2013 Testing - Jerez 5-8 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pandabeer
Pandabeer

Re: 2013 Testing - Jerez 5-8 Feb

Yea, but it's good to see that there are no problems so far for Mercedes in the last two days, allowing them to get lots of data.

Ferraripilot

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Lewis and Kimi out on track this very moment both doing heavy load runs on (I've heard) same tires. The tire deg of W04 is much better than the Lotus and W04 is solidly quicker.

Mika1
Mika1

Lewis Hamilton:

1:25.141 (122)
1:25.171 (121)
1:24.706 (120)
1:25.043 (119)
1:24.869 (118)
1:25.515 (117)
1:25.274 (116)
1:24.651 (115)
1:24.165 (114)
1:24.990 (113)
The boss follows me on twitter.

Neno
Neno

Ferraripilot wrote:Lewis and Kimi out on track this very moment both doing heavy load runs on (I've heard) same tires. The tire deg of W04 is much better than the Lotus and W04 is solidly quicker.
i dont think so Tim. Lotus first time this season doing long runs, they probably dont have even good setup yet, and Mercedes whole day yesterday with Nico and today with Hamilton was doing longer runs, they probably have devoloped setup. Unlike, other circumstances Lotus dose not dance on track like Mercedes, so they probably have even more performances hidden. Sorry, Mercedes have good deal of gap for Mclaren, Ferrari and Lotus

The_Truth
The_Truth

123 laps and counting.

The Mercedes has become a bulletproof car during the last two days.

Ferraripilot

Neno wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:Lewis and Kimi out on track this very moment both doing heavy load runs on (I've heard) same tires. The tire deg of W04 is much better than the Lotus and W04 is solidly quicker.
i dont think so Tim. Lotus first time this season doing long runs, they probably dont have even good setup yet, and Mercedes whole day yesterday with Nico and today with Hamilton was doing longer runs, they probably have devoloped setup. Unlike, other circumstances Lotus dose not dance on track like Mercedes, so they probably have even more performances hidden. Sorry, Mercedes have good deal of gap for Mclaren, Ferrari and Lotus

So after over 3 days of testing you're saying Lotus don't have at least a reasonable set up to do long runs? Mercedes have had in essence 1 day of testing to set up the car and your saying Mercedes setup is more optimal? Really? Let's be realistic and objective to the best of our abilitity anyway with the information we have. I have a difficult time seeing your position Neno.

mantikos
mantikos

Ferraripilot wrote:
Neno wrote:

So after over 3 days of testing you're saying Lotus don't have at least a reasonable set up to do long runs? Mercedes have had in essence 1 day of testing to set up the car and your saying Mercedes setup is more optimal? Really? Let's be realistic and objective to the best of our abilitity anyway with the information we have. I have a difficult time seeing your position Neno.

Amen

Neno
Neno

Ferraripilot wrote:
Neno wrote:

I am just saying you cant compare someone times who because of failure in two day test, needed to change their testing program and focus on milage (for doing this they need to devolop setup for longer runs) and that they were doing last two days including this one, with someone who first two days did only short stint with aero testing diffirent component of exaust, and today first time they did one longer run. I didnt say Lotus dont have setup for longer run, i just said Mercedes did this last two days and they probably devolop setup from ther previous run, and what is concern is that Lotus looks almost good as them, or what i could say with a little bit of setup devolopment better then them.
But this is my opinion. Dont forget, Mercedes gap to Lotus from last season, specialy not Mercedes gap to Red Bull and Mclaren.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

That certainly is good news.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

131 laps and counting... they have certainly made up for the first two days. The car seems reliable too.. two days back to back 130+ laps.

wunderkind
wunderkind

The_Truth wrote:123 laps and counting.

The Mercedes has become a bulletproof car during the last two days.

I think Mercedes will be in good stead for the first race if they can find some good downforce gains between now and then. Trackside commentators on autosport says Hamilton has been very careful with his throttle out if corners and turns.

Some substantial downforce gains are needed to improve rear end grip and tyre wear.

iotar__

First longish stint by Lotus. Not particularly impressive (?) (without knowing fuel loads, tyres and so on). One comparable length-wise from Sauber earlier looked better.

Ferraripilot

Neno wrote: I am just saying you cant compare someone times who because of failure in two day test, needed to change their testing program and focus on milage (for doing this they need to devolop setup for longer runs) and that they were doing last two days including this one, with someone who first two days did only short stint with aero testing diffirent component of exaust, and today first time they did one longer run. I didnt say Lotus dont have setup for longer run, i just said Mercedes did this last two days and they probably devolop setup from ther previous run, and what is concern is that Lotus looks almost good as them, or what i could say with a little bit of setup devolopment better then them.
But this is my opinion. Dont forget, Mercedes gap to Lotus from last season, specialy not Mercedes gap to Red Bull and Mclaren.

I see your point, but data wise, setting up an F1 car is not quite as laborious as you may think. If Lotus or any team for that matter don't have a reasonable setup for testing longer runs after 3 days then that team have serious problems.

Mika1
Mika1

140 laps for Hamilton, good job.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Ferraripilot

I have to hand it to Mercedes, the car is handling its tires very well by the look of things.

Is it just me or is the Mclaren looking a bit hard on tires today?

Red Bull looks great of course.