Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
anzx
anzx

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

stefan_ wrote:It will surprise me to see your faces if they actually do good. Like always, when things go bad, people are rushing to predict how wrong things will go, how crap will be someone's season, etc. but when things are good, people can't find enough words for praising.
I agree, if the car is fast then there will be no question of winning the championship, at least will be interesting :)

Joie de vivre

i think maldonado will be better than grosjean.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

stefan_ wrote:It will surprise me to see your faces if they actually do good. Like always, when things go bad, people are rushing to predict how wrong things will go, how crap will be someone's season, etc. but when things are good, people can't find enough words for praising.
In fairness, I don't think anyone is actively hoping Lotus fall away, they simply fear that a team that are losing staff to other teams and had to take on a paydriver to safeguard their finances may end up struggling to stay competitive.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

http://www.suomif1.com/2013/12/uusi-ren ... yntymassa/

Lotus were offered a chance to attend the 2014 Pirelli test but declined due to their finances.

turbof1

Although I'd rather had Hulkenberg in that seat; I don't believe Maldonado to be a disaster concerning driver competitiveness. When he wants it, he is bloody fast. The biggest issue for him this year was motivation. If he can fight for points every race he'll be driving well. Besides that, it is something you have to take when the continuity of a team is on the line.

I dearly hope Lotus still can round up the Quantum deal. It would give them extra breathing space.
#AeroFrodo

godlameroso

They could do a lot worse talent wise than Maldonado. He is seriously fast, and as far as I'm concerned, and probably not why he started being outperformed by Bottas. Once you start voicing your frustrations, like bad-mouthing the team and the car; then A.) it makes it really hard for the team to focus on you and give you what you want(because face it we all have egos), and B.) You yourself will lose motivation if you know for a fact that you're just going out there to lose...again, and this gets reflected in your interactions with the team, and with commitments related to the team but not specifically racing.

Lotus just lost another brain to another outfit. I really really hope that they have other brains with good ideas at the outfit, I really like this team and hope they can continue to be front runners.
Saishū kōnā

drunkmunky
drunkmunky

I don't know much about this team but how much technical and aero staff have been pulled to other teams?

James Allison
Dan Wheater

whom else?

lio007

drunkmunky wrote:I don't know much about this team but how much technical and aero staff have been pulled to other teams?

James Allison
Dan Wheater

whom else?
Dirk de Beer

Neno
Neno

drunkmunky wrote:I don't know much about this team but how much technical and aero staff have been pulled to other teams?

James Allison
Dan Wheater

whom else?
Everyone who was worth something leaved this team already :wink:

drunkmunky
drunkmunky

But their imprint on the 2014 car is already done right?

kooleracer
kooleracer

drunkmunky wrote:But their imprint on the 2014 car is already done right?
Developing never stops. Because there is so much to learn and re-develop again. Lotus will feel the loss during the 2014 when the development race will be at an alltime high. Feel really sorry for Lotus (Enstone team) they were on their way up again and now they have to start all over again. Lots of rumour about staff being sent on leave to lower the bills etc and staff actively approaching other teams.

2011-2012
Bob Bell (mercedes: TD)

2012-13 lost
Mark Elliot (mercedes: head of Aero)
James Allison (Ferrari:TD)
Dirk de Beer (Ferrari: head of Aero)
David Wheater (Williams: Deputy Head of Aerodynamics)
Jarrod Murphy (mercedes: head of CFD)

( the team they moved to: position the held at Lotus/Renault F1)
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

ecapox

A little more clarification:

Eric boulder supposedly resigning. He is unhappy with being the team principal and being responsible for the financial crisis at lotus, Kimi raikkonen leaving, the quantum investment debacle, and the inability to sign hulkenberg.

bill shoe
bill shoe

This team has been through much over the years-

Toleman
Bennetton
Renault
Lotus

Factory deals come and gone, a-list drivers come and gone, and somehow the team keeps turning out winning and near-winning cars.

F1 owes a debt of gratitude to Lotus for it's performance in the last half of 2014-- they were the only team that was keeping Red Bull halfway challenged. Without Lotus the last 6 races would have been a farce.

So somehow despite bouncing through inconsistent ownership and control, the team has always stayed strong rather than slipping into the shadows of the midfield. Eric probably had much to do with this in recent years. Hopefully they can find the next miracle manager to keep it going.

mikeerfol

https://twitter.com/Rowlinson_F1R/statu ... 6715548672 So, Jordan makes guesses about team principals as well? :P