Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Edax wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 02:06
holeindalip wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:38
max is no where near ready for a championship season, checkers or wreckers for him but ric.... he is more than ready to put up a challenge for a title, so even if honda redbull are contenders next year they wont win. but if renault come out and have a challenger who looks like a fool now??
It is subjective I know, but I don’t see a real championship contender in Ricciardo.

He accurate on the overtake. He is also consistent, makes very little mistakes. But on the other hand he is also consistently slower than VES both in Q as in the race. He is also pretty much average in the wet. He is also not that great in tire management. And while VES is very good I don’t rank him as the miracle that some do. There are more that are as fast.

So For me Ric is more like a Button, Massa, Coultard or Webber. He can be champion if the circumstances are right. But with the current quality of the field I think the chances are slim. I mean the top 3 have 9 WDC’s between them. Unless renault leapfrogs Ferrari and Merc with margin there is little chance.

That is not to say that he is not an asset for Renault. I think they need someone to maximise the chances they get, and in that Ricciardo is one of the best.
I know it is not directed at me, but i don't see a solid, consistent championship contender in Max either.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

rayden
rayden

Edax wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 02:06
holeindalip wrote:
max is no where near ready for a championship season, checkers or wreckers for him but ric.... he is more than ready to put up a challenge for a title, so even if honda redbull are contenders next year they wont win. but if renault come out and have a challenger who looks like a fool now??
It is subjective I know, but I don’t see a real championship contender in Ricciardo.

He accurate on the overtake. He is also consistent, makes very little mistakes. But on the other hand he is also consistently slower than VES both in Q as in the race. He is also pretty much average in the wet. He is also not that great in tire management. And while VES is very good I don’t rank him as the miracle that some do. There are more that are as fast.

So For me Ric is more like a Button, Massa, Coultard or Webber. He can be champion if the circumstances are right. But with the current quality of the field I think the chances are slim. I mean the top 3 have 9 WDC’s between them. Unless renault leapfrogs Ferrari and Merc with margin there is little chance.

That is not to say that he is not an asset for Renault. I think they need someone to maximise the chances they get, and in that Ricciardo is one of the best.
People are underating max. Ric is as good as Hamilton/Vettel. Max may be faster than them all already.

djos

It takes more than raw speed to be a world champion and Max has not shown enough maturity imo to put together a championship year.
"In downforce we trust"

alexx_88
alexx_88

I, too, think that max and, by extension Ric are a bit underrated. Remember Ric is the guy who made vettel look very ordinary in 2014. If the whole Alonso - Ferrari saga would've happened a year later, I think he'd have been the one to go 'red', not vettel.

GPR-A duplicate2

holeindalip wrote:
Imagine a last race of the season and Max and Ric are championship contenders. They are tied on points. It rains!!!

spin1/2
spin1/2

GPR-A wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 10:47
Imagine a last race of the season and Max and Ric are championship contenders. They are tied on points. It rains!!!
I see Ric and Max fighting to get into Q3 and finishing in the points. For Ric, it was a step back either way - Honda power or Renault chassis.

NathanOlder

Ham wins the race and Max/Ric end up in the gravel. Daniel wins the championship because he has more 2nd places as Max goes for win or nothing every race.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

jz11
jz11

alexx_88 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 10:07
I, too, think that max and, by extension Ric are a bit underrated. Remember Ric is the guy who made vettel look very ordinary in 2014. If the whole Alonso - Ferrari saga would've happened a year later, I think he'd have been the one to go 'red', not vettel.
I was surprised as how easily Dan beat him that year, and I think it has a lot to do with motivation, Vettel was a 4x WDC at that point knowing very well that the car under him that year wasn't close to being competitive, he simply didn't have the drive, Dan on the other hand had everything to prove, which he did - this is not to take anything away from Dan achieving that, but more about being assessing what happened without bias

similar thing might be going on in RB this year, Dan knowing he will not stay in the team from the beginning of the year, and the team favoring the signed driver and doing everything to mold VER into another Vettel, "next Senna because he is so fast", but essentially has little race craft because of the lack of experience (more in VER case), though VER has ran out of excuses in regards of F1 experience for making as many mistakes as he does, and lately you can see a trend - less mistakes and basically no aggression, he is starting to learn the long game, and still riding the hype wave, so there is not much more to say about him, need to wait and see how things unfold, but I don't think Dan has many chances left of really beating VER this year at RB, but let's wait and see, might shape up to be an interesting battle between the two in the second half of the season, that is of course, if the team will play fair, which I doubt they will

