2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Brazil - Interlagos, 11-13 November

ChrisDanger wrote:
TAG wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Look, I am not going to argue when you are making things up. I did not claim there is no difference between the 2. I only claimed the difference between the 2 is too small to overcome an inherent part of the sport (luck). Again, if you can quote me on that, then go ahead
I think when one starts to argue semantics, the point becomes secondary which is the only tactic to argue semantics. Let's let sleeping dogs lie since you're still unwilling to acknowledge that they're close only because of luck not despite it.
It's not semantics. He's clarifying what he meant by what he said, which you misinterpreted, yet you continue to stand by your misinterpretation. Like talking to a brick wall...
It's a body of work, and the clarifications still refuse to acknowledge the basic flaw in the assertion as other have chimed in, but it's okay you can't get too far on a dead end road.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

The_table

TAG wrote:
andartop wrote:No matter what he did or didn't do throughout the year, at the end of the day people could find something bad to say if they wanted to.
=D>

I love that line because... any Lewis Hamilton fan can instantly sympathize with the sentiment. I mean really, there's little to pick between two drivers where only one of which is the 2nd most winning F1 driver in History, only one is the 3rd man in F1 history to break the 60 pole barrier, only man in the history of the sport to have won a race in every year he's competed, despite the car under him, the only driver in the sport that has double digit wins two years in a row (this year could be three).... and here's the capper. He's finished on the podium 55% of the races he's started. There's no other driver in F1 history that tops that and still he's compared to Rosberg by some as there not being much difference between the two.

Whatever happens in the season closer, it's been a good year a year of supreme records and nothing to be despondent about.
"Despite the car under him" , The worst car HAM has ever had was third in the constructors championship...

2007 -DSQ but second on points (correct me if i'm wrong)
2008 -second
2009 -third
2010-second
2011-second
2012-third
2013-second
2014-first
2015-first
2016-first

Andres125sx

langwadt wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:snip
At the spanish TV they said they miss those sunday warm-ups where they could set-up the car for the rain raising ride height.
The wet tires are bigger diameter so they raise the ride height
I know, but that raise is not enough obviuosly

TAG

The_table wrote:"Despite the car under him" , The worst car HAM has ever had was third in the constructors championship..
You can't blame someone for being their own self fulfilling prophecy. :P

Let's get back to Brazil though. I would have loved to have seen Red Bull letting the kid go with the wets to see how far he could have (if any) pushed the leader.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sevach
Sevach

Everytime we have SC starts there are complaints about bad visibility, well no sh... all the cars are packed with a few meters between them, once the race starts the field spreads and visibility improves significantly.

On the tire front i think F1 should drop the intermediates and make the wets a bit faster.

turbof1

TAG wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
TAG wrote:
I think when one starts to argue semantics, the point becomes secondary which is the only tactic to argue semantics. Let's let sleeping dogs lie since you're still unwilling to acknowledge that they're close only because of luck not despite it.
It's not semantics. He's clarifying what he meant by what he said, which you misinterpreted, yet you continue to stand by your misinterpretation. Like talking to a brick wall...
It's a body of work, and the clarifications still refuse to acknowledge the basic flaw in the assertion as other have chimed in, but it's okay you can't get too far on a dead end road.
Let's let sleeping dogs lie since you're still unwilling to acknowledge that they're close only because of luck not despite it.
The whole assertation points towards mechanical issues being a basic part of motorsport. You can like or you can not like it, but that is how it swings.

I acknowledged perfectly that is Rosberg is in front, because of the bad luck Hamilton had to endure. However, you yourself aren't exactly acknowledging that Rosberg did well enough of a job to capitalize on it. And, Hamilton is also in this position because he let himself down at a few critical moments. Especially in Japan, after the breakdown in Malaysia, where he needed to win (and the next races too) to stay master over his own faith. That bad start is equally haunting him now, as he clearly outshined Rosberg the last 3 races, but is unable to keep Rosberg from taking the title anyhow. That's due his car letting him down, but also because he let valuable points go to squander at a few moments, which now turn out to be critical.

Again, this is not withstanding Hamilton did better than Rosberg across the season. And he did have bad luck. But simply put the margins between him and his teammate were not big enough to avoid this situation. And Rosberg does deserve credit for maximizing every opportunity given to him, within his own capabilities.

