2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Well done Yuki, great weekend and well deserved points. Hard luck to Dan in qualli but drove a solid race making some passes and with some quick pace at times. Not much chance from 18th tho unfortunately.

Team seems upbeat though overall and Japan hopefully should be strong. Car without upgrades so far seems top of midfield. Dan has performed well at Japan a few times too. Rumours of an upgrade to the car?

Team report.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-a ... n-gp-race/

Nice support from Horner and Mekies for Dan after a difficult weekend at his home race. Could have had two cars in the points if he didn't make that small but ultimately costly mistake in q1 and started higher as the pace was there.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport ... 5e0a6039d5

Wouter

You have to click on the feed to see the video. :(

Yesterday Yuki said there will be something exciting in Japan. Today he said this:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko ... /10591181/

Translated by DeepL

Dr. Marko is very pleased with Tsunoda, who scored his first point of the season: "He proved that he is a fully matured driver.
Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsports advisor, summed up the Australian GP for the four drivers, including RB. He praised Yuki Tsunoda as an absolutely mature F1 driver.

Kazumi Matsumoto
 Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor, summed up the Australian Grand Prix for the four drivers from the two teams,
including RB, and praised RB's Yuki Tsunoda for his "flawless drive".
------------------------
------------------------

Meanwhile, another driver who had a great race was RB's Yuki Tsunoda. In qualifying, he made a brilliant attack to advance to Q3,
and although he lost one position starting from 8th on the grid, he had a solid race after that. With three of the top teams
retiring from the race, he was able to finish in 8th place (he was later moved up to 7th after Fernando Alonso, who had finished 6th,
was given a 20-second time penalty).

Marco, who had blasted Yuki before the weekend for his race pace being too slow, praised Yuki for a brilliant race.

Yuki drove a perfect race from the first lap on Friday and set very consistent and good times in the race today.
(When (Haas driver Nico) Hulkenberg attacked, he immediately countered.

I think we have confirmed that Yuki is an absolutely mature driver."

As for Daniel Ricciardo, who started 18th and finished 12th in his home Grand Prix, he added that he needed
a safe and confident car.

He's struggling. We'll have to see. There were some good signs at the test in Bahrain, but the last few races have not gone so well.
But the last few races have not gone so well.

Ricciardo needs a car that is safe and confident. I hope the team will give it to him so that he can at least be on par with Yuki. :shock:

The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

With Yuki, god knows. Could be anything from driving for Red Bull or Aston Martin next year, to having some extra nice sushi lined-up ;-)

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 22:48

Translated by DeepL

Dr. Marko is very pleased with Tsunoda, who scored his first point of the season: "He proved that he is a fully matured driver.
Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsports advisor, summed up the Australian GP for the four drivers, including RB. He praised Yuki Tsunoda as an absolutely mature F1 driver.

Kazumi Matsumoto
 Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor, summed up the Australian Grand Prix for the four drivers from the two teams,
------------------------
------------------------

Meanwhile, another driver who had a great race was RB's Yuki Tsunoda. In qualifying, he made a brilliant attack to advance to Q3,
and although he lost one position starting from 8th on the grid, he had a solid race after that. With three of the top teams
retiring from the race, he was able to finish in 8th place (he was later moved up to 7th after Fernando Alonso, who had finished 6th,

Marco, who had blasted Yuki before the weekend for his race pace being too slow, praised Yuki for a brilliant race.

Yuki drove a perfect race from the first lap on Friday and set very consistent and good times in the race today.

As for Daniel Ricciardo, who started 18th and finished 12th in his home Grand Prix, he added that he needed

He's struggling. We'll have to see. There were some good signs at the test in Bahrain, but the last few races have not gone so well.

Ricciardo needs a car that is safe and confident. I hope the team will give it to him so that he can at least be on par with Yuki. :shock:

https://cdn-8.motorsport.com/images/amp ... rb-f1.webp
That at least be on a par statement can be taken either way as good or bad. Imo its being conservative saying he has alot more to give if the car is right. That was evidenced at the Pirelli test and at some races last year in the AT I mentioned. Very dramatic eye emoji as usual lol. When Dan is comfortable in a car he can be very quick. Obviously he is not fully there but they said the car is fundamentally not much different in handling to last year and Dan was strong in Hungary, Mexico, Brazil and Vegas so hopefully they can fine tune the setup issues he is having to nail qualli as in the races overall his pace is decent. Certainly not the same as at Macca.

Have to wonder where he would have ended up this weekend if not for that Q2 exclusion as Mekies and the team seemed to think he had the pace to make Q3 and also get in the points in the race. Track limits can be cruel sometimes.

Dan in the race had 2 x blue flags and about 3 laps of Yuki on mediums vs Dan on hards after the first pit stop. Add to that the gap stuck in DRS train on the opening laps and there wasn't much between them in the race. Mekies even stated Dan was quite fast at times in the race.

Dan loves Japan he has performed strong there with Renault and RBR and Yuki will be highly motivated as its his home race so hoping for big results for the team again!

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 05:56
Wouter wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 22:48

Translated by DeepL

Kazumi Matsumoto
------------------------
------------------------

https://cdn-8.motorsport.com/images/amp ... rb-f1.webp
That at least be on a par statement can be taken either way as good or bad. Imo its being conservative saying he has alot more to give if the car is right. That was evidenced at the Pirelli test and at some races last year in the AT I mentioned.

Very dramatic eye emoji as usual lol.
Excuse me?! Dramatic?! As usual?!
runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 05:56
When Dan is comfortable in a car he can be very quick.
Is that so? Why doesn't he show that (for several years now)?
Ricciardo was more confused than frustrated after qualifying:

"I felt I gave it everything I had. I was happy with the lap,
So it's still not making sense in my head. I'm not struggling with anything in particular"
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yawn. Enjoy the gloating for now. Ever heard of being humble in victory lol.

Several years? Yeah ok lol. There were times last year he was significantly quicker than Yuki. Odd how some seem to get so much pleasure kicking another driver when they are down. I much prefer constructive discussion on the issues and what they can do to improve personally. There was another dramatic eye roll nary but a page ago again highlighting when Dan has a problem etc. Most of us get he is not having a good run currently, I just don;t get the need for the theatrics highlighting it with silly emojis.

viewtopic.php?p=1201003#p1201003

Again hope the team has a good weekend in Japan.
Last edited by runningmanz on 25 Mar 2024, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 11:44
Yawn. Enjoy the gloating for now. Ever heard of being humble in victory lol. :roll:

Several years? Yeah ok lol. There were times last year he was significantly quicker than Yuki. :lol:

Odd how some seem to get so much pleasure kicking another driver when they are down.

I much prefer constructive discussion on the issues and what they can do to improve personally.

Again hope the team has a good weekend in Japan.
You think you know Ricciardo better than Helmut Marko does. #-o Interesting article for you. This time put your glasses on.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/formul ... 6KFLUZF2A/
Liam Lawson edges closer to fulltime drive as Red Bull puts pressure on Daniel Ricciardo

25 Mar, 2024

New Zealand’s Liam Lawson could be in a fulltime Formula One seat as early as May, after Red Bull issued a warning to Daniel Ricciardo,
who drives for their subsidiary team Racing Bulls.

The Herald understands Ricciardo has been given an ultimatum by Red Bull’s head of driver development, Dr Helmut Marko,
a known admirer of Lawson’s.

Should Ricciardo fail to improve over the next two Grand Prix in Japan and China respectively, Red Bull will perform a swap
that sees Lawson likely installed in the Racing Bulls seat for Miami and remain with the team for the rest of the season.

The Herald also understands Lawson is seen internally as Red Bull’s best option to partner world champion Max Verstappen long-term, with current teammate Sergio Perez’s contract to expire at the end of the 2024 season.

Lawson, 22, impressed in his brief foray in motorsport’s pinnacle last year, but was overlooked by Red Bull’s bosses for one of two seats at Racing Bulls (formerly AlphaTauri) as the junior team opted to retain the driver pair of Ricciardo and Japan’s Yuki Tsunoda.

Instead, Lawson has continued the role of Red Bull’s reserve for both of its two Formula One teams – a role he’s held since 2022.

However, after an indifferent start to the season, pressure is mounting on Ricciardo to keep his seat as Red Bull look to the future. Tsunoda’s position is understood to be safe, given his links to Honda, Red Bull’s engine supplier through until the end of 2025.

Perez is also well positioned to remain with Red Bull this season, and is currently second in the driver’s championship to Verstappen, who won the season’s two opening races before retiring on Sunday.

After the first three races of the season, the Australian is yet to score a single point, and has been out-qualified by Tsunoda in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and last weekend in Australia.

Saturday also saw Ricciardo fail to reach the second round of qualifying in his home race at Melbourne’s Albert Park for the first time in his career.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 11:44
There was another dramatic eye roll nary but a page ago again highlighting when Dan has a problem etc. Most of us get he is not having a good run currently, I just don;t get the need for the theatrics highlighting it with silly emojis.

viewtopic.php?p=1201003#p1201003
Well, you edited your post. "a dramatic eye roll." #-o

"I felt I gave it everything I had. I was happy with the lap":wtf:

He said he gave it all, was also slower than Yuki and he was happy with that lap!!!. Yes, than I put an :wtf: behind it.
Last edited by Wouter on 25 Mar 2024, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Even if this article does turn out to be true which could very well also be BS, Dan has had a decorated career. Better to be a has been than a never was. Lawson and Yuki will be pushing @#$% up hill to have a career even half a successful as Ricciardo. Let that sink in.

Like I said before I'll never understand why some get so much enjoyment kicking another driver when they are down..
Last edited by runningmanz on 25 Mar 2024, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

WOW, what a great career! You think he is a great driver and I think he is a mediocre driver.
Only in 2014 and 2016 he was a better driver. Let's agree to disagree.

2011 - 27th place in the WDC
2012 - 18th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 3
2015 - 8
2016 - 3
2017 - 5
2018 - 6
2019 - 9
2020 - 5
2021 - 8
2022 - 12
2023 - 17
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 12:45
WOW, what a great career! You think he is a great driver and I think he is a mediocre driver.

2012 - 18th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 3
2015 - 8
2016 - 3
2017 - 5
2018 - 6
2019 - 9
2020 - 5
2021 - 8
2022 - 12
2023 - 17
Let’s ignore the 8 Grand Prix wins shall we, in non-dominant cars! Only 14% of all F1 drivers have even scored a single win, Daniel has 8. In fact, Daniel is ranked 39th for wins of all time, in fact he’s tied with Denny Hulme and Jacky Ickx! Next you’ll be telling us those two drivers careers weren’t very good! 🤦‍♂️

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... ombre.aspx

Lovely trolling as always Champ!
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 12:51
Wouter wrote:

2012 - 18th
---------------------------
Let’s ignore the 8 Grand Prix wins shall we, in non-dominant cars! Only 14% of all F1 drivers have even scored a single win, Daniel has 8. In fact, Daniel is ranked 39th for wins of all time, in fact he’s tied with Denny Hulme and Jacky Ickx! Next you’ll be telling us those two drivers careers weren’t very good! 🤦‍♂️

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... ombre.aspx

Lovely trolling as always Champ!
Why is it trolling if I don't think he is such a good driver? He was known for his dive bombs, but other than that he didn't show
exceptional things. He was lucky to be in a fast car at RBR where he could drive fast, but when he got into less fast cars
he didn't show anything, including that speed.
He is now driving with a team mate who has 10!! years less experience. Surely he should be able to beat him by far
if he were such an excellent driver but he is not. I'll leave it like that.
You are a huge fan of Ricciardo and I am ok with that but don't accuse me of trolling.
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:

2012 - 18th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 3
2015 - 8
2016 - 3
2017 - 5
2018 - 6
2019 - 9
2020 - 5
2021 - 8
2022 - 12
2023 - 17
This just proves you are trolling. Anyone that does any serious research on Dan knows he has achieved alot in his career of which details have been mentioned by Djos and others in here. Much more than just a list of wdc positions without any context. Don't play the victim complaining about being accused of trolling when your posts are clearly displaying that.

Bill
Bill

the new generation of ground effect cars requires a different kind of driving style .the front wing are basic and teams cant find front end grip that Dan is looking for .even the great Lewis is not putting consistent performance. He will need to demonstrate that he can adapt. someone made a video on YouTube analyzing Dan driving style and said yuki style was erratic which is amusing but like i said in the past all that matter is laptimes in the end