Red Bull RB11 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Samraj_official

Re: Red Bull RB11 Renault

if it even pans out, say redbull decide to help cosworth and form a works teams there is going to be no surety that a newly developed PU will outrun PU106-B................its going to be a long waiting game for the bulls!!!!!!!

tuj
tuj

don't worry guys, 2017 is just around the corner... RB/Ferrari.

Juzh

.poz wrote:
Juzh wrote:Pirelli forced tyre change upon themselves with the blowout fiasco at the british gp. RB had little to do with it. Lotus, FI and ferrari continuously blocked changes until then.
But yeah, RB did profit significantly with the change.
I don't think Pirelli is the only one to blame... teams where swapping tIres, using camber angles and pressures out of specification.....

also RB and Merc exacerbate the problem to force Pirelli to return to the kevlar structure as they were unable to use the tIres with steel structure wit the same efficacy of Ferrari, Lotus and Force India
I just knew this nonsense will come up eventually.
Mclaren categorically stated a number of times they never exceeded pirelli's recommendations in any way, yet still Perez got his tyres blown off twice.

Those tires were s**t and everyone knew it.

aral
aral

Juzh wrote:
.poz wrote:
Juzh wrote:Pirelli forced tyre change upon themselves with the blowout fiasco at the british gp. RB had little to do with it. Lotus, FI and ferrari continuously blocked changes until then.
But yeah, RB did profit significantly with the change.
I don't think Pirelli is the only one to blame... teams where swapping tIres, using camber angles and pressures out of specification.....

also RB and Merc exacerbate the problem to force Pirelli to return to the kevlar structure as they were unable to use the tIres with steel structure wit the same efficacy of Ferrari, Lotus and Force India
I just knew this nonsense will come up eventually.
Mclaren categorically stated a number of times they never exceeded pirelli's recommendations in any way, yet still Perez got his tyres blown off twice.

Those tires were s**t and everyone knew it.
not still going on about this are we? the problem is that some teams were using them backwards. it is well documented, and as soon as the tyres were fitted correctly, there was no problem.

Juzh

gilgen wrote: not still going on about this are we? the problem is that some teams were using them backwards. it is well documented, and as soon as the tyres were fitted correctly, there was no problem.
Blind or what?
Juzh wrote: Mclaren categorically stated a number of times they never exceeded pirelli's recommendations in any way, yet still Perez got his tyres blown off twice.
There was no problem because pirelli changed construction after silverstone fiasco.

aral
aral

Juzh wrote:
gilgen wrote: not still going on about this are we? the problem is that some teams were using them backwards. it is well documented, and as soon as the tyres were fitted correctly, there was no problem.
Blind or what?
Juzh wrote: Mclaren categorically stated a number of times they never exceeded pirelli's recommendations in any way, yet still Perez got his tyres blown off twice.
There was no problem because pirelli changed construction after silverstone fiasco.
No i am not blind, but thanks for your concern. and do yo really believe everything that mclaren say? its over! and there is absolutely no point in raking over old stories. but i do feel that your comment about pirelli was uncalled for!

djos

Spoutnik wrote:It's difficult to conceive, this fact : 1 top team will sale engine to his rival.
Not Really, imo RedBull bring enormous promotional value to the Ferrari deal and they arent a competitor outside of F1 - Im sure Ferrari will relish having 2 top flight Ferrari powered teams promoting the heck out their brand.

From RedBull's POV, Ferrari have shown they can adapt to changing engine regulations and quickly learn from their mistakes .... the same cant be said for the current Renault outfit.

Another side effect of this deal will be Infiniti leaving RedBull - i'd be willing to be Ferrari wouldnt allow it to continue and distract folks from their PU powering any wins etc.
"In downforce we trust"

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

Samraj_official wrote:RED BULL TO TAKE FERRARI ENGINES FROM 2017 from Tj13
I would take this to mean an Audi option is definitely NOT on the table... I thought the whole point of this turbo V6 power unit was to attract engine manufacturers?

The FIA are in a difficult spot. On one side, the current Honda and Renault issues and lack of competitiveness are a bad look for the whole sport! On the other side, it is unfair to Mercedes and Ferrari to allow Honda and Renault to develop their PU designs outside of the current rule restrictions.

Maybe the FIA need a new rule around the PU design freeze; "If you exhaust your whole season's allocation of PUs in the first 8 races, the freeze on PU design will be lifted, until a reliable unit can be produced. If this occurs with no points would attributed to the team for the Constructor's Championship for the remainder of the season."

This latest revelation leaves Renault with two options at the end of 2016, buy a team or leave the sport!
Last edited by Wayne DR on 18 Jun 2015, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

Emmcee

Funny how marko said he would rather a Ferrari b engine down on 20-30bhp than a Renault a engine. Things must be getting pretty tense between the pair.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

aral
aral

Wayne DR wrote: I would take this to mean an Audi option is definitely NOT on the table... I thought the whole point of this turbo V6 power unit was to attract engine manufacturers?
audi was never an option! further, they would have to start from absolute scratch and so would not be running for around 3 years.

Mattchu

I have very little sympathy for Red-Bull in this area. Renault have been powering Formula 1 cars for many many years and some of the greatest ever cars were powered by their engines. Most of the time the engine manufacturer got a pretty equal share of the plaudits and its name mentioned/promoted very much on a par with the team.
But with Red-Bull the engine supplier never imo seemed to get the plaudits they deserved even though they supplied probably the best engine of the field.
Now they are having a pretty rough time of it (allthough they still managed 3 wins last year) its basically throw them to the wolves and blame all our troubles on them. I`d have had much more respect for Red-Bull as a racing team if they`d just kept things in house and whenever asked explained that Renault were working very hard to rectify the problems within the rules and that hopefully past glories could be achieved together again (even if that`s not the case).
What would really be the icing on the cake is if they went elsewhere for their engines then Ilmor came up with a cracker! Personally i would hate to see Renault leave the sport alltogether...

Morteza

Via ‏@Albrodpul
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zioture
zioture

Austrian GP Ph by http://www.newsf1.it R WING

wesley123
wesley123

Wayne DR wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:RED BULL TO TAKE FERRARI ENGINES FROM 2017 from Tj13
I would take this to mean an Audi option is definitely NOT on the table... I thought the whole point of this turbo V6 power unit was to attract engine manufacturers?
Setting an incredibly expensive V6T with ERS-systems(which has to be a combined package) isn't really a great way to attract manufacturers. I guess They'd have more success if they'd set the ERS and V6T as seperate packages.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zioture
zioture

Comparison RWing RB CANADA AUSTRIA