Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Lotus F1 Team 2013

Lotus F1 2013.. Off you go-!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Gerhardsa

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

So...Kimi and whom will be driving?
I think Romain will stay 1 more season. He should be better next year I think.
He has got some real pace, and now with a full season behind him, he has the whole winter to ponder on it, and get himself organised. I think he will be good...

KATO

Gerhardsa wrote:So...Kimi and whom will be driving?
He has got some real pace, and now with a full season behind him, he has the whole winter to ponder on it, and get himself organised. I think he will be good...
The rumour mill is saying Kamui Kobayashi and a few others are beig looked at for comparison as they seek to evaluate Their options... So all including Grosjean are basically being looked at fairly. I don't have a favourite but if I could pick some one myself I'd pick Bruno Senna.... But I'm sure Grosjean will stay..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

IIRC Khaki Hovalovian is also a possible candidate
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

KATO wrote:
The rumour mill is saying Kamui Kobayashi and a few others are beig looked at for comparison as they seek to evaluate Their options... So all including Grosjean are basically being looked at fairly. I don't have a favourite but if I could pick some one myself I'd pick Bruno Senna.... But I'm sure Grosjean will stay..
Why would they pick Senna? Lotus are a top team and Senna isn't a top driver.

raymondu999

If Lotus wanted Senna, they'd already have him. They dropped him last year, remember?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

Cold Fussion wrote:
KATO wrote:
Why would they pick Senna? Lotus are a top team and Senna isn't a top driver.
I didn't say they would pick senna I said i would..... Lol I'm a Senna fan even tho I know he's not a top driver... But they are lookin at everyone according to rumours..

Anyways the rumours must be true that their looking at their options because if not they would have Allready announced Grosjean..
__Ayrton Senna

stefan_
stefan_

Well you bet you are getting it right if you "rumour" about the fact that they are looking at everyone because they will eventually pick someone in that list. Please be more reserved when you make posts based on "rumours" and on what "someone somewhere said".

I race Grosjean with 75% chances for retaining the 2nd seat at Lotus next year.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

raymondu999

stefan_ wrote:Well you bet you are getting it right if you "rumour" about the fact that they are looking at everyone because they will eventually pick someone in that list. Please be more reserved when you make posts based on "rumours" and on what "someone somewhere said".

I race Grosjean with 75% chances for retaining the 2nd seat at Lotus next year.
To be fair - I have heard rumors that Lotus are looking at Kovalainen and Kobayashi.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

I think they have already made one decision and that is they are not going to race with Grosjean in 2013.But, now they have to decide who is going to be that second driver.You have couple of drivers, but it's really tough decion.Should they chose pay-to-drive driver or someone faster or someone more realible?I think that is the right question.I quite like Grosjean, he is ok, but he had too many incidents which costed the team P3 in constructor's.The top team needs instant results.Why he has to adapt himself?It's not like sending an African guy to Russian front.There's no so big difference between GP2 and F1 car, otherwise, the other drivers are far more adaptable.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Gerhardsa

If they do not retain Romain, i would love to see Heiki in the car. 2 Finns. Heiki i feel has been overlooked during the last 2 or so seasons, and underrated. He has come a long way since his drive at Mclaren.

ParanoiD

if they wanted to keep Grosjean, what took them so long to confirm it?

personally I would like it to be KK or HK or if even possible RK to be driving alongside KR
Ay Carumba!

stefan_
stefan_

With Heikki is kind of tricky because you don't know how he will perform with a better car after spending all this time close to the back of the grid at Caterham.
Last edited by stefan_ on 06 Dec 2012, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

kris
kris

stefan_ wrote:With Heikkki is kind of tricky because you don't know how he will perform with a better car after spending all this time close to the back of the grid at Caterham.
As one of Kimi's quotes go "He would be good giving way" :D

stefan_
stefan_