2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Phil

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Pierce89 wrote:Fair and square, you say. Before Senna, show me.
Even if there isn't - aren't you going back a long way to prove a point? Senna raced up until '94 - That's been 20 odd years ago.

Personally, I think this talk is running in circles. If Hamilton hadn't used his advantage and closed the door (irregardless if some think this is dirty or not), he might as well just wave him through.

I can't imagine going back until the beginning of racing that there weren't example of people "closing the door on corner exit". I guess there is a point that this is somewhat exagerated now days seeing that most tracks have a huge run-off-area, but if you actually didn't have any, like in Monaco or Singapore, a driver on the attack would probably think twice before putting himself in a gap that is getting smaller and is bound to disappear (or on the other hand, the defending driver will think twice about pushing him into the wall).

What we see now is a direct result of having tracks with large run off areas, so a defending driver will likely squeeze a car more, knowing full well there are little to no consequences. This goes both ways, as the attacking driver, knowing the worst that can happen is that he leaves the track but with the potential to rejoin, might put himself in that spot, be full on the throttle and risk it. The situation applies to both defender and attacker, so I don't really think it's that big of a deal (on corner exit).

Obviously, it doesn't quite work if a defending driver squeezes to the inside, as once drivers have committed to a corner at a given speed, cutting of ones path to the inside will almost always result in a collision. Which is again, why, it is always beneficial to be on the inside of a corner when being on the attack (or defending). Rosberg (just as any driver in this position) knows this.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

f1ssk
f1ssk

Why are people argueing about weather hamilton was fair or not..

Rosberg post race conversation and body language did not show a hint of disgust for negative blocking or rash driving... he actually believed Lewis had a fair win and was angry and frustrated probably but also respected lewis for what he did..

he loved to be in the that fight but wish he would have made on of it stick.
if Rosberg doesnt have a problem, y does any1 here seem to have one. :?: :?

dans79

f1ssk wrote:Why are people argueing about weather hamilton was fair or not..

Rosberg post race conversation and body language did not show a hint of disgust for negative blocking or rash driving... he actually believed Lewis had a fair win and was angry and frustrated probably but also respected lewis for what he did..

he loved to be in the that fight but wish he would have made on of it stick.
if Rosberg doesnt have a problem, y does any1 here seem to have one. :?: :?
His demeanor was a lot different in the paddock interviews.
197 104 103 7

gray41

I think it was hitting home what an opportunity he had missed.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Pierce89 wrote: Fair and square, you say. Before Senna, show me.
What?! :roll: Before Senna show me? Talk English bro. And calm down.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

I see a pattern here. The people who complain about Lewis seem to be pissed that what we saw at the race was almost unimaginable during the race. Even i as a Lewis fan was suprised he owned him. Nico was faster, Lewis was better/smarter/more intelligent. End of story. Deal with it.

dans79

gray41 wrote:I think it was hitting home what an opportunity he had missed.
His video diary shows that even a day later he was still down beat about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxkO375T9gU
197 104 103 7

gray41

dans79 wrote:

Very short video, kinda says it all.

Big call him saying he's going to take China, if he doesn't what will his response be?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

markn93

gray41 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Very short video, kinda says it all.

Big call him saying he's going to take China, if he doesn't what will his response be?
It's an odd thing to say. I think he's trying to show defiance and deflect attention away from Bahrain, could backfire spectacularly though if he doesn't, mentally he'd be shot surely?

Sevach
Sevach

Emerson.F wrote:I see a pattern here. The people who complain about Lewis seem to be pissed that what we saw at the race was almost unimaginable during the race. Even i as a Lewis fan was suprised he owned him. Nico was faster, Lewis was better/smarter/more intelligent. End of story. Deal with it.
Yeah everyone who disagrees must be because they hate the great Lewis Hamilton...
Instead of telling people to "deal with it" get over yourself.

Personally, i thought it was great racing with some borderline moments, but nothing straight dirty.
But that kind of arrogance just rubs me the wrong way...

Anyway... i originally came here to post this:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/04/08/m ... n-rosberg/

e30ernest
e30ernest

More commentary about those radio messages here:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/153297.html

I applaud Mercedes for allowing their drivers to duke it out properly on the track. Even if they had a dominant car, the fact their drivers were equally matched and fighting it out to the end made the racing so much more spectacular and exciting.

dans79

e30ernest wrote:More commentary about those radio messages here:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/153297.html

I applaud Mercedes for allowing their drivers to duke it out properly on the track. Even if they had a dominant car, the fact their drivers were equally matched and fighting it out to the end made the racing so much more spectacular and exciting.
The article outlines what I mentioned shortly after the race, the chars where battling each other with setting. Lewis used the fact that he has clean air to pull or maintain a gap through the twisty bits by using as much power as he could get down. Nico then had to try and claw it all back in the drs zones.
197 104 103 7

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Sevach wrote:Yeah everyone who disagrees must be because they hate the great Lewis Hamilton...
Instead of telling people to "deal with it" get over yourself.

Personally, i thought it was great racing with some borderline moments, but nothing straight dirty.
But that kind of arrogance just rubs me the wrong way...
Anyway... i originally came here to post this:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/04/08/m ... n-rosberg/
Its about double standards mate. Nothing more.

Ps: i just read it.

ImageImageImage

Anybody noticed how Kimi silenced the fireworks with one look?
Last edited by Emerson.F on 08 Apr 2014, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Duke

Yep in the room behind the podium it just hit him. Great battle though.

zeph
zeph

Emerson.F wrote: Anybody noticed how Kimi silenced the fireworks with one look?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dIOvfKzIck#t=18
:lol: