happy RBR is losing? To rub it in? What Etusch is saying they will first look at the result the wear they experienced this race will give them. And from that they will choose the power settings for next race. At the end of this race they will not know that yet. Then they can first have a look at the PU and see what the effect was.
I don't understand why people take it personally. What is it about rub it in? I don't understand those emotions. You are addressing ispano6 as Etusch. I am pointing to ispano6 that, he had a different take when Mercedes lost Silverstone2 and said so many things and I am asking him, why is he not saying the same words for Red Bull Honda? Back then if Mercedes did not do their home work and did not admit so, why is he not saying, Honda should also admit Honda did not do their homework here? This topic is about quali modde ban and if Red Bull honda has gone back, it is as good as Mercedes losing race in Silverstone 2. Isn't it? He is saying, Honda is still doing their homework and once race is done, we would know if they have done their home work or not. To which I said, I will discuss it tomorrow then.

Tomorrow if Max doesn't get to second place on merit, I would expect ispano6 to make the same snide remark to Honda, that he did to Mercedes. Isn't that fair? Because in the past races without this TD, Max usually use to finish ahead of one Mercedes, mostly on merit. If he finishes 3rd, it's mostly status quo for race (not a surprise), but lost ability in quali due to TD, because Max use to qualify 3rd without a problem. If Max doesn't finish 3rd, which means, Red Bull Honda has done a bad job and hasn't done their home work well. So it would be ispano6's turn to say the same snide remarks to RB Honda. Fair?
If you haven't read, no one from Red Bull is blaming Honda. Everyone from RedBull is saying the RB16 is not as balanced as the RB15 was. Max said it, Alex said it, Marko said, and Tanabe said it. I won't argue with a person who says Max didn't win Silverstone 2 on merit.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

hollus wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 21:59
Don’t make it personal. Post about things, not about other posters, please.
With the greatest of respect when a poster is making sarcastic comments about how well a 6 time WDC understands how a tow works and then says that they could lap faster than them you don’t think that warrants comment?
Last edited by Restomaniac on 05 Sep 2020, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

McMika98
McMika98

Few things to watch for tomorrow,
Merc will be lifting and coasting a lot and so will most teams. Overtaking will be a nightmare and may not be possible. Few engines might also go pop.

search

ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 17:04
Kvyat will have an advantageous strategy as well considering he had more pace but was hindered in Q2. There may be a two stop strategy in the cards depending on how long the softs last, safety car
not sure if a 2 stopper makes much sense, but they should definitely try something different indeed instead of getting stuck in the DRS train again all race, especially as the risk of dropping back is relatively low (with all those Ferraris behind, unlikely to challenge much). Over the years, going long on the first stints always used to be a great strategy in Monza. Kvyat himself moved up from 12th to 6th that way last year.

Schuttelberg

TAG wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 21:23
Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:49
I love how Mercedes are pretending that the party mode ban makes them stronger. I can bet my last bottom dollar that the snake Wolff would never have been using it the other way round if it was so. What is scary is how much faster Mercedes would be if they had the modes.

The arrogance can be smelt from a distance. One day this will end, and the saying 'how the mighty have fallen' will imply.

Will they have the guts to stay and fight it out or will they go home?
The way Vettle stayed at Red Bull and fought it out there? I know it's got to be painful watching what's going on but you don't have to torment yourself by choosing to suffer through this epoch of sheer dominance at every level of the team.
Did I mention Seb anywhere? Oh, you're one of those that go by the avatar?

I think Seb has been fighting even after his Red Bull days as did Lewis at McLaren. As I said, we will see when the knife goes through the butter. Something tells me, Max will not please the silver clan much in a couple of years. Let's see how Mr.Wolff reacts then! As far as Lewis goes, all this talk of "it's close" and the repeated weekly insulting of fans intelligence.. for all his personality, he sounds like a robot pretty much.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

ispano6 wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 18:10
For what, to be happy RBR is losing? To rub it in? What Etusch is saying they will first look at the result the wear they experienced this race will give them. And from that they will choose the power settings for next race. At the end of this race they will not know that yet. Then they can first have a look at the PU and see what the effect was.
I don't understand why people take it personally. What is it about rub it in? I don't understand those emotions. You are addressing ispano6 as Etusch. I am pointing to ispano6 that, he had a different take when Mercedes lost Silverstone2 and said so many things and I am asking him, why is he not saying the same words for Red Bull Honda? Back then if Mercedes did not do their home work and did not admit so, why is he not saying, Honda should also admit Honda did not do their homework here? This topic is about quali modde ban and if Red Bull honda has gone back, it is as good as Mercedes losing race in Silverstone 2. Isn't it? He is saying, Honda is still doing their homework and once race is done, we would know if they have done their home work or not. To which I said, I will discuss it tomorrow then.

