2012 Canadian GP - Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasco

Re: Canadian GP 2012 - Gilles Villeneuve

Great to see 3 world champions fighting it out...the cars are close in quali and race pace and I am sure we'll see more of this later in the year.

Horrible luck for Schumi...he really deserves a race win.

Unc1e_M0nty

Great race, especially after the annual borefest that was Monaco, fantastic way to get the season get back on track.

Just loved seeing the 3 champs slug it out over the race, the cooler temps deffo suited the Macca, Lewis was unstopable on his first set of softs.

I think on another "hotter" day we'd have seen a different result, Lewis would have come home a distant 3rd or maybe worse, I don't think it's right that tyre temp windows should make the difference they do.

Mr Alcatraz

Is this correct?
WDC standings :
Alonso 88
Hamilton 88
Vettel 85
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

FrukostScones

did someone notice that during Lewis 2nd pitstop rear right change was not good again.

no 88HAM
86ALO
85VET
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Alcatraz, for the standings refer to the home page. They are now up to date.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

marcush.
marcush.

wow perez again with a brilliant race ,his driving is really awesome ,how he made a micky of Rosberg was just stunning. =D>
Schumacher ..what can you say .DRS fail as predicted...come on Mercedes you might find another posssible dnf reason in time for Valencia...bring it on.
On a side note:Schumacher was at pains to protect his guys who work on prototypes we should not forget ... brave face as always. this man ´s attitude deserves respect. I think he will quit .

both stops for hamilton were less than perfect -right rear was sooo slow....and it was a close call on exit as well as webbo was entering his pit slot ....it could have gone wrong there.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Ferrari F2012

Ratatouille wrote:Hmm, could it be that Ferrari's tyre degradation has something to do with the new exhaust configuration?

Before, Ferrari seemed to have better degradation than Red Bull and much much better than Mclaren, and somewhere in the middle between Sauber. Today it seemed they had just 2-3 laps better tyre management than their direct competitors and much worse compared to the Sauber.

Could it be the exhaust plume acting on the tyres?
I'm not sure... it's possible; but I think it has more to do with McLaren having figured out the tyres more – they seemed to manage to make them work over a full 10°C range this weekend. Bear in mind too, the Ferrari's tyres didn't go off until about 10 laps after Hamilton's pit stop, so they're still doing better than McLaren. Also, they went two laps longer in the first stint than Vettel while still putting in the fast laps, and kept it up better in their "second" stint.

So really, combination of two things 1) McLaren sorted out their tyres better than in the past 2) Ferrari still had the properties you're talking about, it just was rather masked by a disastrous strategy call.

nacho
nacho

Button totally lost, weird things happening.

beelsebob
beelsebob

nacho wrote:Button totally lost, weird things happening.
Bear in mind, he had one quarter of the time everyone else had to set his car up, and a 5 place grid drop.

Shrieker

Good win by Lewis. But it's shocking to see what Jenson's up to. It can be expected that he isn't ahead of Lewis in qualifying, but he'd always be there or thereabouts in the race. How many races now he's scored no points ?!?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

marcush.
marcush.

according to whitmarsh Jenson had chosen a differnt rear suspension geometry to Hamilton which abused the rears more .He also had this problem with front lockup....I think they just blew the setup big time this weekend .

beelsebob
beelsebob

marcush. wrote:according to whitmarsh Jenson had chosen a differnt rear suspension geometry to Hamilton which abused the rears more .He also had this problem with front lockup....I think they just blew the setup big time this weekend .
As I said above, not much blowing to do – he only had a quarter as long as everyone else to figure out how to get it set up.

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

beelsebob wrote:
nacho wrote:Button totally lost, weird things happening.
Bear in mind, he had one quarter of the time everyone else had to set his car up, and a 5 place grid drop.
Button didn't have a penalty, Maldonaldo did if you're getting confused between the 2? In the post race interview he plainly admitted that he didn't have the pace, couldn't keep the tires together and that he had no explanation.

PlatinumZealot

paddy Lowe said the cars are exactly the same.... Only difference is setup.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ringo

FIA need to look into the DRS.
It should have a relief valve, to prevent hydraulics from locking. Remeber it was designed to flap down to resting position naturally. That's why it was hinged at the top.
It can't do this if the hydraulics dont allow. A redundant relief valve needs to be in place for these situations.

As for Button, there are no words to describe....
He got Massacred; pun intended. :lol:
For Sure!!