McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ScottB
ScottB

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

TheRacingElf wrote:https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/595150715695267841

Is this going to be another McLaren PR disaster?
Yup, whoever is in charge of their Twitter is once again ramping up the hype that it'll be some sort of Marlboro throwback, when the story is about them going grey on Adam Cooper's blog.

In short, they've learned nothing from the winter's failures.

VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

The Twitter reference is for a new Tag Heuer watch release that will feature a hologram Senna on stage.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Red and White is Honda, the BTCC factory Hondas are Red and white. While that ties in to some degree with their sponsor (Yuasa), they pretty much always have been.

Ron really needs to cut his losses on that 500 Gallons of battleship grey he bought cheap at an army spares shop.

In all seriousness the lack of concern for the livery is very short sighted. Last years was terminally dull and anonymous. Coupled with its lack of pace and therefore TV presence I almost forgot it was there. This years is much better, the red flash around the nose is quite striking for the short time we see it on screen. It makes me want to see more of it.

Mesteño

"Shades of grey" "Fluorescent red as brand colour"

To me it is obvious the way they are going is the one in their twitter infographics
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/595532838579077120

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i'm refusing to get excited due to the nature of the excitement caused in the recent past.

i hope we'll get positively surprised.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

Manoah2u wrote:i'm refusing to get excited.....
That's the wise way. :D
Spread that wo as many People here as you can, otherwise the first Pictures on Wed/Thu could lead to a Mini Forum meltdown of People expecting WAY too much.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Lucky
Lucky

McLaren confirms chrome livery dropped for Spanish GP
McLaren has now formally confirmed that the livery of the MP4-30 will change for this weekend’s Spanish GP.

As reported here on Saturday, the chrome/silver look that the car started the season with has now been replaced, after it caused a few problems with reflections and so on.

A McLaren spokesman told this blog: “We have revised our car’s livery, improving its visual impact, optimising it for not only bright sunshine but also for the floodlights increasingly used in twilight and night races.

“The result is a dynamic, predatory, graphite-grey colouration, complemented by McLaren-dayglo ‘Speedmarks’ and keylines, reducing the reflection issues caused by our latest chrome-silver treatment.”
http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/05/05/mcla ... panish-gp/

Mesteño

Description also fits with this livery.

Thunder

Predatory..... soso. ^^
I must say i am excited what they come around with.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same livery, just without the chrome finish. I'm quite pessimistic about this.
#AeroFrodo

TheRacingElf
TheRacingElf

turbof1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same livery, just without the chrome finish. I'm quite pessimistic about this.
Knowing McLaren, you're probably right..unfortunately

ScottB
ScottB

turbof1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same livery, just without the chrome finish. I'm quite pessimistic about this.
Yup, dark grey instead of chrome, perhaps some more rocket red, that's it.

But then, the original story said as much, but as with the winter, some folk just run straight to 'OMG the Marlboro colours are coming!!' regardless. Granted the people running Mclaren's Twitter don't help on that front.

In short, another damp squib, as you suggest, is my feeling too!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i remember last year's car CGI images that looked more or less grey

that one looked better white-red too btw

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

ChrisM40 wrote:Red and White is Honda, the BTCC factory Hondas are Red and white. While that ties in to some degree with their sponsor (Yuasa), they pretty much always have been.

Ron really needs to cut his losses on that 500 Gallons of battleship grey he bought cheap at an army spares shop.

In all seriousness the lack of concern for the livery is very short sighted. Last years was terminally dull and anonymous. Coupled with its lack of pace and therefore TV presence I almost forgot it was there. This years is much better, the red flash around the nose is quite striking for the short time we see it on screen. It makes me want to see more of it.
Why would one want a mclaren to look like a Honda civic?
It is only the engine that is a honda and the livery should reflect as such in my opinion.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

mikeerfol

So a graphite coloured McLaren.. remember this from pre season rumors?