Tomorrow if Max doesn't get to second place on merit, I would expect ispano6 to make the same snide remark to Honda, that he did to Mercedes. Isn't that fair? Because in the past races without this TD, Max usually use to finish ahead of one Mercedes, mostly on merit. If he finishes 3rd, it's mostly status quo for race (not a surprise), but lost ability in quali due to TD, because Max use to qualify 3rd without a problem. If Max doesn't finish 3rd, which means, Red Bull Honda has done a bad job and hasn't done their home work well. So it would be ispano6's turn to say the same snide remarks to RB Honda. Fair?
If you haven't read, no one from Red Bull is blaming Honda. Everyone from RedBull is saying the RB16 is not as balanced as the RB15 was. Max said it, Alex said it, Marko said, and Tanabe said it. I won't argue with a person who says Max didn't win Silverstone 2 on merit.
What do you expect? For them to blame Honda?

They have backed themselves into a corner... They have burned their bridge with Renault, Mercedes and Ferrari won’t be supplying them engines (not that they would want the Ferrari engine).

With Honda still to commit for the long term, they can’t afford to upset them and will not assign them blame, even if they deserve it.

Now, I’m not saying that the 2020 Honda PU is a bad one, actually it has improved a lot... But even if it is still lacking, not only against Mercedes, but potentially against Renault... Red Bull can’t afford to make any disparaging comments about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sieper

How have they done that themselves. Ferrari and Mercedes have repeatedly refused and Renault in the partner years have failed them very hard. Nobody wanted that but it was heartbreaking, how many times either Max or Daniel were stopped on track. Yeah yeah, I k ow, all partly redbulls own fault. No.

By the way, Ricci was stopped on track today even.

Should Honda decide to stop, which I agree is a viable option. Then either Renault and redbull need to try it again or some other solution needs to be found.

I do agree they will be very carefull. Especially Max, but I also trust he would say it if he really feels Honda would let them down. Maybe it is just not the case.

dans79

Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 22:43
Something tells me, Max will not please the silver clan much in a couple of years.
You are praying hard for that I bet!
Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 22:43
As far as Lewis goes, all this talk of "it's close" and the repeated weekly insulting of fans intelligence..
Well, the average fan isn't very bright in my opinion, so they don't know they are being insulted! :lol:
197 104 103 7

ispano6

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 23:01
ispano6 wrote:
Moore77 wrote:

What do you expect? For them to blame Honda?

They have backed themselves into a corner... They have burned their bridge with Renault, Mercedes and Ferrari won’t be supplying them engines (not that they would want the Ferrari engine).

With Honda still to commit for the long term, they can’t afford to upset them and will not assign them blame, even if they deserve it.

Now, I’m not saying that the 2020 Honda PU is a bad one, actually it has improved a lot... But even if it is still lacking, not only against Mercedes, but potentially against Renault... Red Bull can’t afford to make any disparaging comments about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Honda PU is already a race winner in 2020. Max has said this year's car doesn't feel right compared to last year's.
Last year Alex started 8th, finished 6th. Max started 20th, finished 8th, despite his front wing mishap. One qualifying result where a Renault powered McLaren doesn't equate to Honda lacking to Renault. These extra tenths come from driver confidence in the car, and clearly, the confidence isn't there. Max also doesn't like the softs, as the tires that he won with in Silverstone 2 were the medium and hard. Maybe Red Bull should go back to using last year's front nose concept that seems to be giving Gasly more confidence in the AT01. Both Red Bull drivers have commented on the AT being quick on the straights and the corners at Monza. It's very possible that the RB16 cannot integrate this new nose no matter how hard they try, or it should only be used on tracks it does suit. I'm actually a bit surprised that Max didn't try to set his Q2 time once with mediums.