Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

djos wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 13:56
jz11 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 13:46
it's been quite clear what color underwear you wear from the first posts here, and from the way you write it is also quite clear what age group you belong to, and your trolling skill is much higher in your opinion than it actually is
His fanboi posts are getting pretty tiresome, it wouldn't be so bad if he was a little more eloquent, however most of them have been pretty ragged and almost incomprehensible!

It's not surprising that he's got a negative rating as a result.
rating does not count on this forum, look what happened to wassari san, properly the best poster.
and they outright killed him, well thats just awfull so .....ratings will tell nothing

djos

Believe what you like mate.
"In downforce we trust"

cooken
cooken

Silly season indeed...

Does anyone have any insight at what Perez is doing now? Maybe I missed it but he is still on an expiring contract with FI and could move elsewhere at the end of the season? Would be odd after his role in
catalyzing the administration process... but thoughts were that he may go to Haas in Grosjeans place whichever allows Ocon to stay (assuming Stroll is moving in).

Redragon

I think Gasly can beat Verstapen ass next year if he signs for Redbull. His year a Toro rosso has been impresive. Ves might regret not to welcome his old known Sainz

Zynerji

Redragon wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 15:31
I think Gasly can beat Verstapen ass next year if he signs for Redbull. His year a Toro rosso has been impresive. Ves might regret not to welcome his old known Sainz
I still think Ocon should be looked at by RB. He has been impressive in a seriously under developed car.

Verstappen has a long term contract and age on his side. If I was him, I'd be looking for a driver that would push him to greater heights.
Goku would be nowhere without Vegeta constantly challenging him for supremacy.

ME4ME

Redragon wrote:
I don't see that happening at all. Gasly has had 3 good races so far this season. Arguably his car has limited him in expressing his talent but surely he has a long way yet ahead of him and needs time to develop as a driver. I don't think he is ready for the Red Bull seat, let alone beat Verstappen.

ringo

Gasly needs another year in Torro Rosso for the sake of stabilizing his career.
You have guys on the grid that slowly develop their career, and create a longstanding reputation.
When you get hurried into the big spots like Kyvaat and to some extent most other redbull drivers, you get discarded before 25 years old.
Best Piere stays at torro rosso for another year, and hone his craft.
I want to see Sainz in the redbull, to bring Max back down to earth. Max has raw speed in qualifying (and it's not even that much anyway as he usually doesn't beat his teammate by more than tenth) and he can be tenacious, but outside of that he doesn't have much else going for him to be a title contender. I would expect that Sainz will put in more mature drives and beat Max over a year.
The honda engine and the new front wings will also level the field a bit regards to how redbull's signature strong points will be weakened.
For Sure!!

NathanOlder

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 14:28
djos wrote:
jz11 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 13:46
it's been quite clear what color underwear you wear from the first posts here, and from the way you write it is also quite clear what age group you belong to, and your trolling skill is much higher in your opinion than it actually is
His fanboi posts are getting pretty tiresome, it wouldn't be so bad if he was a little more eloquent, however most of them have been pretty ragged and almost incomprehensible!

rating does not count on this forum, look what happened to wassari san, properly the best poster.
and they outright killed him, well thats just awfull so .....ratings will tell nothing
Rating is like number of fans in F1. Yes Max has loads of fans, but it wins him nothing in the track.
Yes I'm biased, I think most people are, but my biased opinion is fully backed up by the fact they guy i support holds pretty much the best record in nearly every aspect of the sport. So until Max wins maybe 6 championships, i think you best rein it in a little.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

epo
epo

Your biased opinion and the way you write your stuff is quite annoying, your arrogant for no reason. It's fine your a HAM fan nothing to brag about and no-one is backing your opinion.
Everywhere on this forum your there if there is something written about Max, and you jump on it with your great knowledge about everything. Just keep your tone down please and focus and HAM.
And @Ringo, Sainz is demolished by HULK so this might be his last F1 year ever.

holeindalip
holeindalip

Zynerji wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 15:51
Redragon wrote:
I still think Ocon should be looked at by RB. He has been impressive in a seriously under developed car.

Verstappen has a long term contract and age on his side. If I was him, I'd be looking for a driver that would push him to greater heights.
Goku would be nowhere without Vegeta constantly challenging him for supremacy.