That'll be the last I am going to say about this. The original point turned into too big of a discussion point on its own.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

andartop wrote:Oh dear.
There is a chance the WDC will be won by someone who is not the fastest guy on the grid in the best car, just a good enough guy in the best car.
Shock.
Awe.
(sarcasm)
Have you guys ever heard of names like Prost, Mansell, J.Villeneuve, Button, Vettel...?
It happens.
Maybe change the rules so the most popular guy on the grid should get the title, gift LH about 50 points to compensate for his bad luck, or sabotage Nico's car in Abu Dhabi?
+1

I don´t like Rosberg, well, as a driver at least because as a person he looks like a nice guy. But this happens frequently in F1

Heck people ignore Felipe Massa almost won a title! :mrgreen:

BTW I´m glad Massa received that homage. To me he´s always been one of the slowest drivers on any top team, but he´s a profesional who deserve respect, and even if far from the best, any F1 driver is a top driver. Moreover, anyone on F1 for 14 seasons deserve tons of respect, and a similar homage. When Mercedes people aligned on the pitlane to applause him I almost cry, that was emotive =D> =D>

Andres125sx

f1316 wrote:I think one of three things was very clear at all the safety car restarts; either:

1) Nico has no idea how to maximum a restart in order to pressure his opponent
2) he was very nervous about getting close to Hamilton
3) they had some kind of intra team agreement about not pressuring each other at restarts

Because Nico gave acres of room every single time - in stark contrast to Max or Checo who were pressuring the guy in front in order to get the jump. He seemed to be making it very easy for Lewis but maybe that's just him playing the percentages (which I guess is understandable).
You´re missing the most important point:

4) Nico only needed a 3th place on this complicated race, so no need to risk at all. Not only aquaplanning as someone stated, but also Lewis could be tempted to do some sort of Prost/Senna maneouver, let him go alongside, then push him off track.

I´m not saying Lewis would do this, but from Nico point of view it would be utterly absurd to give some chance for this to happen. He didn´t lose the target, it´s the WDC, not a trophy from Interlagos :wink:

Andres125sx

cooken wrote:I saw this race as a massive opportunity for Rosberg: to perform well in the wet and lay to rest a lot of this discussion of WDC merit. Instead, he put in a typical "meh" performance, made worse by allowing Verstappen to pass him easily on the outside very early on.
As stated on my previous post, he did the wise thing, focusing on the WDC. Race trophies or people´s point of view are insignificant compared to a title

dans79

Andres125sx wrote: As stated on my previous post, he did the wise thing, focusing on the WDC. Race trophies or people´s point of view are insignificant compared to a title
Because he knows he can't beat his teammate when they are both at their best.
197 104 103 7

turbof1

dans79 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: As stated on my previous post, he did the wise thing, focusing on the WDC. Race trophies or people´s point of view are insignificant compared to a title
He can't. However, without downplaying the issues Hamilton faced, Hamilton was at times not on his best. Rosberg was more constant in that regard (except when he caused those 2 crashes). Next to the bad luck Hamilton faced, which will cost him the title, also pivotal were the bad starts for instance he had. Those will prove crucial as well.

It is however telling Rosberg has not been able yet to defeat Hamilton while effectively racing one another, within the same strategy and without a bad start.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

dans79 wrote:
Because he knows he doesn´t need to beat his teammate to win the title :wink:

Lewis lost his first title exactly because of this, he couldn´t cope with Alonso passing him, tried to push more than needed, and lost his first WDC because of his own mistakes on last GPs of 07 season, absurd mistakes as the title was almost on his pocket.

Nico proved to be wiser, wich is logical as he´s not under 20 years old as Lewis was at that time :wink:

dans79

Andres125sx wrote: Because he knows he doesn´t need to beat his teammate to win the title :wink:
I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned that's a looser mentality.
197 104 103 7

turbof1

I noticed Hamilton was full of joy after winning the Grand Prix, more then usual and despite Rosberg ending 2d. 10 years of not winning that Grand Prix must have been rough for him.
#AeroFrodo

AMG.Tzan

The_table wrote:
TAG wrote:
andartop wrote:No matter what he did or didn't do throughout the year, at the end of the day people could find something bad to say if they wanted to.
=D>

I love that line because... any Lewis Hamilton fan can instantly sympathize with the sentiment. I mean really, there's little to pick between two drivers where only one of which is the 2nd most winning F1 driver in History, only one is the 3rd man in F1 history to break the 60 pole barrier, only man in the history of the sport to have won a race in every year he's competed, despite the car under him, the only driver in the sport that has double digit wins two years in a row (this year could be three).... and here's the capper. He's finished on the podium 55% of the races he's started. There's no other driver in F1 history that tops that and still he's compared to Rosberg by some as there not being much difference between the two.

Whatever happens in the season closer, it's been a good year a year of supreme records and nothing to be despondent about.
"Despite the car under him" , The worst car HAM has ever had was third in the constructors championship...

2007 -DSQ but second on points (correct me if i'm wrong)
2008 -second
2009 -third
2010-second
2011-second
2012-third
2013-second
2014-first
2015-first
2016-first
Maybe we have to remind you of Vettel...
2014 -second best car -no wins -3 wins for his teammate which shows you he had the chance
2016 -second/third best car -no wins
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis