2015 United States Grand Prix - Austin, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2015 United States Grand Prix - Austin, October 23 - 25

Too early to tell, there's a weather system right now off the south eastern part of mexico that could develop if it goes north east, it'll most likely fizzle out by Thursday but I have no idea if any other weather systems will be passing by. This damn el nino is making weather predictions pretty tricky.
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

I taught El Niño was currently in the Pacific Ocean'? Edging closer towards California '?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Webber2011
Webber2011

djos wrote:I think if there is any chance of RedBull staying with Renault for 2016 then they need to bite the bullet and test the new PU in Texas.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Not sure if this is the best track re penalties, but they don't really have time to mess about if it's Renault for next year.

Hopefully it's a decent improvement.

Tauri_J
Tauri_J

a lot of rain expected

mikeerfol

So much for McLaren testing their new engine and aero package :P

Vasconia

Tauri_J wrote:a lot of rain expected

http://postimg.org/image/e74rjg969/
But not for the race day, meh....its always the same, we will end watching a sunny race. :roll:

Vasconia

SiLo wrote:Apart from Singapore, I still don't understand where this notion that Red Bull and Ferrari has better traction that Mercedes has come from.
Call it fantasy if you want. The Mercedes has a great traction and about this race, if nothing strange happens they will smash the competence. I would like to see Rosberg putting Lewis under pressure, for the sake of an exciting race,but also to see the real gap between them and the rest of the teams.

turbof1

Vasconia wrote:
SiLo wrote:Apart from Singapore, I still don't understand where this notion that Red Bull and Ferrari has better traction that Mercedes has come from.
Call it fantasy if you want. The Mercedes has a great traction and about this race, if nothing strange happens they will smash the competence. I would like to see Rosberg putting Lewis under pressure, for the sake of an exciting race,but also to see the real gap between them and the rest of the teams.
They'll smash the... competence? I do hope you meant the competition :P.
#AeroFrodo

WaikeCU

Quite fresh and new track. First ever rain race? I think visibility will be bad.

zioture
zioture

Preview USA GP

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Texas is notoriously unpredictable when it comes to weather. The same thing happened this april at motogp...rain both practice and qualifying...dry and relatively hot race.

PlatinumZealot

godlameroso wrote:This track isn't as aero heavy as it appears, most teams generate similar high speed downforce, where they differ greatly is how soon that downforce comes on, Sector one has the bulk of all the high speed stuff, mostly though it requires stability on turn in, which Mercedes seems to have more than everyone else. As the aero provides plenty of grip to put the power down out of the corners. Sector two is all power, all slow turns proceeded by power dependent events, going up the hill and down the long straight. Sector three is the slow to mid speed stuff, that triple apex right hander is essentially the same for everyone. Here putting down the power on corner exit is critical, a place the Ferrari and Red Bull excel at over the Mercedes.
I remember a Red Bull overataking a guy in that right tripple apex! was unbelievable.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

I notice Mercedes use a few clips from the Codemasters F1 game in the track previews.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ME4ME

So that's why I got the urge to start F1 2014 and play at Cota lol :P

search

sgth0mas wrote:Texas is notoriously unpredictable when it comes to weather. The same thing happened this april at motogp...rain both practice and qualifying...dry and relatively hot race.
rainwater was leaking off a bridge over the track on race day when the sun started to shine though and the race had to be delayed, let's hope they sealed that thing ;)