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Might be true.....but youre still learning stuff and max 20 20 thats not mature @ all

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 11:00
Ham wins the race and Max/Ric end up in the gravel. Daniel wins the championship because he has more 2nd places as Max goes for win or nothing every race.
it seems i am biased, and youre not ? hahaha
you know i have English roots but i just cant support this ''guy'' https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DR-baRSW0AEmYey.jpg
it's completely out of bounds, you know he always says about others ''this guy''...funny thing is i see him more like the girl with handbag and all of the grid.

jz11
jz11

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 12:15
Might be true.....but youre still learning stuff and max 20 20 thats not mature @ all
exactly, and you keep repeating that as if it is a good thing, which is not how I see it, kids should not have been granted super licence to race in F1 at that age, there is very real science behind that, men's brain keeps developing till around 25, and the last portions of the brain to develop are responsible for capability of long term strategic thinking - that was a quality required 20+ years or so back, when every crash in F1 had a real potential to be lethal or career ending at least, now it is much safer, and with the FOM desperately trying to capture younger audiences, they think they'll achieve that with toddler drivers, which is quite stupid...

I said it at the end of last year, if Max was more mature coming into RB, being able to challenge top runners at start of races, then the championship outcome last year might have been quite different, he was involved in couple incidents which led to Vettel losing a lot of points, something which might have not happened if VER wasn't a teenager - and that led to the hype over him - which is just wrong... he was reckless in between other drivers who were thinking completely different game and if you're biased - you see that as a racing skill, and I very much do not

and when RB management starts to spew things around like "marketable" when talking about drivers, I just want to at least mute that and pretend I didn't hear it, if it keeps on going, it will probably make me turn to something else

so yes, Max is popular, and is riding a hype wave, but all things considered I don't see it as good for the sport, it has added excitement, just like DRS and mickey mouse tyres have...

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

jz11 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 12:59
apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 12:15
exactly, and you keep repeating that as if it is a good thing, which is not how I see it, kids should not have been granted super licence to race in F1 at that age, there is very real science behind that, men's brain keeps developing till around 25, and the last portions of the brain to develop are responsible for capability of long term strategic thinking - that was a quality required 20+ years or so back, when every crash in F1 had a real potential to be lethal or career ending at least, now it is much safer, and with the FOM desperately trying to capture younger audiences, they think they'll achieve that with toddler drivers, which is quite stupid...

I said it at the end of last year, if Max was more mature coming into RB, being able to challenge top runners at start of races, then the championship outcome last year might have been quite different, he was involved in couple incidents which led to Vettel losing a lot of points, something which might have not happened if VER wasn't a teenager - and that led to the hype over him - which is just wrong... he was reckless in between other drivers who were thinking completely different game and if you're biased - you see that as a racing skill, and I very much do not

and when RB management starts to spew things around like "marketable" when talking about drivers, I just want to at least mute that and pretend I didn't hear it, if it keeps on going, it will probably make me turn to something else

so yes, Max is popular, and is riding a hype wave, but all things considered I don't see it as good for the sport, it has added excitement, just like DRS and mickey mouse tyres have...
well it seems we just have to wait then what the future holds, and of course i like a biased discussion, because i am biased to. but it seems to me, i do know that. and others think they are not.
well the newly installed mod, asked me to tone it down a bit. so i will comply with his pm.
i stirred the pot enough, but i think it's so funny when ppl think there not biased. and they so are.
so i am sorry i did troll them, but it was a chance i could not pass up on. it just to damn funny

jz11
jz11

it's been quite clear what color underwear you wear from the first posts here, and from the way you write it is also quite clear what age group you belong to, and your trolling skill is much higher in your opinion than it actually is

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

jz11 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 13:46
it's been quite clear what color underwear you wear from the first posts here, and from the way you write it is also quite clear what age group you belong to, and your trolling skill is much higher in your opinion than it actually is
hahaha thank you

djos

jz11 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 13:46
His fanboi posts are getting pretty tiresome, it wouldn't be so bad if he was a little more eloquent, however most of them have been pretty ragged and almost incomprehensible!

It's not surprising that he's got a negative rating as a result.
"In downforce we trust"