Red bull will never hire outside of their own driver program... So sainz,gasly, or Hartley. Ver and sainz have had a past so I'm guessing they will give gasly a go but I wouldn't think sainz would go back to TR since he is out of a seat now. But if sainz leaves that's almost a guarantee of 2 new TR drivers for next year

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 17:25
apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 14:28
djos wrote:

Rating is like number of fans in F1. Yes Max has loads of fans, but it wins him nothing in the track.
Yes I'm biased, I think most people are, but my biased opinion is fully backed up by the fact they guy i support holds pretty much the best record in nearly every aspect of the sport. So until Max wins maybe 6 championships, i think you best rein it in a little.
well, you can use facts they way you like, some would say he deserved the record of pole, some would say Mercedes should own that record. you can use fact anyway you like. you can say he lost to rosberg and button or it was bad luck.
its seems when we talk about him there only bad luck and great driving, but we al know Hamilton has way more offdays then any great champion should have. same goes for vettel. those two share 8 championship between them.

but if you put the best things of them together you still will be nowhere on the senna/schumi scale.
and they never will. they are champions but thats it, there are many more of them, and there will many more to come. still would be nice to have a real champ again. F1 needs Racing Hero's not ordinary champs,

ever seen mika vs shumi well thats the way hero's are created

Schuttelberg

ScottB wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:31
Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:22
One young driver is really going to lose out in this game of musical chairs.
Russell, quite possibly.

If we assume Ocon to Renault was a goer, and there was certainly enough noise about it, the resultant moves seemed to have been Stroll to FI then Russell to Williams.

Now we have Stroll still likely to move, if his Dad has been paying bills there, leaving Ocon free, Merc would presumably put him into the Williams, leaving nowhere for Russell to go, unless they can ditch Sirotkin and go full Merc junior team.
I think Checo will lose out regardless. I just don't see one team willing to have him. Ocon and Sainz will get somewhere but I don't think it will be in the places they dreamt of.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Schuttelberg wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 18:24
ScottB wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:31
Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:22
One young driver is really going to lose out in this game of musical chairs.
Russell, quite possibly.

If we assume Ocon to Renault was a goer, and there was certainly enough noise about it, the resultant moves seemed to have been Stroll to FI then Russell to Williams.

Now we have Stroll still likely to move, if his Dad has been paying bills there, leaving Ocon free, Merc would presumably put him into the Williams, leaving nowhere for Russell to go, unless they can ditch Sirotkin and go full Merc junior team.
I think Checo will lose out regardless. I just don't see one team willing to have him. Ocon and Sainz will get somewhere but I don't think it will be in the places they dreamt of.
does checo has not a very big sponser behind him ? i tought so ....he is good enough and has money doubt he will be out of the f1

GPR-A duplicate2

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 18:15
but if you put the best things of them together you still will be nowhere on the senna/schumi scale.
and they never will. they are champions but thats it, there are many more of them, and there will many more to come. still would be nice to have a real champ again. F1 needs Racing Hero's not ordinary champs,

ever seen mika vs shumi well thats the way hero's are created
You are one of those for whom, "OH It was great back then" kind of people.

Even in the times of Senna and Schumacher, nothing ever looked extra ordinary while they were still racing. It was only after they were gone, was when the legends started building. While they were racing, it was as simple as the way Alonso, Lewis and Vettel have been racing. Senna, Schumacher, Vettel and Lewis have all got at least 2 extra ordinary cars in their careers with which they simply ran away with poles and wins. In some years, they had par machinery and in some, much lesser. As much as Senna fought with Prost, Michael fought with Mika and Alonso, Lewis fought with Rosberg and Vettel. It only takes a bit of common sense to understand that, 15 to 20 years down the line, there would be legends about what is happening now and somewhere another apexcontrol would be talking about these times in the same breath as you are, for those 80s and 90s.

Even if Senna and Schumacher of their pomp came back and drove these cars, they wouldn't be doing any different than what the current guys are doing with the current cars. It's in all in the mindset of the viewer to look at things differently. Great drivers of today are not any less greater than those of the past and neither the great drivers of the future would be any less greater than those of today. Greatness can't be compared across generations. Anyone who tops the competition of their generation consistently for an extended period of time, bound to achieve greatness. Period.

NathanOlder

GPR-A, I get the feeling apexcontrol has probably watched the 90's and 80's in just highlight form. Im fortunately old enough to have watched every race live from 95 and I agree entirely that the battles of the past were no better than today, its just a different type of racing with the extra aero.

Apexcontrol if you think so poorly of Lewis and Seb, you must have had hell watching F1 the last decade ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC